eight.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

(I'm so glad this story is picking up!!!! From now on expect really good updates! As excited as I am about posting the next chapter's, today I am doing a double update of chapter's 8 & 9!! So please enjoy yourself. And also, from time to time I will be using the "you" tag  so if you see your name please don't get freaked out too much...but enjoy yourself!!!)

 

 

Lu Han had been tired and with all of the studying going on around him, he decided to leave early. Lu Han was a fairly smart kid who did not need to study quite as tedious as the other students. Leaving the girls in his class disappointed that he was leaving too soon, he picked up his things, ignoring their moans of sadness and walked casually out of class. Passing through the countless classrooms, while occasionally looking out at the dark night that filled the sky, Lu Han decided to check in one place before he would leave.
 
 
 He headed towards the 2nd floor towards the student library. As he thought, Lauren was sitting at a table with her friends, studying. Standing at the door, looking through a see through glass window, he watched as she reached over their textbooks to help one of her friends who seemed to have been nodding off to sleep. She flashes one smile at her sleepy friend and Lu Han's heart is in a flutter.
 
 
"How could someone so kind be this perfect?" He asked himself. It was true, that to him looks were not everything. But with Lauren, she was like the complete package. Pretty. Friendly. Caring and Polite. She didn't swoon over the littlest things but she seemed to care for it instead. She didn't follow him around school or even pay attention to the things that other girls thought were cool. She always had her direct and honest feelings. She was always sincere . She was totally everything that Lu Han needed in his life. As he was about to enter in and surprise her, he heard some commotion happening down the hall. 
 
He looked down the hallway to see a group of girls crowding around a spilled trash can. Then he heard insults. 
 
 
"Who do you think you are to be so happy?"
 
"She needs to be taught a lesson."
 
"Think your so pretty fatass?" 
 
 
Lu Han knew there was no way they could be saying insults to a trash can. So he looked carefully and saw one of the girl's shove another girl to the ground. The girl was overweight.That girl was you. You looked sadly to the ground and the girls started to pour the trash on top of your head. Including a carton of banana milk that seemed to still have had some milk in it. 
 
"Think your so special just because he brought you milk?" one girl retorted. 
 
Lu Han dropped his bag and walked down the hall casually, pissed off. 
 
"Girls like you are the worst." He said. 
 
 
With one word the girls all spun around to see Lu Han. 
 
 
"OPPA!!!" They gasped. 
 
They gathered together excitedly seeing the dashing creature in front of them. 
 
 
"And you have the nerve to actually call me oppa? What makes you girls so mighty that you could bully someone? Are you jealous?" He asked. 
 
One of the girls actually snorted. 
 
 
"Are you kidding me? We're only putting her in her place." 
 
 
"Then maybe you should be the one on the ground with trash on your head." Lu Han said. 
 
 
The girls could not believe that Lu Han could say such harsh words to them. 
 
 
"Oppa..."
"Don't call me oppa. Get lost. Now." he said. 
 
The girls started to cry as they ran away from the scene. Lu Han tightened his fist and came right towards you. You had tears down your cheeks as you breathed in and out. Lu Han quickly took off the trash that fell on you and reached inside his pocket to take out a packet of tissue's. He offered them to you. 
 
"Are you okay?" he asked you. 
 
 
You looked into his eyes. His face was warm yet it seem's distant. You slowly look down and nod your head. 
 
 
"You can stop pretending now." You said
"Excuse me?" he said.
 
"You can stop being nice. I don't need your sympathy." You said to him.
 
"Who said I was offering you my sympathy?" he said. 
 
His words were cold and harsh. But you liked this cold response better then Taemin Sunbae's arrogant words. 
 
 
"And I wasn't being nice. Would you rather them to continue bullying you? If so I'll call them back..."
 
"Do you want a thank-you from me or something?" You asked fiercely.
 
"Some gratitude could be nice." Lu Han's face hardened. 
 
"Next time I'll handle myself better." You said to him. 
 
 
Lu Han smirked. Never having to deal with a girl like you, he stood up and walked away, feeling a bit angry. You watched as he left and quickly wiped away the tears from your eyes. 
 
 
"Thank-you sunbae." You said after all. 
 
Lu Han had stopped in his tracks as he heard you say this. Not able to walk away, he came back to approach you. He stood in front of you and crouched down to come eye level with you. Without you telling him to, he grabbed the tissue and started to wipe away the milk that fell on your face and hair. 
 
 
"Will you handle yourself better the next time?" he asked you. 
 
Though you had told him that you would, you automatically knew that had been a lie. The next time you were to be in a situation like this, you would be defenseless again. You try not to look him in his eye's but you can't help but notice how gentle Lu Han seemed to be. It wasn't as if he was actually caring about you, he was showing warmth.
 
"Don't always think that someone who is defending you is trying to be nice. In my case I don't care who it is....no one deserve's to be treated like garbage. And a girl like yourself shouldn't allow that to happen to you." he said.
 
"A girl like myself.....a fat girl..."
 
 
Lu Han stopped wiping the milk off of you and looked at you with a frown. You looked elsewhere feeling ready to cry again. 
 
 
"Girls like you....your the ugliest."
 
 
His words were so straight forward and deep that it struck you like lightening. 
 
"How long do you plan to put yourself down...as if it's an excuse..."
 
"Eh?"
 
"Why don't you stop being weak and become strong." He said. 
 
No one had ever been so honest with you in their life. As if he knew your life, you wanted to say something but you couldn't. And with graceful measure's, he grabbed your hand and placed the tissue in it. With his finger's he wrapped your fingers around the tissue and pushed it towards you. Standing up, he picked up the garbage can and started to pick up the trash. You gotten up and helped him.