fifty

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

Even though I have disappointed you guys in updating in the end, I really want to say thank-you all for reading and sticking with this story. Please look for the next saga of the FLOWER BOYS to continued featuring KRIS, Chanyeol,SUHO and Baekhyun! Thanks a lot you guys and please ENJOY the last chapter of FLOWER BOYS! 

__________________________________________________________

 

 

You stayed up all night calling Kai's cell phone. He did not answer. Because of this you were thinking that maybe it was indeed really over with Kai. You felt really bad lying to Kai saying that you kissed Luhan when it was really the other way around. But in a way you wanted to protect their friendship. By protecting Luhan, you made yourself look like the one who did it all on your own. You genuinely cared about Luhan as a person and your feelings for him did feel confusing. You would have never thought in a million years you'd run into a guy like Luhan. You felt the same way about Kai. You only see things like these in the drama's and in the movies. Two hot guys liking the same girl. 
 
You were grateful for their friendship with you. You did not want it to end because of you. Not being able to stand the fact that Kai was not picking up your phone, you decided that you should go out for a quick walk. It was late at night and your parents were sound asleep in the other room. Tip toeing quietly, you passed their room door and slipped on your shoes. You grabbed your sweater that you had left near by and walked out the door. As you closed the door behind you and turned around to go on your walk, you see Lu Han walking up to the gates of your house looking blank. He looked up at your house and then his eyes found yours as he sighed heavily. 
 
You stood there frozen, wishing Luhan wasn't standing there. Yet you can't fight the feeling that you are a bit glad he was there. You weren't prepared to meet Lu Han just yet, since you shared that kiss with him. You hadn't thought clearly on what you wanted to say to him just yet. Of course you knew what you wanted to say to Kai. But not to Luhan. Though you were unprepared, you walked in his direction and faced him. He smiled a little as you came closer. The way the city lamp hit his face, his teeth seemed to gleam even in the darkness. 
 
"Couldn't sleep?" Luhan asked. 
 
You dug your hands in your pockets and looked down. You shook your head. Out of the blue, Luhan took your hand from your pocket and held onto it. 
 
"Let's walk together." He suggested. 
 
Your mind told you to pull your hand away from his grasp. But you couldn't. His hand was so warm. His grip was tight, Luhan's hand secured your's. You responded by walking by his side holding his hand. The both of you did not talk, as you walked past a couple of houses and the near by convenience store's. Walking by Luhan's side did not feel so bad you thought. But you felt guilty as you thought about the walks you had with Kai. Those nights when he walked you home from school because he felt as if he needed to protect you. Thinking about Kai's smile as he would look down at you and pull you closer to him whenever a stranger passed by. He would naturally attach his hand to yours and say "Stay by my side." Those cute moments you missed. 
 
You looked over at Luhan and smiled, thinking of him as well. Walking by him was nice. But it could not compare. You stopped walking and said " Let's stop here." 
 
Luhan stopped and looked back at you. He did not let go of your hand. 
 
"Are you alright?" Luhan asked. 
 
You smiled to assure him and nodded your head. 
 
"Thank-you for walking with me." 
 
And as if a breeze hit you, you came to your senses. You now knew exactly what you wanted to say to Luhan. 
 
"Luhan....let's stop here." You said. 
 
Luhan looked into your eyes, knowing  very well what you meant. He slowly let go of your hand, and shyly hid his hand in his pocket. 
 
"Why did you come to meet me?" You asked him. 
 
Luhan scratched the back of his head as he looked off, a bit embarrassed. 
 
"Cause I wanted to see you." He said. 
 
His words even now made your heart beat faster. You never imagined a cute guy like himself saying those words to you. But you could not let that fact waver your heart. You have to keep going. 
 
"You like me....even though I'm with Kai?" You said. 
"Is it wrong to like someone?" Luhan asked. 
 
You too asked yourself this question back when you were a fat girl. A girl liking someone with almost everything you had. A girl with little self esteem. Luhan has never failed to remind you of what kind of person you use to be. 
 
"Why me? I'm just...."
"Should there always be a reason for someone liking another person? Can't we like that person just because we like them?" Luhan asked. 
"Well...."
"I like you. I want to see you. I wanted to be with you. Is that enough?" 
"But you and Jongin-ah.....your best friends. Shouldn't you consider his feelings?" 
"I should...but I'm too greedy." Luhan said. 
"Luhan let's stop this..."
"I know what your going to say . This is where you let me down gently now right? Ah, will you say something like "You'll always be my sunflower too..."
"I like you." You said instead. 
 
Luhan stopped talking and looked at you directly. You approached him, facing him with the most honest look on your face. 
 
"Luhan....I like you too. Can't we just say this and leave it at that?" You said. 
 
Luhan looked at you, his eyes staring directly into yours, unexpectedly trying to find the words to say. But all he wanted to do was to kiss you. Right here in this moment, he wanted to wrap you in his arms and kiss you so much. But he could not. He remembered Kai's words....
 
 
 
"You know I really liked ppang...every time I was around her...she made my heart....beat....no...not beat....sing....she was really cute. I liked everything about her. Even if she had not return my feelings when I asked her to be my girlfriend, I would have been fine knowing that we would be just friends as long as I could stay by her side...."
 
 
"I don't know why....but I too....I like you. Maybe because you really opened my eyes at first to what it was that I was blind to. You really inspired me." You said to him. 
 
Luhan did  not speak.
 
"I like you....but I can't be with you." You say to him. 
 
Luhan slowly closed his eyes and kept them closed. 
 
"I'm sorry." You said to him. 
 
Luhan did not speak anymore. When you walked away, feeling better about what you done, Luhan opened his eyes and saw you walk down the street, going back home. 
 
