fourteen.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

(I'm glad you guys really like this story. Thanks for your comments (seriously they really make my day) and for subscribing as well!!! Due to some convincing from a reader, I've decided to do a double update today!!! Please enjoy!!!)

 

 

 

 

 

 Lu Han had been listening to the conversation between you and Taemin. He was on his way to also buy a drink for Lauren when he overheard your strong words aimed at Taemin. At first he thought you were doing alright by handling yourself well. But when Taemin had asked you if you were suicidal, Lu Han felt indifferent towards his friend. That was not a way to address someone with a problem. Lu Han felt it had been a cheap move in fact.
 
You were really shocked that Taemin would ask you that. You start to wonder if he had been there at the crosswalk when you thought for that brief moment about killing yourself. When you decided better against it (when you decided that it wouldn't be so bad to live), you took a step forward not knowing that the light had been red. 
 
"Tell me...did you really try to kill yourself?" Taemin asked. 
 
You felt as if something had been stuck down your throat. You want to speak against it but whatever it was that was blocking part of your air, prevented you from saying anything. Lu Han rested against the hall way listening to the conversation. Though he was disappointed in Taemin, he too wanted an answer to that straight forward question. 
 
"W-who told you that?" You asked Taemin. 
"It's not important....but it's really pathetic for a girl like you to even think about killing yourself. What about your parent's? Are you trying to kill them too?" Taemin fussed. 
 
"I really would like to know...where you heard that from, Did you hear this from girls around the school? Are they still spreading nasty rumor's about me?" You asked. 
 
"I did not hear it from any girls. In fact, it doesn't really matter who I've heard it from. What's more important is that you need help." Taemin said leaning over to grab his drink that fell from the machine minutes ago.  
 
You did not let his words falter you. You stood your ground and grabbed tightly onto the juice in your hands.
 
"I think your the one who need's help." You said. 
 
Lu Han smiled, trying his hardest not to laugh. He covered his mouth and laughed as quietly as he could. There was never a girl who "sassed" talked Taemin like this now a days. When Taemin was a kid, back in his nerdy days, there were plenty of girls who would tell him off. Most of them were the woman that did not want anything to do with him. 
 
"What?" Taemin's voice dropped low, as if he was issuing a threat. 
"I think your rude and obnoxious. Your not someone who can look past a person's face and body. Your just an egotistic jerk without a clue." 
 
Gaining strength, you felt empowered to tell Taemin off some more. But you figured you had said enough. Tightening your fist, remembering the anger and pain you felt when he rejected you,  and the anger you still felt now because Taemin had been an , you walked away leaving Taemin by himself. 
 
Lu Han removed his hand, having calmed down from laughing and peeked around the corner to see Taemin kicking the vending machine out of anger. Lu Han sighed and walked towards his frustrated friend and placed one hand on his shoulder. 
 
"UGHHHH She's annoying!!!" Taemin scowled. 
"I don't blame her." Lu Han said. 
 
Taemin passed Lu Han the most dirtiest look but Lu Han was not phased by it. 
 
"Hyung..."
"I heard the whole thing. What a douche move to question weather she was suicidal or not. If you ask me...you were asking for it." Lu Han said. 
"Did you hear those words she was calling me? Do she know who I am?" Taemin said. 
"I hardly know who you are. You've changed some much." Lu Han said putting in money to grab some juice. 
 
Taemin decided to ignore his hyung further and walked off with his drinks. 
 
* * * 
 
"Lu Han, what's so funny?" Lauren asked as she watched Lu Han laugh to himself while eating lunch with her. 
 
Lu Han had been thinking of the way you had told off Taemin. The way you had said that "Taemin needed help" and called him some names was a bit humorous. Though he found it funny, he felt proud of you. Unaware that he had been giggling to himself like a mad man in front of Lauren, he tuned back into what Lauren had just asked him. 
 
"Oh. I just thought of something someone said." Lu Han said. 
 
Lauren smiled and leaned forward. Lu Han was surprised with how close Lauren had came. She was so close that he could smell her perfume. She smelled really fresh. 
 
"I like to laugh. What was it that someone said?" Lauren asked. 
 
Entranced by how close she came, Lu Han smiled and thought back to when you told Taemin off.
 
"I was only thinking of a girl." He said. 
"What girl? Have you already found someone else to like?" Lauren asked, sounding bummed out. 
 
Lu Han looked at Lauren's half disappointed face and shook his head. 
 
"No...I couldn't like anyone but you..." 
 
Lu Han closed his mouth instantly, not believing that he had just stupidly confessed to Lauren that he liked her. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back pitying himself for being talkative. 
 
"Lu Han...you like me?" Lauren asked. 
 
Lu Han knew that he could not avoid it any more. Though he had planned to confess to her later, when the time was right, he figured he would do it now (since he senselessly blurted it out) where no one was around. It was just him and Lauren in their homeroom classroom eating lunch together. 
 
"Oh...did I...really ...say that?" Lu Han scratched the back of his head playing it off. 
 
Lauren just sighed and started to pick up her chopsticks. She leaned back in her seat and started to eat again. 
 
"Lu Han...I'm a really direct person. And I prefer the people around me to be the same way." She said. 
"I know. I'm sorry...I just thought that I would have said it better then how I did just now." He said. 
"As long as you tell me your feelings, I am fine." Lauren said. 
 
Lu Han took a deep breath and nodded his head. He figured it was about time he said something to Lauren about how he felt about her. Lu Han liked her for some time now. He wanted to make sure he made her his in time before someone else did. 
 
"Okay then. It's no secret....Lauren...I like you. And I think we should go out." Lu Han said.
 
Lauren raised her eye brows and nodded seriously. She took a sip of the juice he had bought her. 
 
"Lu Han...I like you too. And I too think we should go out." Lauren said after some small silences. 
 
Lu Han's eye's almost bulged out of his sockets. 
 
"Really?"
"Hai (Yes)." Lauren said. 
 
Lu Han could not believe Lauren had said yes. Lu Han actually did not know what to expect. Pleased with her answer, Lu Han took the opportunity and grabbed her hand. 
 
"I now dub thee...Lu Han's date for a movie Saturday night." Lu Han said. 
 
Lauren, blushed pink, adoring Lu Han's cute measures as he proclaimed a date for the two of them. 
 
"Hai. I look forward to it." Lauren said to him. 
 
Lu Han smiled and together the two ate their lunch.