forty-one

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

Alright I know it's been A W H I L E since I last posted anything but now I'm back. I've been on a small vacation, brainstorming the next directions where I want to take this story. I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting. Since the kayos with the SHINee comeback and EXO's upcoming debut, I have just been steady on tumblr avoiding writing/updating. I'll still try my best to update everyday for you guy's....just sit back, relax and enjoy this chapter!!!

 

_____________________________

 

 

 

 Lu Han and you had went out for some snacks. After dance practice, you and Lu Han just decided to chill out before you both went home. You were becoming comfortable with Lu Han. The more the two of you gotten together and talked, the more you felt like you gained something with every conversation. Lu Han was a smart person. He was mature in a lot of ways. You only hoped that some of his intelligence and matureness rubbed off on you. 
 
As Lu Han invaded a store, buying the snacks, you waited in front of closed down book store, waiting for him to return. Lu Han had been right about you needing to take care of yourself and not to worry too much about Kai. Whatever battle Kai was going through with his parents did not pertain to you. Right now, you feel as if you should be focused on your next step. Which is finishing school (going to college) and find something that you want to do.
 
"Let's go back to the studio." Lu Han proclaimed as he brought out two bags worth of snacks. 
 
You didn't protest as you followed him  back to the studio silently. Both of you sat down on the tattered sofa as Lu Han pulled a small table in front of it. He took out some chips and some fruit and some really sweet foods and then pulled out some beer. 
 
"Yah...what is this?" You picked up a can and looked at it. 
"What does it look like?" Lu Han said with a cool smile. 
 
You looked over at him to see him opening the can with no problems. He took a sip, groaned in pleasure with how good it felt and then took another sip. Lu Han was at the age of drinking. You weren't just yet. 
 
"How am I suppose to drink this?" You asked quietly. 
"Just open it and drink it." Lu Han said nonchalantly and then reached for a bag of chips. 
 
You took a deep breath, knowing your parents won't approve, and opened the can. 
 
"Cheers." Lu Han held up his can, waiting for you to toast with him. You did so and some beer slapped onto your hands. 
 
You put the tip to your mouth and began to drink. The taste was awful and it felt painful going down your throat. But the feeling of drinking for the first time, felt refreshing. You look over at Lu Han, as he stared at you. He laughed when your eyes met and then looked elsewhere. His smile was enchanting.
 
"It get's better the more you drink." Lu Han said. 
"Mmm." You took another sip. It was just as staggering as the first sip but you were prepared for it. This time, it went down a little bit more better. 
 
"How often do you drink?" You asked Lu Han.
"Not often. I just like to drink when I want to forget something." he said. 
"Is there something you want to forget now?" You asked. 
"There's a lot that I want to forget. But right now...I just want to forget this one person." Lu Han said. 
 
You think about that person who Lu Han thought about often. Though you did not know the real identity of this person, you felt a bit frustrated that this someone was weighing on Lu Han's mind a lot. Clearly Lu Han was hurt. 
 
"I'm so naive...still thinking about her at this time. When she's with someone else...." Lu Han said and then took a long drag of his beer. 
"What was her name?" You asked Lu Han. 
"Lauren." Lu Han said. 
 
You could not match a face with that name. (You did not know a lot of upperclassmen/seniors at that time.) 
 
"She was....perfect. I thought that if we could make it, I wouldn't want anything else. But...like all the woman in my life....she left me. " Lu Han said. 
"All the woman?..." You asked him. 
 
Lu Han had a lot of problems. Yet he was here drinking them all away. It was like those moments when you spent nights binge eating at home. Whenever you had problems, you would eat, eat, eat. You couldn't stop. Now you wondered if Lu Han would drink until he passes out. You were not strong enough to carry him home. 
 
