- f i f t e e n -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

As far as I can remember, it took Myungsoo and at least four days to reach the Winter Kingdom, and that was with the help of his magic. I suppose that it will take me five to six days before I reach home. What the hell will I do for almost a week? Ride this carriage until my freaking hurts?

​​​​​​I was busy watching the outside when golden sparkles suddenly appeared and making its way in engulfing the whole carriage, strong smell of magic filling up the air. Could it be an attack? No—I am still here in the winter lands, no one will dare to attack me from here. Then a small piece of parchment appeared floating above me, I snatched it and I saw a familiar handwriting scribbled inside, the letter came from the Day Lord. "So that explains the golden sparkles," I said as I try reading what's written.

Good day to you, child. I've heard that you are to go back in the mortal lands today and knowing that Myungsoo will not be able to use his magic yet, I came to offer my help so that your long trip will be swift. 

It is so regretful that I wouldn't have the chance to know you better. Have a safe flight.  — Kai

I thought I might not seeing the words well that I have to re-read everything from the start but then the carriage suddenly got lifted from the ground and the strong winds start entering from the open windows. The Grand Duke of the Day Kingdom is surely something, I could easily tell how much Kai loves flying.

A small smile tug into my lips as I finally let go of the parchment and enjoy the view from above. It was only my second time riding in the air yet I think I'm loving it, I feel light and free. 

But before I can truly enjoy the whole ride, another strong smell of magic hits my nose and I felt my lids are starting to get heavy, then blank. 

 

 

 

 

I jerked awake through the loud noise of the market outside the carriage. Rubbing my eyes, I peered out of the window and saw that the streets are packed with people bustling in and out of several shops. There are also vendors lined up along the road selling different types of goods and commodities raging from simple accessories to fresh fruits and vegetables. It has been like ten months since the last time I went here but nothing much had changed, everything seems just the same as before.

I wanted to stop at some shops to buy something for my sister but my limbs were all sore from all the riding. Speaking of riding, I do not know how long or how many days did it took us to reach the mortal lands, perhaps I may ask the footman later on.

We passed through my favourite food shop since I was a child, it is owned by a couple that specializes in pastries and baked goods, and the mere thought of it makes my stomach grumbles. Base on my tummy report, I assume that we took long hours of ride towards Mondain!

The flagstone path becomes familiar as we went further from the market, our house is a mile away yet I can already see it from here. Our mansion is made out of a cream-coloured marble and tiled roofing, I remember the days when the three of us, Dongwoon, Chorong and I, will run around the expanse of our mother's flower garder and we tend to get scolded whenever we ruined one of her favourite flowers. The thought has put a smile on my lips, it could have been better if my brother is still with us, everything will be perfect.

A moment later, the carriage entered the gates of the mansion and I could see my sister waiting and waving a hand to me from a far. Finally, my ride jolted into a stop in front of the mansion and the footman went to open up the door. My sister abruptly scream my name as I went down from the steps and throw both of her arms to hug me tight, so tight. 

"Oh my goodness, Naeun! I missed you so much." Chorong said as she released me from her arms. Nothing much have changed from her, well, except that she looks a lot more healthier than the last time I saw her.

A small whimpering sound escape from my mouth as I took in her appearance once again. "Oh, I missed you too. So much, so so much!" I got teary-eyed. If it wasn't for Myungsoo, my sister wouldn't have had enjoyed the time when I'm away. 

"How are you? How's our older cousin doing? Is she well now?" So that is the memory that Myungsoo put into her, to think that a distant cousin of ours was sick and no one will assist her.

"Well, she said that I can go home since she found a caregiver that will tend her needs."

"Poor Seungwan, she must be suffering." 

"But she's getting better now. There's no need for you to worry about her sister," I said and intertwined my arms into hers, "Can we come inside now? Tell me stories."

She scream in delight and drag me inside the mansion, "Oh! I have lots of things to tell you!" 

​​​​​​The mansion remained the same. I had this nostalgic feeling as I scan the vastness of it on the inside, and my heart cracked. I didn't know that I was not prepared to see our home again, every corner reminds me so much of my parents and my older brother. Both Chorong and I experienced so much loss from the past and I hope that we would not have another one anymore.

Chorong had my things and baggages brought into my room and asked for the cook to serve some good food because I was terribly hungry.

When I asked the footman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter