thirty-six (RE-POST)

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

Kai walked into his new classroom. There were a lot of empty desk's and only 5 students sitting at one. Everyone seemed to be in their own world as Kai walked towards the teacher's desk and handed him his slip. (This was a familiar thing of him to do since he's done this plenty of times.)
 
"Jong In Kim?" The teacher asked. 
"It's just Kai man." Kai responded. 
 
The teacher slowly nodded his head and then stood up, towering over his lanky build, and started to talk.
 
"I'm not "man". I'm Mr.Green to you. Take a seat Mr.Kim." 
 
Kai, not intimidated by this man's tall size and glower, smirked and he found a seat in the very back. He looked outside the window's watching the palm tree's rustle with the wind  on this summer's day. He wanted to be anywhere but here. He wanted to be right by your side, attending class right along with you. He pictured your smiling face, sitting right next to him. He didn't want to think he was going insane so he did not speak (calling out your name)
 
"Ppang...just wait for me." Kai said in his mind. He closed his eyes until someone called him out.
 
"Ey...ey...where you from?" 
 
Kai opened his eyes to see a girl with hazel eyes looking at him. She wasn't dressed like most girls. She wore baggy clothes that was fit  for a man to wear. Her hair was down to her shoulders, curled inward, and she wore braces. She wore a hat backwards. Clearly she was a tomboy. 
 
"Huh?" Kai asked, a bit confused as to why this girl should concern herself with him. 
"Are you....Japanese? No wait....your Chinese....no....wait....."
"I'm Korean." Kai  said annoyed by her already. 
"Shoot...I was going to say that next..." She snapped her fingers and looked in the front. 
 
She sat next to him, talking to herself and the she turned back to talk to him. 
 
"I'm Nattie." 
 
Kai bowed halfway and Nattie waved awkwardly. 
 
"What's your name?" She asked. 
"It's...Kai."
"Kai...aha....so it is you...."
"Huh?" Kai asked clearly confused. 
"I saw you on YouTube...Your a dancer right? You covered an Usher song right? This was you right?" 
 
She did a small signature gesture that Kai did when he danced. Kai was shocked that someone over seas would recognize him. Kai did make dance videos in his spare time. Or more like Lay liked to make dance videos and include Taemin, Kai and Lu Han in those. 
 
"Oh...yeah." Kai said. 
"I thought it was you...I could tell from the moment you walked in. Hey, I'm a fan..." 
"A fan?" Kai smirked. 
"Of course. The way you move your body, the way you loose your self in the music, I figured there was nothing but good vibes coming from you." Nattie said. 
"Oh...yeah." Kai nodded his head. 
"But...your cuter in person....what brings you to Cali?" Nattie asked. 
 
Kai was getting ready to talk but Mr.Green butted in. 
 
"I suggest you Miss.Waters and you Mr.Kim, be quiet before I assign you both to detention." Mr.Green said. 
"Detention? What's that?" Kai asked. 
 
Nattie smirked but tried to hide it. Kai looked from Nattie to Mr.Green who had ignored him and started to teach. 
 
"What?" Kai started to ask. 
 
Nattie shushed Kai and paid attention to what the teacher  was saying. 
 
_________________________________
 
 
Lu Han had came home after his first day at school. His Jie Jie was waiting for his arrival with snacks for when he came. Lu Han ignored the snacks and grabbed his dance bag. 
 
"How was school?" Jie jie asked. 
"It was fine." Lu Han responded. 
"Just fine? It had to be more then that...how are the classes? How are the professors?" Jie jie asked. 
"It was okay. There's nothing more to say." Lu Han said. 
 
His jie jie frowned and sat down in a seat. 
 
"Guess I had gotten all excited for nothing."  His Jie jie started.
"I'm going to the studio. You don't have to worry about my dinner." Lu Han said. 
 
Jie jie stopped him from walking out of the door and grabbed onto his arm. 
 
"Wait...there was telephone call for you." 
"From who?" Lu Han asked. 
"From a Lauren. She called long distance..." 
 
The words "Lauren" cause Lu Han's heart to drop. He had not heard from Lauren all this time that he thought it was really weird for her to even call now. 
 
"...She called and sounded really sad when I told her you were not home yet." Jie jie continued. 
 
Lu Han listened intently, thinking of what to do and say at this moment. 
 
"Did she....did she say anything else?" Lu Han asked. 
 
His jie jie nodded. 
 
"She left a number for you to call. But of course you can not use this phone because it's an international call." His jie jie said. 
 
Lu Han looked at the telephone and saw the post it note beside it. If he walked over and gotten that number, he would feel like a fool to go back and talk to the girl that left him. Lu Han was really good with letting go of the past. Letting go of Lauren took awhile, but finally Lu Han was able to do it. Without saying anything, Lu Han walked out of the house, feeling angry. At the studio, Lu Han and Lay were dancing side by side to some choreography that they had came up with together. When they were finished, they sprawled out on the wooden floor heaving in big breath's. 
 
"Damn it...I need a girlfriend." Lay complained. 
 
Lu Han closed his eyes and laughed. Lay was considered "forever alone". He hasn't adequately been dating recently because he's been too busy with different activities. 
 
"You should have no problem getting that." Lu Han said. 
"True....but it's about finding the right one....(takes a big breath)...if I could only find that special girl..."
"We have forever....why fall in love now?" Lu Han said. 
"I'm always busy...I need someone to be by my side when I'm overworked." Lay said. 
 
Lu Han truly believed that Lay was a person who worked too much. He put in crazy hours, training other dances just to buy this building  that they called their own personal studio.  
 
"I'm sure you'll find her soon." Lu Han said. 
 
As he said this, the door opened, you and Taemin walked inside noisily. 
 
"Yah, leave me alone already...I already said we aren't friends!" Taemin said. 
"I won't I won't I won't I won't..." you kept repeating. 
 
Lay sat up and smiled at both of you. 
 
"Why don't you guys give it up? You both always sound like an old married couple."  Lay complained. 
"What? Not with her." Taemin frowned quickly defending himself. 
"I'm trying to make a friend here..." You told Lay. 
"It's annoying hearing you two bicker...just stop it." Lu Han sat up now. 
 
You looked at Lu Han and walked over to his side. 
 
"Hi." you said with a smile on your face. 
"Can you come some place with me later?" Lu Han asked you. 
 
Startled that Lu Han was proposing this, you nodded your head. Lay and Taemin looked on with suspicious glares. 
 
"What would he want with her?" Taemin asked. 
"Who know's...maybe Lu Han likes her." Lay said with a shrug. 
"What? I thought she and Kai were..." But Taemin had stopped and thought about himself. 
 
"Why should I care? I should not care." Taemin told himself.