- n i n e -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINE

After the encounter with the winged creatures, I took some time to clear my head of the effects of the drinks before I went back to the middle of the banquet and look for anyone who comes from the winter court.

The ritual which was participated by the Grand Dukes of the Winter and Vernal court was completed by the time that I returned there. A servant once again offered me a drink which I politely declined, afraid that it might worsen my already spinning head. 

"Where did you go?" Cold hand s around my waist making me yelp in surprise, it was Myungsoo and he was grinning at me. I have never seen him this carefree before, looks like I'm not the only one who's drunk. "I've search the whole area looking for you." This male is drunker than I've expected. 

​​​​​​"What did you do, you're seriously drunk!" I push his hands away but his grip on my waist only tighten, he spun me around to face him, his grin became wider.

"I looked for you. And..drink. I can't find you so I drink," he laugh so loud and his other arm finds its way also on my waist. Myungsoo is hugging me! "You see, I have.. spent most of my magic... making me a lot more vulnerable to..drinks."

Perhaps the alcohol in my system still lingers because I quite like how he clings into my body. I can't speak, I'm too overwhelmed with the weird feeling building up inside me. I just let him hold me close to him not, minding that we are surrounded by bunch of faeries from all courts. 

But he suddenly let go of me and stare deeply into my eyes, I wanted to look away but he held my chin firmly with his right hand, "Have I..told you how beautiful you are tonight? You're making me insane, Naeun. Every single day." I can't believe his words. Am I dreaming or Myungsoo did tell all of that?

I glance around, some of the Grand Dukes are looking this way including other faeries perhaps wondering why the winter lord is tangled with an unknown female in the middle of the feast. My face starts heating and I tried yanking Myungsoo's hands away from me but he held firm. I was about to tell him to let go but soft lips greeted me. 

Unlike his cold hands, Myungsoo's lips were warm. My head is spinning and I can't think clearly. The loud booming of music vanished along with the faeries gathered around as if it was only the two of us. He kissed me without thinking about the gathered crowd around us, he do not mind whether they are looking at us or not. His hands found my waist again and pulled me closer to deepen the kiss. I don't know what to do and my face is burning red! 

At last, Myungsoo let go and his eyes were bright. My eyes are as wide as his, I am too stun to even react so I stayed rooted on my place. ​​​​​​"Naeun, I.. I'm sorry. I–," Realization has hit him and start apologizing about his rash action but I did not let him finish.

It may sound ridiculous but I have promise myself that my first kiss will be a romantic and magical one but a drunk grand duke has just stolen it! I ran as far as I could away from the crowd, I feel embarrassed and mad.

I want to beat the hell out of him but I can't say that I will be able to face him after what had happened. I stop near a huge oak tree upon hearing footsteps from my behind, I know it was Myungsoo. He was panting hard when he stops, I guess the draining of his magical reserve affected his stamina, especially when I was told that fragments of his own magic was strip off away from him.

"Naeun.. I'm so sorry. I'm drunk, I didn't know what I'm doing." 

"Being drunk is not an excuse to just stole my damn first kiss, bastard!" 

​​​​​​His eyes gone wild after hearing my response, "I.. That was your...First?" 

"Indeed and you've taken it away just like that!" 

"I'm sorry.. I can't help it and it's maddening, Naeun. You have been with us for quite some time, you're a person with a kind heart and it's impossible for someone, even a grand duke like me...to like you," he dared closing the distant between us but I stop him. 

​​​​​​"You're drunk. Stop these nonsense, Myungsoo."

"These are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter