Year Four: Cranberry Robes

Protego Totalum

“Yewon...uh...I need your help with something..”

”What’s up, Sojung?”

The taller girl fiddled with her fingers as the she stood in front of her younger friend. They were currently outside of the abandoned bathroom when the older girl asked to speak with her.

”So uh...you know the Illvermorny kids right?”

”Did something happen? Are they bullying you?!”

”No! Uh...no it’s just that uh...I had an encounter with one of them...before study hall..”

 

”Oh !”

Sojung tripped on a loose piece of cobblestone as she was running through the courtyard on her way to her study class that she was currently about to be late to. She dropped her books and papers and scraped her knee.

She winced in pain and began to sit up. She rubbed her scuffed up hands together and went to collect her papers only to see someone running towards her.

”Hey! Are you alright?”

Sojung looked up and saw a cranberry colored robe. An Illvermorny student. A very beautiful one at that. Short hair and tan skin, Sojung was immediately hooked. She held out her slender hand with a small and charming smile. Sojung blinked a bit as she was caught off guard by her beauty and held her hand gently as she stood up.

”Aw man! Your knee’s scraped up! Are you okay?”

Sojung nodded as she couldn’t find words to say at the moment and went to pick up her books and he girl quickly went to help her as well. 

“It looks like its bleeding quite a bit...you sure you don’t wanna go to the nurse?”

”Y-yeah I...thank you for your concern but I’ve gotta get to class..”

Sojung quickly said with a shy voice but then immediately realized who she was. Kim Sojung. A proud and loud Gryffindor. She thinks this girl is attractive so she finally puts up her a game.

”Um...what’s your name? Illvermorny right?”

”Yeah...that’s my school. My name’s Sooyoung. Friends call me Yves.”

She said as she gave Sojung her books and patted her shoulder. Sojung could feel herself melting but tried to stop herself and kept going on, trying to not turn into a shy mess.

”Well you’re a long way from home aren’t you? Welcome to Hogwarts Sooyoung! Name’s Sojung. I’d be more than happy to show you around later if you want?”

”That would be great! If you’re free after dinner I’d be more than happy to take you up on that offer.”

“After dinner it is! See you then?”

”You bet, Sojung.”

 

”Wow! So you’re technically going on a date with an Illvermorny student?!”

”I mean I guess...she’s so pretty..”

Yewon giggled and patted her shoulder in approval. Sojung’s face was as bright and red as an apple by this point and she was looking down at her feet, fidgeting her fingers around.

”Alright well...why do you need my help? You basically did all the hard stuff already!”

”I uh...I don’t know where to like start or something..”

”The ‘tour’ you mean?”

”Y-yeah..”

”Start her off in the courtyard then towards the great hall and maybe each tower after that. A great place to end it and make it all romantic would probably be the courtyard again so just end it off there I guess...hopefully this helps somehow..”

”No it’s fine! At least it gives me some ideas...I’ll just wing it with your mentions in mind...alright we should probably get back inside, they might get worried.”

”You’re right...you go on first I’ll be there in a sec.”

Sojung nodded and walked back towards the abandoned bathroom. Yewon sighed and rested her back on the brick wall. Her mind was racing as well as her heart. After hearing rumors about what the first task for the tri wizard tournament would be, she got all shaken up.

Dragons.

Ruthless, fire breathing, deadly dragons.

And SinB would have to fight one. Yewon was definitely not alright with that. She desperately wanted SinB to back out but she knew by know that she didn’t want to and she was too invested. She hasn’t told SinB about this as she didn’t want her to think she was holding her back so instead she’s just keeping to herself most of the time to prevent exploding all her worries towards SinB all at once.

Yewon’s ears perked up. She heard a sound. Someone was on this bathroom floor? Impossible, most likely a lost first year. She heard it again. A type of scuffling noise.

”Is someone there?”

Yewon, being the curious girl she was, spoke up softly. Expecting a small child to respond back. Or at least a student. What she didn’t expect as she walked towards the sound and turned the corner was a wand straight at her face.

”Oh my-“

”Imperio.”

Yewon soon fell unconscious.

******

”So uh...this is your tower?”

”Yeah! All Gryffindors live here. Just like the other houses stay in they’re own sections.”

”Don’t you guys ever like...have sleepovers? Like do people from other houses stay over?”

”Uh...sometimes! Not much here as not a lot of Gryffindors hang out with many people from other houses. We keep to ourselves most of the time. I on the other hand have friends from every house and some who I consider my closest friends.”

”Well that’s cute!”

Sojung almost stopped as her and Sooyoung were walking towards Gryffindor tower. Her face flushed a bit and she looked away.

”C-cute?”

”Yeah! Just like you.”

Sojung finally stopped and faced Sooyoung who was looking back at her with a small smile. Sojung stuffed her hands in the pockets of her robe and looked down, finally regaining whatever control she had.

”You think I’m cute?”

”Yeah. The cutest Gryffindor I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen a lot lately.”

”Well..”

Sojung began to walk forward, making Sooyoung begin to step backwards. Her back eventually pressed onto the brick wall of the hallway.

”I think you’re the cutest Illvermorny I’ve ever seen.”

The smaller girl gave her a charming grin and pulled the girl by her tie towards a dark and secluded part of the hallway.

”You’ve ever kissed anyone before, Sojung?”

”Yeah..?”

”Of course you have.”

Sooyoung held Sojung by her shoulders and pressed her back on the wall. She then leaned in and pressed her lips on hers, Sojung having to lean down a bit.

What they didn’t know was that someone had stumbled upon them. A certain student walking out of Gryffindor tower who almost dropped her potion book in response to the sight she had just witnessed.

Yerin.

Tears in her eyes as she watched the person she was falling in love with kissing someone else.

 

______

 

A/N: shorter chapter to get back into the swing of things :)