seventeen.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

Taemin was now on the rooftop with Yoona. (His 2nd love interest). She was taking in the fresh air and the view of the surrounding neighborhood's. 
 
"OOOOO so pretty..." she gazed at the blue sky's, inhaling the scent of the outdoors. 
 
She flapped her hands beside her, as if she was in the famous scene in the Titanic, and embraced the light chill that flowed around her body. Taemin smiled at the sight of her. 
 
"Is it that pretty?" Taemin, hands in his pockets, asked as he too looked at the sky. 
"Mmm. I love when there are no clouds in the sky. It means that today will be perfect." Yoona looked over at Taemin and offered him her hand. 
 
Taemin smiled and took it. Her skin was pale and soft. Yoona was different then Hae Jung. She too was pretty but not as pretty as Hae Jung. She was a free thinker that did and said whatever that was on her mind. She had no limits. Taemin felt as if Yoona was relaxing. Someone he could easily go to when he felt the pressures of his life. 
 
"That unnie of mines....she prepared lunch for you didn't she?" Yoona asked after closing her eyes for awhile. 
 
Yoona was very aware of Hae Jung's feelings for Taemin. Because of that, Yoona vowed to work twice as hard as Hae Jung to win Taemin's affection. Sure, Yoona did like Taemin. He was a handsome face with a manly attitude. Taemin however did not compare to Yoona's past boyfriends. But because of Hae Jung, Yoona felt that chasing after Taemin would be worth it. 
 
"Are you a stalker now?" Taemin joked. 
"Maybe." Yoona said, raising Taemin's eyebrows. 
"Really?" Taemin had his jaw dropped. 
 
Yoona opened her eyes and faced Taemin. She pulled her body closer to Taemin, holding onto him. 
 
"Oppa...can't you take a joke?" Yoona asked. 
 
She traced her long fingers along his chin and giggled. Taemin smiled a little and embraced Yoona in his arms. 
 
"Are you jealous?" Taemin asked. 
"Just because unnie can cook she thinks she can win your heart. But what she doesn't know is that it's going to take more then a lunch box to gain the prize." Yoona leaned in closer and pressed her lips against Taemin. 
 
Sharing a steamy kiss, on the roof top of the school building, Taemin felt happy. Yoona did in fact made Taemin feel good. Pulling from her lips Taemin smiled at her. 
 
"Is that all you got? You should eat your words Yoona. It's going to take more then that to win this prize." Taemin said implying of something a bit more heavier. 
 
Taemin at first, thought that having two girls chasing after him would be a bit fun. But lately, he's been feeling strong feelings between the two and was curious as to see which one of these girls would be fit just for him. In Taemin's world, there was nothing wrong with "playing around the field". Yoona smiled at his lips and then pushed him away. 
 
"Oppa...your such a tease." Yoona said. 
 
Taemin grabbed onto Yoona's hand and sighed. 
 
"I'm a bad guy right?" Taemin said.
 
He knew for himself that this was nothing like himself. The him before high school had been a nerdy kid who had been glad if a girl could even notice him just once. His whole demeanor changed as soon as he lost the glasses, dyed his hair and picked up dancing.
 
"It must be nice for you, to have two girls chasing after you. For me...it's gotten a bit boring." Yoona said. 
 
"Really?" Taemin asked. 
 
"Taemin oppa....you should really make up your mind soon. I won't be chasing you around forever." 
 
Taemin watched as Yoona messed around with her hair and then took out her cell phone to take a selca of herself. Taemin joined in with her, taking countless pictures of themselves together. Both doing aegyo and such. He had intended to make a decision soon. But first, he had to win back his pride and confront you once more. 
 
* *  *
 
You walked into the bathroom feeling a bit uncomfortable . It was that time of the month for you and your cramps only started to flare up at this time. You had took two pills to help and used a water fountain to help down it in your system. You prayed that this condition that you were in would not prevent you from not meeting Kai after school. As you took an empty stall to do your business, some girls had walked in after you walked in. They were both talking and laughing really loud. 
 
"You kissed Taemin?" said the first girl. 
"Why? It's not like I haven't done it before." Said the second girl. 
 
Yes. The second girl is Yoona. You recognize her uniquely scratchy voice as she and her friend talked happily. Yoona had been in a few of your last years and you were once science lab partner's with her. She did not make much effort at that time when you two had worked together. But she did make an impression on you. She had nice skin and was very pretty. Plus she was your ideal size. (The size you had often hoped to achieve when you had picked up dieting and exercising the first time.)
 
"I'm so damn jealous. I swear, only the good looking girls get all the good guys. What luck." girl one had complained.
 
"Work hard sweety. Change up your hair and make-up and you'll be fine." Yoona told her associate.
 
"Oh? D-deh..." her voice lowered. 
 
It was silence now between the two girls. You tried hard not to make any noisy actions as you continued to listen to their conversation. You were doing fine until a sharp pain carried through your abdominal area. You felt like crying out at that intense pain but you covered your mouth with both of your hands to stop yourself from making a noise. Still unaware of your existence, the two carried on their conversation.
 
"Anyway....your so lucky to be with Taemin." Girl one. 
"I know. Taemin is such a good guy. It will be too bad when I dump him." Yoona said. 
 
As Yoona said this, you felt the pain in you subside and then listen very close to where this conversation was going. You've gathered the knowledge to know that she and Taemin were seeing each other. "She's going to break-up with Taemin?" You asked yourself. 
 
"Why?" asked girl one, just as curious as you are. 
"Because....I never liked Taemin to begin with. He's just a bone to dagger at Hae Jung Unnie."
 
"Huh?" 
 
"Hae Jung unnie....when we were in middle school...she took away the one guy I liked the most. She knew very well how I felt about him. She took him and played with his heart. Ever since that day, I told myself that I wouldn't let Hae Jung unnie get away with this. So...this is my only way of getting even with her. I'm only perusing Taemin because of Hae Jung unnie. Once he dumps her, and confess his love for me, I'll cut him loose." 
 
You gasped and quickly tried to cover your mouth again. Yoona had heard it and bent over to see your legs occupied in a stall. Automatically she knew it was you. You were the only overweight girl in school. Yoona smiled to herself and walked in front of your stall. You watched, feeling on edge, as Yoona's shoes stopped right in front of your stall. Holding onto the wall's you try your best not to move an inch. 
 
"But...the way I feel about Taemin right now, he's making it hard for me to do that." Yoona said folding her arms. 
"Deh??" The second girl asked clearly confused. 
 
Yoona smirked looking at her reflection.
 
"Let's go. We can't let the piggy's know too much." Yoona said. 
 
Together Yoona and her friend left leaving you all alone. In your mind, you feel it serve's Taemin right. But it feels bittersweet. No one, at least in your mind, deserves to be treated this way.  Not Even Taemin.