forty-seven

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

Taemin secretly went to the audition for S.M. Entertainment behind his mother's back. He figured it was time to make moves for himself. If he could not have you, he was going to have his chance of becoming an idol. It was something he could see himself doing. He had the looks, he had the talent...he just needed the training. He signed his name in the sign-up sheet and looked around him. All around were other good looking kids, waiting for a chance to audition. Some were occupied with their MP3's, practicing singing or dancing, before their name would be called. There was one girl who was really pretty that stood out. Taemin noticed her right away. But it wasn't because of her looks. Her dancing was pitiful. 
 
Taemin  smirked at her lack of rhythm and went to go and sit down. He received a text from Lay wishing him luck. He was nervous. Though Taemin was good at not showing too much of his emotions, Taemin wondered if everyone else, the more talented ones, could see through his hard looks into his nervous wrecked heart. He really did not know what he was going to do once he step into that audition room. He only hoped that the producers/talent scouts would be left with an impression of him. As Taemin took out his MP3 to listen to the song that he was going to audition to, a geeky girl wearing big round oval glasses, a school uniform and braces sat next to him. She was a bit over weight this girl. Taemin looked at her from the side of his eye, irritated. 
 
The girl gasped for air and then smiled shyly. 
 
" AIGOOOO Those steps..." she moaned. 
 
She patted the back of her sweaty neck and complained softly. Taemin scooted his seat farther from her so that he could concentrate on the audition. The girl took notice and smiled. 
 
"Omo....your cute..." she blushed and looked away. 
 
Taemin rolled his eyes and turned up the volume on his MP3 player. 
 
"Are you here to audition?" She asked Taemin, though he was clearly trying his best to ignore her. But she kept her eyes fixed on Taemin. Getting irritated by the minute, he answered her question. 
 
"Yes. Is that all?" Taemin snapped back.
 
But instead of taking offense to it, the girl smiled and grabbed his arm. 
 
"YAHHH! Me too! Wahh what fate would it be if we pass this audition together? Omo we could train together....-GASPS- WE COULD DEBUT TOGETHER...."
 
The girl was getting herself so worked up that Taemin could not help but wonder why this girl wasn't reacting to his cold response. She kept persisting as if Taemin actually welcomed her company. 
 
"You too? You are auditioning as well?" Taemin asked. 
"Mmmm. Oh, let me introduce myself. Hello. My name is Song Joo. I'm in Grade 8. My talents specializes in dancing, singing and modeling." 
 
Taemin had to stop himself from laughing. Judging only by her looks, Song Joo wasn't a pure beauty. With her natural curly hair, braced up crooked teeth and  additional fat hanging from her waist and thighs, Song Joo was not a girl that could compare to a beauty like the women in SNSD or the one's in the really popular CF's now-a-days. Song Joo was just a plain Jane with nothing going for her, physical wise. 
 
"What are you auditioning for? Could I guess? Well, your face is almost beyond perfect....almost like my beloved Jaejoong oppa....and your body is slender...wahhh you must be a dancer." She said. 
 
Taemin eyed Song Joo up and down and for one straight moment and forgotten all about her looks. 
 
"How do you know I am a dancer?" He asked. 
 
Song Joo just smiled and shrugged her shoulders. 
 
"You just seem like a dancer I guess that's all. Besides, I saw the way you were moving your body just now before I came. Your moves, even if it's small, are really nice and easy. It flows almost like water." Song Joo said. 
 
This was the first time Taemin had heard of such a nice compliment about his dancing. Sure Taemin knew that he was good, but he never had anyone describe the way he dances the way Song Joo had just said. It made Taemin want to smile. 
 
"Anyway, good luck with your audition. Well, here's to both of us making it through....FIGHTING!" she pumped her hand in the air.
 
Normally Taemin would feel embarrassed carrying on with such behavior but he could really feel Song Joo's friendly/positive energy. He felt bad for trying to ignore her before and smiled, acknowledging her. 
 
"Fighting!" he chimed in, pumping his fist alongside her. 
 
She pumped her fist again and then sat back, waiting patiently for her turn. 
 
"LEE TAEMIN!"
 