With each hour, Lu Han drained a can after can. You had not even gotten through your 1ST can and already Lu Han was becoming drunk. Now you worried a lot with how he would get home. Lu Han would laugh at things that weren't funny and felt like having the nerve to touch your hair saying it felt like "EYEBROW HAIR"...(though you felt your hair wasn't anything but that). Then as he went on singing to himself weird songs, he started to hug you. He would grab you into his arms so tight and start singing again. 
 
Feeling really uncomfortable you tried to unloosen his grip on you but he was really strong. He would not let go. Feeling as of now that you needed help, you felt a pair of lips hit your cheek. That's when your heart beat raced. Thinking of the unthinkable you were hoping that what he had did was not true. 
 
"Oh....your skin is so smooth...." Lu Han cooed. 
 
You looked at him as he studied your cheek. He took his right hand and slowly rubbed on it and laughed. 
 
"Wow....it's perfect...." He said. 
"Sunbae....w-w-what are you doing?" You asked. 
"I'm your sunflower right? I make you feel good right?" 
"Not like this." You said. 
"Wae??? I'm handsome right? I'm more better looking then Kai right?" Lu Han said. 
 
Seeing him this way, was cute but you could not do this. This was entirely wrong. You felt as if you were betraying Kai. 
 
"I think it's time to go..."
"But I don't want to go home...I want to stay here with you and just talk..talk talk talk talk talk talk..." 
 
He didn't stop saying it until he fell asleep right on your lap. Confused on what to do, you sat back to think. You touched your cheek, the one where he had kissed, and tried to push away some small feelings that were arising. Finally you took out your cell phone and dialed Lay's number. He said that he would bring a cab and to wait a couple of minutes. When you got off the phone Lu Han spoke. 
 
"I told you that I don't want to go home." 
 
You looked down to see his eyes still closed. You were surprised that he would still be alive after the nonsense he was talking a moment ago. 
 
"You may not want to...but I have to go home." You said to him. 
"Can't you just...stay?" He sighed. 
 
Lu Han is in pain. And it sadden's you to see him this way. Usually he keeps a hard cold image. No one really digs into his personal life and he does not make it his mission to tell the whole world about it either. But when Lu Han was around you, he seemed vulnerable in a sense. As if he could tell you anything. Your friendship with him, became closer. You did not realize when it became like that, but it just did. 
 
"Kai....Kai is a lucky bastard." Lu Han said. 
"Why?"
"Because....he could have someone to easily talk to. You don't judge other people...you speak without any judgment..." Lu Han said. 
 
His words were nice. 
 
"Really when Lauren left me...she don't know what she did to me. I shouldn't be like this. I should be stronger." Lu Han said. 
 
You smiled and touched his head, softly caressing the hair from his face. 
 
"It's okay to be weak sometimes. It's okay to cry." 
"I always feel like crying...but I can't."
"Sometimes love play's tricks on us. When we like someone, it's not certain that person will be your's." You said, speaking from experience. 
"Your right..." Lu Han smiled yet you felt something wet hit your leg. 
 
You look down to see tears darting down the side of Lu Han's eyes. He was crying. You comforted him until Lay got there. 
 
"Thanks for calling me." Lay said as soon as he picked up Lu Han.
 
Lu Han was now passed out drunk and leaning on Lay's shoulder. You had helped Lay carry Lu Han to the cab and talked to Lay afterwards. 
 
"Are you okay?" He asked. 
"Yes, I'm fine..." You said, still thinking about Lu Han kissing you on the cheek. 
"I'm sorry you had to go through this. Lu Han can get a little wild when he's drinking."
"Yeah? Well, he's just going through a tuff time." You said to him. 
 
Lay nodded. 
 
"This hyung....can't even drink properly without embarrassing himself....alright....Do you need me to drop you home?" 
"Oh...no I'll be fine. It's not to late to take the bus home. I'll see you tomorrow." You said to him. 
"Oh...okay...then...I'll leave first." Lay waved good bye and went into the cab with Lu Han.
 
You watched as they left and then turned around to go home.