- t h i r t y f i v e -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

Ever since our little argument, I have been trying to avoid Myungsoo everyday and chose to stay in the comforts of my room instead, and I am quite delighted that the Winter Lord seems doing the same. And of what reason? I assume it is because that he took my warnings a bit seriously and it might have wounded his ego as a grand duke.

Two weeks has already passed and yes, we have been like this ever since. Myungsoo and I will only see each other on every meal, which is only thrice, and then we spent the rest of the day playing our avoiding game. There were some time that I chose to went out and I would always see the Winter Lord with Suzy; most of the time they were conversing on some laughable matters and some other time, they were together doing nothing at all.

I wouldn't be surprised since Suzy and Sulli were the first female in his life after his own mother. They were the best-est friends and I could clearly see that since they seems to be too fond of each other's presence, no death airs, no awkward silence. In addition to that, Suzy has been the Winter Lord's adviser ever since she came back in here and I couldn't deny the fact that the court system deed improved.

As for the Night Lord, I haven't heard anything from him since the past two weeks though I keep trying to send a word through our mental bond. I always keep in check that the string that I have connected securely into me, I am sure that it's intact yet I received no respond from him. 

Everything was going smoothly, I don't really mind all of our avoiding games of sorts until it came to an end last night. We were finished having our dinner that time and I was about to went back to my room after that but the Winter Lord suddenly grabbed my arm and asked me the thing that I wish I can forever be avoided, it was about our unfinished wedding.

"Naeun, my love, I know that you're still mad at me of what I've said back then but I hope that you'll give me a chance to hear me out." Myungsoo started and I swear that it was so sudden that it almost made me jump. 

Just like what I have said, I thoroughly wish that I could avoid this thing forever since, to be honest, I don't really want to be married to him yet, not because I found my mate, but it is because I came to realized that I am no longer happy about what we have. Don't get me wrong, I still love him but I feel rather a prisoner than his future bride because of all of his manipulating and such. 

It feels like I am being locked in though I know that his doing was all because of him wanting to keep me safe but Hayoung was right. His way is wrong since instead of letting me freely roam the realm that we're suppose to  protect and taken care of, he is keeping me away from reality. 

With a sigh, I faced the Winter Lord and asked, "What's the matter?" 

"When will we have our wedding ceremony continued?" My breathing hitched and I almost stumbled. 

"I-I am, uh, still not...ready. I am so sorry but can we, can we wait until everything's truly fine? Or.. Or can we wait until the mating bond snap into place before we do it?" 

What I gave the Winter Lord is entirely impossible. Everything will never be fine between us, what had happened back in the devil's lair has caused a rift between us and I'm afraid that it continued to worsen on every passing days. And waiting for the snapping of the bond is the most unrealistic thing that could ever happen since I already found mine and it wasn't him. My mate is somewhere out there in the Night Kingdom where I truly belong. 

I wanted to tell him the truth about the mating bond but I am a coward. I know that I am such a coward since I am trying to play safe, what I am doing is ensuring on whose side will I truly be happy and I am completely aware that I am cruel in such way. But is it too much to ask to find what makes your heart at ease? Am I selfish? 

Thankfully, Myungsoo did not push the matter any longer. I could say that he was hurt of my indirect rejection as long breath escaped from his mouth and he said, "I understand. I guess it is the smartest thing to do."

"I-I think so, too."

"Good night, Naeun." He said as he did the honors to open up the door of my bed room and I went inside. He was about to leave but before he completely do so, he faced me once again and said, "I love you."

But I didn't answered and he closed the door slowly, like the way how my heart is doing for the love I bear for the Winter Lord. 

 

 

 

 

The next morning, one of the twins came to my room to wake me up. Today, Sulli was not the one who came into my room but instead it was the Winter Lord's closest female friend Suzy and she's wearing her brightest smile as she came to cross the foyer to my bedroom. 

"Hello, Naeun. I hope that you did not mind if I woke you up," said Suzy softly as she came opening all the curtains of my room making me groan in response due to the sudden brightness. 

"Get out," I mumbled but the female was very persistent on getting me out of my bed as she starts yanking the sheets away from my face but it's given that I am tougher than her since I am able to forcefully pull back the sheets around me. 

"Oh no, I was told that you didn't have your dinner last night and you even skipped breakfast so I suggest that you wake up now and leave your room."

"I still want to sleep, go out!" I yeld.

"You had enough sleep, Naeun. Get up now and eat."

"I told you I don't want to. So leave me alone and don't ever come back in here until I told you so!" 

"You're rather grumpy today, darling." I could tell that Suzy's patience was running thin as I noticed the sudden change of tone of her voice, but still I didn't gave in. 

"Out," I said firmly. 

"But I'm afraid you need to. The Grand Duke of Winter Kingdom has requested for your presence today at the throne room for he wanted you to witness how he oversee the petitions and hear out the way he judge the problems being sent to the court," Suzy explained thoroughly the reason why she's being persistent of me leaving my room and honestly, I feel quite intrigue about the matter which led me to slowly get up from my bed and asked her several questions in connection with what I'm about to attend to. 

​​​​​​"But why do I need to witness such things? I don't have any interest in anything like that," I argued. 

"Well, as the bride and the future Lady of the Winter Court, it is important for you to learn the customs of your o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter