twenty-one.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

 
Hate is such a bad word. It's almost forbidden. To hate is like killing your own self. The way you sobbed on the ground, letting everything out, swayed Kai. He sighed, not liking the scene, and gotten some tissue's. Taemin, safely hidden, watched as you continued to cry and cry. He saw Kai kneel in front of you and raise your head with his fingers. He took away your soaked hands that had covered your face and wiped away the tears that fell down your cheeks. You feel yourself calm down with his gentle touch as you look at up Kai. 
 
He was focused only on drying your face. New tears leaked and he wiped those too. Once you were completely quiet, Kai smiled to himself. 
 
"I'm not good with crying girls." he said to you. 
 
You noticed as he wiped away new set's of tears that were starting to fall. The way his hand awkwardly swiped against your cheeks with the tissue confirmed what he had just told you.
 
"Look at me..." you said to him feeling outside your self. 
 
At that instant, he stopped and looked directly into your soaked eyes. 
 
"Am I the kind of girl you would like?" You asked him. 
 
He did not answer at first. He wanted to gather his feelings before proceeding. Kai could see that you were in a lot of pain. When he did not speak you went on talking.
 
"I once confessed to Taemin. I told him how I felt and I don't know....I just thought that because he seemed like a good person, that he would accept me. But he....he didn't. He didn't want a girl like me." You said to him. 
 
"His lost." Kai said automatically. 
 
 
You smile at Kai's words. 
 
 
"You are so kind to me. I don't understand why...why you would even want to be friends with me." You said. 
 
Kai set down the tissue's as he talked to you honestly.
 
"Are you going to continue to dwell on the negative? Why keep yourself down after everyone has put you down? No...I don't like a girl like that. Even if you were a man, I would never want to befriend someone like that. It's burdensome. Changes don't happen when you cry about it. It doesn't happen when you hate yourself." he said. 
 
You listened to him well. Kai spoke with so much truth that it overtook you like the wind. 
 
"I wanted to hang with you today and just have some fun. And I really did. I also wanted to show you something that I had came up with." he said.
 
You were confused up until you remembered the dance. That dance that had changed your entire mood. Sensing that you knew exactly what he was talking about, he started again. 
 
"I made up that dance when I was thinking of you. I don't know why...but lately, you've kind of stuck in my brain." he said. 
 
"Me?" You asked. 
 
Kai smiled and nodded. Inside your mind, you don't know how to process this. No one had ever such words. No one ever took the time to think about you. (Well other people beside's your parents and Ga Eul sometimes.)
 
"I thought I told you, your not like all the other girls in school. Your different and I like different. So what, your not skinny. I'm okay with that. Why? Because, I know well enough that looks aren't everything. " he said thinking of the various mistreatments in his life. 
 
His words sinked into you as you sat there listening. It was nice to know that a guy as handsome as him could really treat you this well. First Lu Han and now Kai. How could such boys like those two exist in this world? You felt fortunate to have met them. 
 
"Sometimes, people aren't going to like certain things. But that doesn't mean the next person won't like the same thing. That other person just might actually like it." Kai said. 
 
His words comforted you and you were able to smile realizing that he was right. 
 
"I'm sorry..." 
 
You looked down but Kai raised your head and gazed into your eye's. Both of you stared into each other's eye's as Taemin watched on, surprised.
 
"Is Kai...falling for her?" Taemin asked himself
 
Kai had thought's running through his mind. He didn't think that he could liking a girl like you. But it seem's at this very moment you have captured his heart. The way he could not think because he was only looking at you, the way his heart was racing with every second passing by, the way his mouth hung open as he tried to find something to say but nothing came out. These signs were evident that Kai felt brand new feelings for you. Kai came to his senses and looked away quickly removing his hands from her face. 
 
"Here...let me help you up." he stood up and offered his hand. 
 
You took it and he helped you onto your two feet. 
 
"Do you know how I relieve stress?" Kai asked, finally able to think clearly. (This thought hit him all of a sudden.)
 
"How?" You asked. 
 
Kai did a small wave. 
 
"I dance." he said finishing with a smile. 
"Oh? You dance really well...You must be stressed a lot." You said to lighten this new, awkward atmosphere you were feeling. 
 
"There's no way...there's no way..." You kept saying to yourself. (Thinking of a forbidden thought that maybe Kai could possibly lik...)
 
"I could teach you..." Kai said bringing you from your thoughts.
 
"Huh?" Your jaw dropped and your eyes widened.
 
Kai smiled and came closer to you. 
 
"Dancing is an expression. If you really want to forget your troubles...you should dance." 
 
This subject was the last thing to ever cross your mind. You have never danced in your entire life and you weren't even thinking about trying now. 
 
"But...I don't even know how to dance."
"Ppang....I told you.. I'll teach you." he said. 
 
Kai was going back to being his regular kind self. Feeling you had enough of a roller coaster emotional night, you told him that it would be best if you went home. Kai did not argue about it. 
 
"Okay...then...just think about it." he said while gathering his things. 
"I will." You said to Kai. 
 
Together you and Kai walked out of the building. He was going to walk you home. As the both of you left, Taemin came out from hiding and sighed to himself. He went right in the spot where you and Kai had occupied seconds ago. He looked at his reflection and thought back to the scene of when you had confessed to him. The confusion he had at first was out of stupidity. But the awkwardness as the confession continued made him into an . This was the new person he had came to be. Taemin was not over weight and never had been in his life. But he knew very well what it was like to be an outcast. Listening to your troubles, made him remember well those day's of constant bullying and isolation. 
 
The stares, the jokes, the bullying, it all had happened to Taemin before he changed himself into the person he is now. The jerk face who pretended to be nice to the weak, but kept an ugly mask waiting underneath that friendly image he had made for himself. Taemin took one hard look in the mirror and started to dance.