- t h i r t y t h r e e -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

I am not sure whether to be delighted that I didn't see the Grand Duke of the Night Kingdom for the rest of the week. 

Apparently, Taemin went to return to his business with Bomi and Hayoung right after he fixed the damages that I caused in the training arena. And despite of the Night Lord's absence, he still ensure that my trainings went as usual. 

In the morning after I took my breakfast goes my combat and weaponry trainings with the General Commander. I can't deny that Sehun is actually a good teacher since I got to learn a lot of things about physical combats and basic swordsmanship, and I got even a chance to duel with Key on the process.

Our fight was a bit tricky since Key used a different technique for his offense and he's actually good at blocking each of my attacks, but at the end I am able to beat him which I am very much proud of.

My moves still need more improvements but I am quite glad that Sehun did approve on how I struck and defend myself at the same time. Despite of the exhausting routines that he constantly gives me, I could say that I thoroughly enjoy all of it because I can feel the obvious changes in terms of my strength and agility which I deemed as beneficial for me.

I can tell that if ever Taemin saw my improvements, I know that he'll be beyond glad that I can finally defend my self even though it is still not enough. But little is better than nothing, isn't it? 

Thankfully, my request was granted when I asked to adjust the time of my magical ability training from after the combat trainings to right before sunset so that I can have some spare time to rest since I have noticed that continuous training takes toll on my body. 

Key and Onew have suggested that we should focus in summoning two of my known powers to prevent me from overworking myself; and in order for me to cope up easily, the two of them decided to divide the mentoring. Key was the one responsible in practicing me to summon my flames while Onew took the job in training me with ice. It was never easy to switch my magic from fire to ice, I stumbled a lot of times but as days passes I got to have the hang of it. 

After a week of training I am proud to say that I can now summon my blue flames without panicking and I can also make small things such as weapons out of ice. Once, I even tried fabricating a ice dagger in my training with Sehun to have it checked by his keen eyes and I was actually surprised when the General Commander approved my masterpiece.

Today was the last day of the week and I was about to prepare for the morning practice when my breakfast magically appeared on my bedside table, but this time it comes with a piece of parchment. In there, scribbled in a elegant penmanship, is a little note that says:

Good morning, I just want to say that I'm calling off your trainings today since your trainers have some important matters to attend to. You can take the rest for the day or, if you want, I could send you back in the Winter Realm. Just let me know, I'll be back there before lunch.     

— T

I was up utterly early which leave me to have long hours with no stuffs to do but before I think of a way to spend my free time, I went to take my hearty breakfast first then proceed in changing my night dress.

​​​​​

 

 

 

The Night Palace is a place where everyone could feel comfortable in a most regal way since everything in here were made all out of luxurious stuffs starting from the smallest details like decorations up to the furnitures.

If there's something faulty about this place was its emptiness. The palace was too spacious to hold a huge number of faeries but it is still a mystery to me why I haven't met a single soul here other than Taemin's small circle of friends—no servants, no sentries; today it was only me, myself, and I. 

Once that I've finished eating my meal, I quickly change my attire, apparently, there was only a single dress located in the closet. This one is colored maroon and has a too-deep neckline which complimented the shape of my upper bodice. As for the skirt, I think such stuff is a sort of a culture in the Night Kingdom since all of the dress that I have worn here always have a slit. Seriously Taemin? You do have a unique taste for fashion! 

Boredom made me do things that I didn't knew I could, finding a stack of cosmetics in my vanity drawers, I made some little experimentation to myself. I painted my face as if it's a form of a blank canvass and I am quite amused on how things turned out—I opted to use different shades of brown, black and gold for my eyes and then I finished up the look by putting a blood red tint onto my lips. As for my hair, I curled the ends of it and then secured the left most part of it in a clip which made my pointed faerie ear to peek out.

I have only fully looked at the mirror once I knew that everything was done and when I do, I was awestruck on the female who's staring back right at me. I've never seen myself like this since I would always choose to look demure and girl-like when I dress up but today was different. I looked glamorous, almost regal, and I can't quite believe that this get up suits me better than what I usually prefer. 

A lady, that's what I have become when I was reborn as a faerie. Gone was the youthful and round features that I used to have before. Now, I developed this kind of edge look and curves bloomed into my body.

"Okay Naeun, what now?" I murmured to myself when I finished everything that I needed to do. 

Suddenly, a thought passed through my mind. I haven't seen the rest of the Night Palace and I think today will be a good opportunity to do it so I quickly leave out of my bedroom and went to the wing where I haven't been before which is the East Wing. I just wish that the Night Lord wouldn't mind anyone to roam around his palace without his permissi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter