Year Three: Gryffindor Fiasco

Protego Totalum

Sojung sighed as she looked up at the ceiling of her room. Lying on her bed with books all around her. Lately she’s been feeling so unmotivated and that’s made her a target for bullying.

Gryffindors are meant to be ambitious and hard working but Sojung wasn’t really feeling like working hard lately. And people in Gryffindor tower think it’s because she’s hanging out with Slytherin students.

Which makes her get mad and lash out. Only for them to say that their suspicions have been put to rest and conclude that Sojung has been corrupted by Slytherin. Which is absolutely not the case.

Its just that ever since Eunbi broke up with her she’s been feeling more quiet and timid than usual. And much more unmotivated. She usually went out to hang out in the courtyard and sneak around campus with her Gryffindor friends yet it’s not happening anymore.

”Sojung the ceiling isn’t going anywhere.”

Yerin said as she got out of the bathroom and walked towards her bed while drying her hair.

”Sojung you’re acting so much more different lately...are you sure you’re fine?”

Sojung said nothing and kept staring at the ceiling. Yerin held her face with one hand and turned her head towards her.

”Sojung. Come on. What’s wrong?”

That was Sojung’s breaking point.

Sojung stood up and out of bed. Barging out of the bedroom. She heard snickering and gossiping as she walked past the common room. 

“She’s looking like a Slytherin more and more everyday..”

”I bet she’s gonna go to that Slytherin girl that’s friends with Hwang..”

”Such a weirdo..”

”Alright you know what?!”

Sojung finally yelled out. Catching everyone’s attention. Sojung clenched her hands into fists.

”Just because I’m friends with a Slytherin or two doesn’t mean I’m one of them! I was put here for a reason alright?! And there’s nothing even wrong with Slytherins in the first place so calm down!! The only reason I’m feeling like lately and doing nothing is because I’m having some personal problems going on alright and even so it’s none of your ing business!! So leave me and my friends alone!!”

Sojung finished and stormed off to wherever she could go to let out steam. She ended up at the courtyard and she sat on one of the stone benches there and she just sighed. She rested her elbows on her knees and groaned.

”Sojung?”

She heard someone call her name and looked up to find Yuna holding some books and looking at her with a concerned face.

”Are you alright? What are you doing out here by yourself?”

”It’s nothing..”

Sojung definitely didn’t want to see Yuna right now. Yet Yuna was a stubborn and loyal Hufflepuff so she sat next to her and sighed.

”I’ll be here. When you’re ready to talk I’ll listen.”

Sojung groaned and finally looked up at Yuna. She clenched her jaw and glared at her.

”How is it? Dating Eunbi?”

”It’s great actually...why do you ask?”

Sojung looked away and rubbed her arm. She then looked back at Yuna and began to speak.

”I just...ever since we...we broke up...I’ve been feeling...empty and emotional all the time..”

Yuna sighed and put her hand on her shoulder. Sojung looked at her expectantly.

”I know what you need. You need someone new to love. You’re heartbroken right now and of course you’ll never get over and stop loving her but you can find someone new to love even more.”

Sojung sighed and looked down to her lap. She bit her lip and felt Yuna pat her head.

”Why not try to date again? See if anything works! It’ll all be fine in time. Just be patient and everything will fix itself eventually.”

Sojung nodded and heard footsteps approaching. She then saw a concerned Yerin stopping in front of her.

”I’ve been looking everywhere for you! Why did you barge off like that?!”

Yuna looked at the two and then winked at Sojung with a small smirk and scurried off. 

Yerin and Sojung stared at each other intently. Yerin felt her face getting hot with Sojung staring at her like that and looked away after a bit.

”Come on butthead...we have to get back before curfew..”

Yerin held out her hand and Sojung took it gently. They then walked back towards Gryffindor tower hand in hand. Feeling a strange and new energy between the two of them.

*******

Yerin dragged Yewon into a corner of the hallways and held her hands to her own mouth.

”Yerin what the hell? Are you okay?”

”Can you keep a secret?”

”Of course! What’s up?”

”I...I think..”

Yerin looked around and closed her eyes tightly. She then sighed and looked back up at the Ravenclaw.

”I think I like Sojung..”