sixteen.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

 "Aishhh those girls are awful. To treat you that way..." Ga Eul was really angry. 
 
"If Kai hadn't stopped me I would have..."
 
You looked at her as she applied lip gloss to her lips. She was pumping mad, swearing and spitting insults to those three girls  that had bothered you. Smiling, hearing Ga Eul being defensive for you, you hugged her. 
 
"Thanks." You said. 
"For what?" Ga Eul asked. 
"For being my friend." You aid. 
 
Ga Eul sighed and hugged you back. 
 
"Of course. I will always be your friend. That's what a good unnie does for their doengseng anyway." She said.
 
You took a piece of tissue and started to wipe away the rest of the tears that had fell. You smiled again thinking of Kai and what he did. He really did show up in the nick of time. It made you feel really warm inside. 
 
"But what made you two find me?" You felt curious.
 
"Kai insisted that we bring you for lunch. I had made too much for us to eat anyway. He and I could not eat the rest and I would have hated for it to go to waste so we came to find you." Ga Eul said. 
 
To hear about Kai thinking about you made you feel even warmer. You smiled a little and nodded your head.
 
"Sorry for ruining your lunch with Jung In-ah." You said. 
 
You were feeling apologetic. You knew how much Ga Eul had been looking forward to eating lunch with him. Ga Eul  liked Kai very much you assumed.
 
"What? You did not ruin anything. Our lunch together...I am just glad he agreed to eat with me. He was being really sweet. And I actually got to fed him." Ga Eul gushed as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She closed her eyes and excitedly squirmed.
 
"Do you like him that much?" You asked her. 
"Mmm. He's not like other guy's. He's ...special."
 
You want to feel happy for Ga Eul that she was getting somewhere with Kai. But your heart wasn't into it. There was so many emotions going through your head that you could not even think properly. You start to wonder what Kai was going to do to the girl's who had taunted you back in the classroom. You wished to yourself that you would have handled yourself better. 
 
"Come on...let's go and eat lunch. Are you hungry?" Ga Eul tugged at your arm waiting for you to come. 
 
You nodded your head once and together you two walked to the cafeteria to eat lunch. 
 
* * *
 
When lunch was over and you were heading back to your class with Ga Eul, you saw the three girls  (the bullies) walk towards you. They all had scowl's on their faces as they saw you round the corner. Ga Eul returned the look with a dirty flick of her finger. They rudely rolled there eye's and kept quiet As the three girls passed you, one by one, they shoved their shoulder's on yours making you almost loose balance. 
 
"YAH WATCH WHERE YOU WALK!" Ga Eul yelled at them. 
 
The three girls stopped in their tracks and spun around to face your heated friend. Wanting this to end, you grabbed at Ga Eul's arm and begged her to stop. The main girl who had called you a fatass smirked at you and turned around to keep walking. Her girls followed. 
 
"I hate those three...I promise if they ever..." Ga Eul started.
"Unnie, stop it. Don't cause a scene." You said to her. 
 
Ga Eul straightened her jacket and walked into classroom. Just as you were about to follow her lead, your entrance into the classroom had became blocked. Kai is standing in front of you now. His hands were in his pockets while he had a smile waiting on his face. It was easy for Kai to take your breath away just like this. With just one look at you, you feel as nervous as you felt last night from when he had walked you home. 
 
" Are you okay?" he asked you. 
 
Coming to your senses you nodded your head once. 
 
"J-Jongin-ah....thank-you." You bowed. 
 
Kai watched as you came and waited a couple of seconds before he spoke. He took a glance at you and sighed now looking else where as if he had other important things to do.
 
"If you want to thank me properly then come with me after school." he said. 
 
"Eh?" You asked surprised. 
 
Kai just smiled and touched the top of your head. Shaking his hand through your head, making your hair messy and out of place. Before you could say a word more, he walked into the classroom leaving you standing at the entrance of your home room dazed.