Year Two: Farewell My Love

Protego Totalum

“Y-you...you were the one that wanted to date me. You wanted me to give you my love! You made...you made me fall in love with you Eunbi!! Now you’re just saying we’re done?!”

Eunbi sighed and looked back at Sojung who was sitting on one of the sinks in the abandoned bathroom. She tried to think of anything to say so she could fix this.

”Look...I’m really sorry Sojung. I honestly fell in love with you too but...Yuna kissed me that night when she first became a werewolf and I don’t know what happened. It’s like something inside of me just...clicked..”

Sojung wiped her tears aggressively and sniffled as she spoke up in a desperate and broken voice.

”She’s a freaking werewolf for crying out loud!! Do you know how dangerous this can be for you?! She is a werewolf!!”

”Are you legitimately judging Yuna for something she didn’t even wanna be?! ARE YOU WILLING TO STOOP THAT LOW SOJUNG?! JUST BECAUSE I KISSED HER?! Sojung you are being incredibly stupid right now. Have you seen ANY occasion where she hasn’t been a kind and gentle girl?! Huh?! She didn’t choose to be a werewolf, it was forced on her!! Don’t judge her like that...she’s our friend Sojung.”

”All I’m saying is...this can be dangerous. She...she’s-“

”Dangerous?! SHE’S DANGEROUS?! Now you’re being a full on IDIOT!! She’s incapable of hurting a fly-“

”YOU DON’T KNOW THAT! I just...I just don’t want to see you getting hurt..”

”I doubt she will...but I can see that you’re definitely capable of hurting someone...we’re over Sojung. I don’t wanna see you’re face around me or Yuna you got that?!”

”I-I’m sorry-“

”Sorry my you idiotic nincompoop.”

Eunbi stormed out of the bathroom leaving Sojung in complete distress as she cried as hard as she could. Her heart had been shattered into a million pieces and she didn’t have the strength  do anything but just sob.

*******

”And she said you’re dangerous...goddamnit she’s stupid..”

”B-but what if she’s right? W-what if one day I’ll be incapable of holding back? What if-“

”Yuna you can’t even go to sleep without having a candle lit.”

”Aish...you got me there shortie.”

The two girls were currently cuddling into each other in Yuna’s bed. Eunbi felt much more safe and comfortable in her embrace than with Sojung’s.

”Who would’ve thought. A Slytherin and a Hufflepuff...weird.”

“Just like you, Yuna.”

”Shutup you shortie.”

”Burnt piece of corn.”

”You’re just jealous I have a natural tan.”

”You’re jealous that you always have to be the big spoon from now on.”

”Goddamnit you’re such a smart .”

”It’s my specialty. We’ve been cursing a lot these days haven’t we?”

”I think it’s thirteen hitting you like a bus.”

”Yeah you’re still twelve hehe..”

”Shutup I’m taller.”

The two continued bickering until they both eventually fell asleep in each other’s arms. 

*******

The last day of school was finished and the girls were exhausted from all of the tests and exams they had. Now they had to pack everything they brought so that they can leave tomorrow.

During that whole day, Sojung couldn’t focus on anything and once it was time to pack, her roommate Yerin saw that she was much more slow than usual. She sat next to Sojung who was on her bed sorting out her suitcase.

”Okay something’s up Sojung. What’s wrong?”

”Nothing..”

”Oh I know something’s wrong...did something happen between you and Eunbi? Is that why you weren’t with us after classes?”

“I’m fine.”

”I can clearly tell you’re not fine Sojung-“

”We broke up. Happy?”

”Really? I thought you two were perfect for each other..”

”I thought so too but...I guess not. She told me she doesn’t want me around her or...”

”Who she’s dating now?”

”Yeah.”

”But who is it?”

”She’s...she’s dating Yuna..”

“Woah...really? But they like hate each other’s guts! Yet again they are just like that together and maybe they really do love each other-“

”You’re not helping Yerin.”

”Sorry...well you know what? Everything will be fine. We’re still all friends after all right?”

Sojung sighed and looked down at her lap and played with her fingers.

”I hope we still are..”

*******

”SinB, are you gonna keep doing quidditch next year? You didn’t have as many games this year..”

”Yes I will Yewon. It’s just kinda hard to get back on a broom after that incident but I’ll keep doing quidditch.”

Yewon and Eunbi spoke in the train as they waited for their friends. SinB sighed and held Yewon’s hand as she smiled.

”But you know what I’m more excited about?”

”What?”

”Finally being able to be with each other. As a couple. Since that’s what you told me.”

”Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Oh gosh this is gonna be fun. Finally being able to tell people that we’re dating so nobody flirts with me or you anymore.”

“Someone’s flirted with you before?”

”Yeah but of course I’ve rejected them.”

”Who was it?”

”Eh it’s nobody.”

”Are you sure? You know I wouldn’t get mad.”

”It’s just a first year boy nothing really serious.”

”Alright. But you’re mine remember that okay?”

”And you’re mine you have to remember that too.”

Yewon teased SinB and the older girl wrapped her arm around her shoulder and giggled.

The girls slowly but surely filled up the cart and there was some awkward silence when Sojung arrived with Yerin but it was soon ignored and everyone spoke to each other. Well there was indeed no conversations between Sojung and Eunbi but other than that it was fine.

The train ride went on for about two hours or so until they were dropped off at the train station. There the girls bid their final goodbyes to each other.

”Write to me yeah?”

”Of course I will Yewon! I did it last time.”

Eunbi pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead and cupped her face in her hands gently as she rubbed her thumbs gently on her cheeks.

”I’ll miss you Yewon.”

”I’ll miss you too Eunbi.”

Eunbi brought her in a tight hug as she tried to hold back tears. She patted her head as she saw her aunt and uncle in the distance.

”I need to go now. Goodbye Yewon.”

She blew her a kiss with a wink and Yewon grinned at her as she giggled. 

And that is how they concluded their second year at Hogwarts.