Taemin looked in the direction from where his name was being called and stood up, his heart falling to the Pitts of his stomach. "FIGHTING!" Taemin heard Song Joo call out again. 
 
Some people around her laughed but she ignored them and so did Taemin. He turned back to her and nodded once. Song Joo smiled happily and then  stared down at her lap, clearly embarrassed from causing a small scene.
 
* * * 
 
 
 
 
Taemin went back to the dancing studio to practice more of his dancing when Lu Han came walking in. Taemin stopped dancing and greeted Lu Han.
 
"Hyung..." Taemin waved to him with a smile. 
 
Lu Han waved back without much care and immediately started to warm up. 
 
"How did that audition go?" Lu Han asked, aware of Taemin's day of audition.
 
Taemin honestly could not give Lu Han a definite answer. It seemed to Taemin that he, himself did well during the process. Though he felt his nerves shake down to his knee's, Taemin was able to zone into the music (the same music he practiced with for years and years to improve his movement technique's) and draw himself into the music rather letting those bad nerves show. 
 
"I guess I did alright. They said that they would contact me in a couple of days to let me know if they would train me."  Taemin told him. 
"So if you pass you would become a trainee eh?" Lu Hand smirked, not so thrilled at the news. 
"Yep. Just a trainee." Taemin sighed. 
 
He had heard many so-called "trainee" stories through Lay (who had plenty of friends training at different music companies) before. Being a trainee was not a step closer to becoming an idol, it was a competition contest to becoming an idol. Though Taemin knew about this, and thought it over for awhile before deciding to go along with the audition, Taemin could not loose the opportunity to stepping a foot in the door. 
 
"Well, best of luck to you." Lu Han bent over to stretch and touched his ankles. 
 
Heavy on his mind was you and the kissed that he shared with you. Although he knew it was wrong to kiss you, his best friend's girlfriend, he felt better now. Lu Han knowing that his feeling's for you were in fact real, made him feel better and at ease. He wasn't sure what was going to happen, or how he could even tell Kai. Lu Han was a smart man, so in fact he would figure it out soon enough. 
 
"What about your mother? Did she finally support your going to audition?" Lu Han asked. 
"Nope." Taemin sighed.
 
He took a seat on the ground and stared blankly at his reflection. 
 
"She'll probably kill me when I tell her." Taemin added.
"When do you think you'll tell her?" Lu Han asked. 
"After I get the call. If I'm in, then I'll definitely . have to tell her....if I don't....then I'd still tell her and ship myself on a plane to America." Taemin said. 
 
Lu Han chuckled at his friend and kept warming up. 
 
"I hear Kai is back for awhile." Taemin kept talking. 
"Yep." Lu Han said. 
"That's all you have to say.....is yep?" Taemin looked over at Lu Han's reflection and their eyes met. 
"He'll be here for awhile and then leave....no big deal." Lu Han said. 
 
Taemin nodded his head and ruffled his hair with his right hand. 
 
"I suppose he should be with right now." Taemin said looking away, feeling a bit sad again. 
 
Taemin promised himself not to think about you anymore. To him it was unnatural. But every once in awhile, he couldn't help it. Come to think of it, when he met that Song Joo, he was reminded of you. Though Song Joo wasn't that pretty, her confidence impressed him. If anything, Taemin liked a girl with confidence. 
 
"Taemin....would you see someone you had no business seeing?" Lu Han asked all of a sudden, drawing Taemin out of his thoughts. 
 
Taemin frowned and then shrugged his shoulders. 
 
"It depends...if she is worth it..."
"Typical Taemin..." Lu Han shook his head, knowing better then to ask him about something serious. 
"I don't know...maybe. If I like her....I guess I would." Taemin said, bringing back his thoughts to you. 
 
Just maybe if he wasn't so close to Kai and Lu Han, Taemin would definitely . date you.
 
Lu Han nodded and thought the same thing. He wanted to date you now. But, you belonged to Kai. A friend who has been good to him over the years. He couldn't just betray his friendship for a girl. Not at all. But he had already betrayed it. When he decided to kiss you, he had broken that friendship's bond. Lu Han did not know how to handle his feelings anymore. Unlike Lu Han, Taemin was beginning to understand and deal with it a lot better.