Year Four: Broken Wands and Scraped Up Knees

Protego Totalum

 “...Sooyoung..”

Sojung was currently in her dorm room’s bathroom with her now newly appointed girlfriend, Sooyoung. They were...um..

bonding...uh..

with a lot of kissing.

“How old are you?”

”15...you?”

”14...doesn’t seem to bad, huh?”

”Too bad to what, Sooyoungie?”

Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Sojung’s neck and played with her hair. She looked up at her with dark eyes and Sojung immediately knew what she was thinking of. She gulped but still kept her grip tight on Sooyoung’s waist.

”But...my roommates...they could walk in the room and hear us..”

”Not if we’re quiet.”

Sooyoung kissed Sojung’s nose gently and smiled sweetly at her. Sooyoung was actually very kind and loving yet she hid that with her being incredibly charming and flirty. This is what made Sojung find her attractive, her duality.

“Ah, what the heck.”

Sojung was about to lean into Sooyoung’s lips until she heard a big thump from inside the room, followed by a slight whimper she immediately recognized.

”Yerin.”

Sojung gently pecked Sooyoung’s lips and brought her off her lap and ran out the bathroom. She saw Yerin was on the floor, she suspected she was trying to get to her bed but fell before she could.

But Yerin was all bloody.

”Oh my gosh! Yerin!”

Sojung quickly went on her knees and rolled Yerin onto her back. She was having difficulties breathing and her face was scraped with spots of blood. Her uniform was all tattered up.

”What happened?! Who did this to you!”

”It was all my fault...I ran into some rowdy Mahoutokoro guys and they...they tried to..”

”Oh my gosh...and you said no so they did this?”

”Precisely..”

Yerin sat up with the help of Sojung, her back resting on the side of her bed. She finally got her breathing steady.

”One of the tournament champions helped me...Taehyung I think..”

 

”Let go of me, you dogs!”

They spoke in Japanese only saying small English phrases once in a while. Yerin was getting dragged by her robe into a broom closet but then she finally had enough. 

She kicked one of them directly where the sun doesn’t shine and he fell to his knees, voice high pitched as he whimpered. They were caught off guard and Yerin quickly yanked herself out of her robe and brought out her wand but one of the guys yanked it out of her hand and broke it right in front of her. Much to Yerin’s dismay.

”So tough, huh?”

The boy that broke her wand and threw it somewhere grabbed onto Yerin’s sweater and turned her around, hands behind her back. He then pressed onto her back, making her fall face first onto the floor. She whimpered in pain and groaned as she fought back. They kept trying to bring her away but she kept fighting back, her knees and arms getting more and more scuffed and scraped up in the process.

”Gosh! Let go of me!!”

”Hey!!”

From the other end of the dark hallway called a deep voice. There stood a boy in cranberry robes, wavy hair, wand in hand.

”You better get your hands off of her now, understand me?”

The three boys only spit at him and flipped him off, Yerin groaning at her knee scraping the floor once again. The boy scoffed and began to walk towards them. He cast out incantations calmly, with a steady voice.

“Stupefy.”

One of the boys was shot back, away from Yerin. He began to whine in pain. The other boy tried to get away but was too slow.

“Levicorpus.”

The boy was suddenly brought up in the air and hung up by his ankle, his head barely touching the ground. Completely upside down, making him whimper in fear. The boy that held onto Yerin gripped onto her harder and held out his wand stupidly.

”Expelliarmus.”

His wand went went flying out of his hand, hitting the boy who was upside down in the air’s face. The Illvermorny boy told her to duck down and so Yerin did just that.

”Pertificus Totalis.”

The boy suddenly was standing with his back straight, hands at his side. Still as a statue. Yerin gasped for breath as she was now out of his grip. She looked back up at the Illvermorny student and recognized him to be one of the tournament champions, Kim Taehyung.

”Now I want you, on the floor, to run away. Now.”

The Mahoutokoro student did as he was told and sprinted away.

”Liberacorpus.”

The student who was upside down was suddenly brought down and fell to the floor with a thump.

”You too. Away.”

He ran away as well and Taehyung brought his attention to the stunned student standing like a statue. He walked up to him and yanked at his hair. He pointed his wand at his chest.

”Rennervate.”

The boy was brought back to himself and yelped as Taehyung was pulling at his hair.

”Leave this girl alone. Do you understand?”

The boy nodded quickly and squirmed in his gaze and grip. Taehyung flicked his forehead and pushed him back. He ran off to find his other friends.

Yerin sighed in relief and tried to stand up but her legs gave out on her. She groaned as she tried to use the wall to pull herself up. Then suddenly from behind her, she felt a pair of big and strong hands help her to her feet.

”Are you alright?”

Taehyung looked at her worriedly as he tried to pat down the dust on her sweater. He saw that she was looking towards a specific part of the hallway floor. He went towards it and saw a broken wand. He connected the dots and furrowed his eyebrows, feeling bad for Yerin. 

Yerin grabbed her robe and put it on, feeling a sense of warmth come over her. Taehyung walked back with her broken wand and a frown.

”This is yours, right?”

”Yeah...damn I don’t know what I’m gonna do now without it-“

”Hey...hey don’t worry about it. I break my wand all the time. I’m actually a...pretty clumsy person. If you don’t mind...I can fix it for you! Then I could give it back to you at dinner if you would like..”

Yerin saw his face flush a bit. Very different to what she thought of him. He appeared to be a cold and serious guy but he was quite sympathetic. Yerin smiled at him, wincing as her scrapes moved on her face as she did.

“I’d appreciate that very much. Thank you...for everything.”

”No problem...uh..”

”Yerin. Jung Yerin.”

”Jung Yerin...well do you need help getting to the nurse? Or your dorm? I could help you if you’d like-“

”N-no! It’s completely fine! You’re already doing so much by fixing my wand. I can walk myself back. But once again, thank you so much. I’ll make sure to pay you back. With any favor.”

”But there’s no need to..?”

”Well you saved me...it’s the least I could do.”

Taehyung signed and smiled. Yerin smiled right back at him as she clutched onto her robes.

”Well if you insist. Nothing comes to mind right now but maybe later on...that’ll come in handy..”

”What do you...mean?”

”The Yule Ball’s coming up...and I don’t have a date...yet..”

”Yeah sure.”

”Wait what?”

”I’ll gladly be your date! It’s the least I could do for today.”

Taehyung blushed and looked down. Yerin giggled and ruffled his soft hair.

”I really like yellow..”

”Then I’ll get a yellow tie!”

Yerin giggled once more and they continued to talk a bit before Yerin began to limp back to Gryffindor tower.

 

”You’re Kim Taehyung’s date to the Yule Ball?!”

Asked Sooyoung who was now sat next to Sojung on the floor. Yerin nodded shyly and winced a bit as she felt the scrapes hurt more. Sojung panicked and ran to the bathroom to get Yerin’s beefy first aid kit. As she did, she couldn’t help to feel a bit...empty. Like something inside of her didn’t feel right.

The thought of Yerin and Taehyung didn’t feel right.

’Am I jealous?’ Sojung thought. And peeked her head out of the bathroom slightly to see Yerin and Sooyoung talking. ‘It can’t be...I’m with Sooyoung..’ Sojung sighed and walked back in the room with a weird feeling in her chest.