- t w e n t y s i x -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

Time passes by too fast for my liking and it has been a week since I started spending most of my day with the twins as we prepare all the necessary things for my upcoming wedding ceremony.

Everything is almost set, Sulli and Suzy let me pick the things that I want to appear for the ceremony but I found it funny that Suzy girl would always contradict it and we will end up picking the ones she prefer.

Just for example, I opted for a simple white gown to wear but she insisted that I should pick the blue-white gradient one with a thick fur in the collar and cuffs. I told her that I might look a bit ridiculous at that gown but she only said that no body will make fun of me wearing that fussy dress since it's my special day and that the cut was specially made for the winter surroundings.

Another thing will be the flowers. I asked them that I wanted bright-colored ones to be put around the reception and for my bouquet but then again she said that it would be troublesome to try including other colors around, that we should stick with the colors of the winter to honor its grand duke. I got sick of all her contradictions to the point that I just let her do whatever she wanted.

A few days before the wedding, the Grand Duke of the Winter Kingdom came in my room to present his so-called proposal ring band which I gladly take. He stayed for more than an hour because he spent it trying to tell me his apologies that he did not take considerations whether I am ready for this or not.

He also told me that he wanted to have the ceremony as soon possible, and that he was sorry that it came so sudden. With that, the twins and I, along with the winter servants, were left with no other choice but to finish all the preparations as soon as possible.

The ceremony will not be too grand and it will be exclusive only for the faeries here in the Winter Realm.

The guests began arriving today so I was left with no choice but to spend the whole day greeting each one of them. Myungsoo introduced me to everyone and there were also time that I was left alone to talk with some of the guest, their greetings were the same, Congratulations, Have a good wedded life, and Thank you for your bravery that we are finally freed from the curse. 

To be honest, I keep getting flushed whenever I hear the latter because I can't still believe that I did save and freed them, everything just won't sink in!

I would spy on Myungsoo every now and then, and I will saw him brighter than the sun above. He seems to be very much delighted of the thought of him marrying me, if he is that happy, I should put my heart at ease and be positive about this as well. So I gave the guests my prettiest smile as I welcome them inside and watch as the day end.

"I bet you're tired with all of the works today. You should probably go to sleep," I turn around as I heard Sulli talk to me. My tattoo still throbs whenever I get near from either of the twins but I start getting used to it since I spent almost my day with them.

"I am but I can still do other stuffs and I wanted to help," I said eagerly at her but she shook her head. 

"No. Tomorrow's your big day and you need a long rest for you to look at your best," she argued.

"Right, I don't want to look like a phantom in a wedding dress tomorrow!" I jokingly said which earned soft giggles from her. I swear that Sulli is one of the most decorous female that I have ever met, her every move is gracious and it always left me in awe.

"Speaking of that, are you ready? You are about to enter a new phase in your life and this one is a vital one."

Sulli's question made me still for some reason. Honestly, I can't tell whether am I or am I not ready for this since everything seems to be so fast-paced, this wedding was so sudden and I was not given enough time to really think about it.

I love Myungsoo and settling down with him is fine but I just can't see myself living the rest of my life here and I think that there's a lot more important matter at hand than doing this ceremony. 

My sister is still out there and I need to find her but here I am about to get married without her. Myungsoo should have at least considered looking for her first before deciding to throw this wedding at me. My sister would be happy to witness this especially than she really loves dressing up and pampering herself, this is her thing—music, dancing and partying. I bet she will have a good time if she's here.

I still haven't answer Sulli's question since I don't really know what to tell. Gladly, Namjoo came and forced me to went back inside the safety of my room so that she said I can finally rest up. 

"I am really sorry but I think it will be appropriate for Lady Naeun to have her rest now. She has a big day ahead and she needs a lot of sleep," Namjoo said and gave Sulli an apologetic look as she took me by the arms. 

"Oh, I've just told her that but she insisted that she should stay. I am glad that you came to fetch her up." Sulli said politely and then she turn towards me again, "Good Night, Naeun. Rest well." 

"I will. See you tomorrow," I finally said before I was dragged back inside my room. 

As I was returned inside, Namjoo helped me in changing my heavy dress into my night gown and removing all the unnecessary pins that kept my hair in place. She quickly left my room as she finished preparing me for bed and left me alone here once again. 

Alone, se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter