- f o r t y -

MATED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY

Everything was going smoothly for the past three weeks.

Since I have decided to reside permanently in the Court of Wishes, we made some little changes in the Night Lord's townhouse. We modified the guest room that my sister is occupying so it could fit the both of us; the queen sized bed was replaced by a regular-sized bunk bed so we'll have space to put another closet for my personal things. Then we have removed extra furnitures inside the room to give us place to move around. 

Luckily, all the works were not that tiring because Taemin and the others lend a helping hand to speed up everything, and it only took us two days to purchase, move and replace the things around the room. 

As for my trainings, both the General Commander and the Grand Duke of the Night Kingdom suggested that I should continue it so that I can master all of 'known' my magical abilities and for me to unfold my other hidden powers. So far, fire and ice were the magics that I can control a bit confident while my teleportation and shifting skills have apparently turned mute. I am not able to wield it again though I tried my best but I always fail.

Then for my fighting and swordsmanship trainings, Bomi and Sehun would take turns to handle it. Actually, it was a bit surprising to know that the gentle-looking Bomi is not only a skilled fighter but an excellent assassin and a spy herself. I would not believe it at first but once that she entered the sparring area located on Taemin's rooftop, I cannot almost recognize her through the terrifying mask that she wore on her fight with the Commander General. 

After a week of non-stop trainings, the Night Lord finally allowed me to take my long awaited rest and today I have decided to use the chance to see the other parts of the Court where I have never been into.

"Good Morning," I cheerfully said to the lounging Grand Duke as I excited my room. 

"Good Afternoon Naeun. It's already late," he greeted back with his eyes not leaving the parchment that he was holding.

"It is?" I scoffed.

"Yes, silly," he chuckled. "What are your plans today?"

I skipped happily towards the couch where Taemin was seated and tried peeking on the letter. Peering into his business was never my intention but the colorful paper made me curious, luckily, the Night Lord did not mind. 

​​​​​​"I'm thinking of having a stroll around the city since my last has been a long time. I might drag my sister out with me so that I'll have someone to be with," I muttered softly as I seated beside Taemin.

"But I heard Chorong have some matter to attend. If I can remember well, her band was invited to play in the Opera House tonight."

"I didn't know. How come she didn't tell me? I guess I will be going in the city alone for the rest of the day," I said in disbelief. 

​​​I watch the Night Lord's eyes darted from left to right as he read what's written on the colorful parchment that he's currently holding. Then a moment later, Taemin opened his mouth and said, "Perhaps she was too occupied that's why she wasn't able to tell. As for your so-called city tour, I can join you if you want."

I got almost knocked off my seat. I would love to have him as my company. However, as a grand duke, it is given that he has a lot of things to do and management and I wouldn't want to steal some of his time just to do my biddings. I am aware of how he is willing to sacrifice his loads of works so that he can give what will make me delighted but that's wrong and I will not let him do that anyways.

"Oh, there's no need! I will be fine alone, I promise. I know how busy you are with attending letters and queries for the city and I wouldn't want to burden you with extra stuffs," I insisted. 

Hearing my words made the Night Lord to put down the parchments that he was holding, then he angled his head towards me. Effortlessly, Taemin smiled at me handsomely and said, "Like you, today is also my time for leisure. I have the rest of the day to go or do whatever that I want so it will not be a burden to accompany a beautiful female like you downtown."

"Oh come on quit the flattery, Night Lord! Then tell me why you were so indulge with those parchments if today's your rest day," I tried challenging him but his pretty smiles never faltered. 

"These were just invitations, Naeun."

"For what?" 

"For the Meteor Ball to be held in the fortnight. I am just checking whether all the information needed was placed in there since it's scheduled to be reproduce and sent to each of my citizen today," he replied. 

"A b-ball?"

"Yes, a ball. And I want you and your sister to attend it because I swear it would be a magical night, I know you'll enjoy it," the Night Lord grinned at me like a child and I have a feeling that he was not joking when he said that I would enjoy it.

Curious, I tried asking him what could I possibly expect on this Meteor Ball but the Grand Duke of the Night Kingdom acted childishly once again as he keep refusing to tell. Ever since that I started living with him, I have discovered a new side of Taemin and that was his quirkiness.

Apparently, despite of his super old age (I mean come on, he's immortal and I know he lives for more than a hundred years now. Isn't he considered to be old?​​​​​​), Taemin is still young at heart. But the thing is, this side of him only appears when he's either with his cousin or with me. For what reason? I wouldn't want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter