eleven.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

Taemin's entire shirt was drenched in sweat as he started to dance the same choreography he had been doing for the last 3 hours. He wanted to make sure that the move's were just perfect and in sync. Taemin loved the setting like this. Him all alone in the abandoned dance studio, with just a beat and his god given gift. He could go on and on like this for hours practicing and working hard to make sure that he becomes and stay's the best. 
 
With the issues in his life being his biggest motivation for doing things like this, Taemin kept himself lost in the music, feeling each beat and rhythm that flowed through his body. As he kept on dancing, his friend, and the owner of this abandoned dance studio, LAY came in watching Taemin. Lay took a moment to check out what Taemin was doing and then he cut off the music. Taemin passed LAY a dirty look and stopped to breath properly. 
 
"Yah your going to kill yourself one day if you keep it up."  He told his friend. 
 
"It'd be better to die this way then." Taemin wiped his face with his already soaked shirt. 
 
"You've been working really hard lately. Has something been bothering you?" Lay asked taking a seat at the ratty old couch in the corner. 
 
 
Taemin grabbed his bottle of water and started to drink. 
 
"Things are just fine." Taemin said. 
 
"You don't look it." Lay said taking out his cell phone. 
 
"Is it any of your business what happen's in my life?" Taemin asked.
 
"Nope. But...I worry about you sometimes." Lay said. 
 
"I'll be alright. As long as I have these legs (his legs), I'll be alright." Taemin said. 
 
Lay nodded his head letting whatever was bothering him go and then sighed. 
 
"Where is Kai and Lu Han? Didn't they say they would be here around this time?" Lay asked. 
 
"They should be coming soon."
 
"Kai has become quite interesting lately eh? I hear he has dozen's of girls going after him." Lay said.
 
"Of course. Kai is a playboy."
 
"Hmm...but I've seen a different side to him lately. He seem's more relaxed and easy going now." 
 
"Maybe he's found some girl to date already." Taemin said as he stretched. 
 
"Like who? You know who it is?" 
 
"Nope. All I know is  my love interests." Taemin said. 
 
 
Lay sighed and went to go and stretch with his friend. 
 
"So this is the reason why you've come to practice early....your having girl problems." Lay said. 
 
"Hyung..." Taemin looked at his reflection as he stopped stretching. 
 
"Hmm?" 
 
"Have you ever been torn over two girls that you liked a lot?" he asked. 
 
Lay smiled at his reflection. 
 
"No. There was always just one." he said. 
 
Taemin sighed. He scratched the back of his head thinking of his situation. There were two girls that liked him and he liked them both back equally. They were both pretty and sweet. They both had unique charms that he enjoyed. And they both wanted to date him. The issue for Taemin was choosing the right one to date. 
 
"Why must I  been born with good looks." Taemin cried out to the ceiling. 
"Looking good is a gift." Lay said. 
"Looking good is hard work." Taemin said. 
 
Lay smiled and put one arm around his buddy's arm. 
 
"I remember there was a time when you couldn't get a girl to come near you. Now look at you...now that you've dyed your hair blonde and started dancing, you've become some big shot. I wonder sometimes...is this the same nerdy kid from the neighborhood." Lay said with a smile. 
 
"Of course I'm not. I've changed for the better." Taemin said, shrugging himself from Lay's grasp. 
 
"Having two girls to worry about....it must be tuff."  Lay said.
"Hyung...what should I do?" Taemin asked him. 
"Follow your heart. If you can't love one more then the other then maybe you should give it up." Lay said. 
 
Just as Taemin had been offered this piece of advice, Luhan and Kai had walked through the door's together. 
 
"About time you guy's made it." Lay went to them and did a handshake they had made up from when they were kids. 
 
"Are we that late?" Kai asked noting Taemin's drenched shirt.
 
"Nope...your just in time. Taemin here has just been putting in some over time." Lay said. 
 
"You should take it easy Taemin." Lu Han said to him. 
 
 
 
Taemin took another drink of his water and smiled at Lu Han. 
 
"Hyung I'll be fine. I'm just getting started." Taemin told them. 
 
Kai and Lu Han had walked over towards the ratty sofa and set aside their stuff. Lu Han noticed Kai had a carton of banana milk with him. 
 
"Since when have you become obsessed with milk?" Lu Han asked. 
 
"Hmm? Oh this?" Kai held up the carton and then took a drink from it. 
 
"You've been drinking it a lot lately. At lunch, at snack times...even this morning." Lu Han said. 
 
Kai looked at the banana milk and smiled. 
 
"I don't know...Banana milk seems to taste sweeter now." He said. 
"Maybe because you've been drinking too much of it." Lu Han said. 
"Maybe." Kai said smiling, thinking of you. 
"Oh Kai..." Lay had came toward him holding a pink watch. 
 
"Do you remember when that girl was here? I had noticed she wore your school uniform." he said. 
 
Kai nodded his head. He remembered seeing you, running away from this place. You had ran so fast that he didn't even see you disappear by the corner store. 
 
"Yeah...what about her?" 
"I don't know if I will see her again...but she dropped this when she ran out. Maybe you could find her and help return it for me." he said. 
 
Lay handed Kai the watch and he took it, looking at it. 
 
"Sure...but hyung...why was she here? Do you know her well?" Kai asked. 
 
Lay sighed and put his hands in his pockets. 
 
"Actually...no I don't know her. Our encounter was quite difficult." Lay said. 
"How so?" Kai asked. 
 
Lu Han started to tune in to what they were saying. 
 
"Actually, I don't think that girl is okay. I think she might be suicidal." He said. 
 
This caught not only Kai and Lu Han's attention but Taemin's attention as well. He had came closer to listen. Kai could not believe that you would or could be that way. 
 
"Huh? How so?" Kai asked. 
 
"Well... when I found her, she had been crying with her head down. I don't know if she wasn't paying attention to where she was going or just doing it on purpose, but she had stepped out onto a busy street, when the pedestrian light was red. She almost gotten hit by a bus. If I hadn't been there to pull her back...she would have been dead by now." Lay said. 
 
 
Kai was speechless as he could not find the right words to say. Remembering that first time he saw you, he had noted that sad expression on your face. Even when he was able to sneak glances at you in school, there were time's when he saw you looking down as if you were tuning the whole world out. The way you always looked down at the ground instead of looking up always made him wonder why you are always like that. He figured you were just shy. But Kai was not thinking that it was something totally deeper. 
 
"I brought her here because she was shaken up really bad. She could not even talk or comprehend properly with what happened. So I left her to get her some tea. When I came back she seemed to be aware that she was some place different. She ran off before I could even explain properly who I was." Lay continued. 
 
 
"So your saying there was a girl from our school who wanted to get ran over?" Taemin intervened. 
 
"I'm not sure. But it seem's so. She seemed pretty sad." 
 
"What did she look like?" Lu Han asked. 
 
"Well...she's....kind of big for her age. She has shoulder length hair..."
 
"There's only one overweight girl in our school." Taemin said. 
 
Both Kai and Lu Han looked at him. Taemin sighed and shook his head. 
 
"We should practice..." Taemin said after awhile.
"Wait...Taemin...could it be the one who confessed to you? That one girl you rejected?" Lu Han said. 
 
Taemin didn't say anything. He just shrugged it off and started to stretch again. Kai put the watch in his pocket and he too started to stretch. Lu Han stood there watching his friends carry on to start practice. Lu Han suddenly thought of you, as he remembered your crying face. 
 
"A girl like myself.....a fat girl."
 
He remembered when you had spoken those negative words about yourself. Indeed you were a weak girl in Lu Han's eye's. But he did not know you were so weak to have resulted to anything like that. Lay placed a hand on Lu Han's shoulder and sighed to himself. 
 
"We should start practice. Let's do well eh?" Lay patted him and walked away to stretch. 
 
Lu Han sighed to himself and went to join in on practicing.