"It's okay . If I could just always be your sunflower....then I would be fine." Luhan said those words out loud to himself. 
 
He scratched the back of his head and smiled to himself. Feeling rejected like the many woman in his life have done, Luhan was able to laugh now.
 
* * *
 
 
 
Kai was sitting at a busy airport, waiting for the next plane to L.A. to take him back to America. He did not contact his parents or anyone on his family side. They were still bitter about the last discussion but Kai did not care. He finally thought this was the time to step up and be his own person. No more was he going to be the person being told what to do. He was going to do what he wanted to do and enjoy it. But with this new independence, Kai couldn't feel excited about this as much as he wanted to feel. Kai had thought of plans to take you back to L.A. with him. But you weren't going to come.  Kai looked at his watch, trying to not dwell on his sad thoughts of you, seeing that he would have to wait an hour before he would board his plane. 
 
He took out his cell phone to text Lay and Taemin that he was leaving already. He had left Luhan sleeping in his bed with a note telling him thanks and that he was still his friend. Kai did not call you and he figured that he could not. "Would it be too painful if I talk to her again? It would hurt me more if I pretended that everything is alright." Kai thought to himself.
 
Usually when Kai had a lot of things on his mind, he would dance it out. But since there was no time to visit the dance studio for the last time, Kai just figured he would leave for L.A. and not turn back. Though he would leave you behind, he kept telling himself that he would not ever forget you. Kai continued to look at his phone as he looked at the photo's he had snapped of the two of you together before leaving for California. The smile on both your faces made him think of that actual time when he had took the picture. It was from your first date with him. 
 
You were acting to shy to take a picture but after Kai put his arm around you, you seemed to relax. He pressed the side of his face next to yours and stretched the camera outward from the both of you. 
 
"Say Kimchiiiii" Kai said. 
 
You looked at yourself on his phone and then at Kai. You smiled a little as Kai grinned. He took the picture of you two and immediately saved it as his background wallpaper. Later on that night, he sent it to you in a picture text.
 
Kai stared at the picture and suddenly thought about deleting it. But he could not. 
 
"OPPA!" Kai heard someone yell out. 
 
Kai looked up to see you, standing over him, breathing harder. You had just rushed from a taxi to catch Kai before he left. Kai couldn't believe that you were in front of him. He did not want to see your face before he leaves. He just wanted to remember you quietly. But even if he did not want to see you, Kai's heart felt as if it could burst at this very moment. He was, on the inside, very happy to see you once more. 
 
"Ppang...."
"Oppa...." You started to say. 
 
Kai stood in front of you, waiting for you to speak. Without words, you ran into Kai and hugged him so tight. 
 
"Oppa....thank-you." You said. 
 
A few customers waiting for their plane to arrived looked on as you caused a scene with Kai. Kai didn't look the least embarrassed and embraced you in his arms, kissing the side of your face gently. His hand ran down your hair smoothly and you closed your eyes as you hugged him tighter. 
 
"Oppa...you saved me. Did you know that?" You cry into shoulder blade. 
 
Kai smiled, and shook his head. 
 
"No....I think you saved me." Kai said. 
 
You lessoned your grip on him and looked at his face. He was wearing a smile as he slowly wiped away the tears in your eyes. 
 
"Thank-you....for being my flower."  You said to him. 
"Even if we leave things like this....I'll always be your flower." Kai said. 
 
You nodded and another tear fell. Kai wanted to wipe away that tear as well but you stopped him. Instead, you took the back of your hand and wiped it yourself. Suddenly Kai had a flashback of when you wiped the milk off of your face at that bread shop and he couldn't help but smile. 
 
"I don't think I'll ever forget this ppang." Kai said to himself. 
 
__________________________________________________________
 
In the end... you and Kai remained just friends.
 
You had successfully finished high school and graduated along with Ga Eul. Afterwards you were able to pass the college entrance exam and enter in Seoul University with a major in Family Nutrition. Taking from what the 3 flower boys have all thought you, you went through the rest of your life, smiling. Though you missed being with Kai, you were able to go out in this world confident. Though you still struggled with putting on/off weight, you felt as if you were indeed the true flower. 
 
 
Kai went back to L.A. and worked hard to finish off school, enter into a small community college and was able to be featured in Music Videos and tours as a background dancer for the U.S.'s top pop stars. He would later go back to Korea and become a Choreographer for Korea's TOP STAR "SUHO" [TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT SAGA] Though he continued to date women briefly at times in America, none had ever compared to his "Ppang"
 
 
Taemin had passed the audition to become a trainee and finally told his mother. After long hours of talk, his mother agreed to let him become a trainee. 3 years later, Taemin was able to debut with a famous Hallyu Wave Star group FLASHee
 
 
[Song Joo also passed the audition and would later debut as a variety host and CF princess. She had lost a lot of weight and began secretly dating Taemin a year after he debuted.]
 
 
Luhan had quit college mid-way, being too smart for the school, and went back to China to reconcile with his mother. Thanks to you, he was able to let go of his anger and forgive his mother for all the wrong/pain she had caused him. Luhan still kept in contact with you and both of you just stayed as friends. 
 
 
Lay shut down the old dance studio and opened a brand new one where kids come in to learn various genres of Dance style. He also travels the world, bringing the art of dance to every he goes. 
 
 
Ga Eul graduated school and a year later became engaged to Sehun. Their wedding will be hosted in the Fall. 
 
 
 
This was the story about the 3 flower boys who impacted your life. Kai...The Viola. Taemin...The Rose. Luhan...the Sunflower. The Viola...who leaves a  sweet fragrance that comes and go with the seasons. The rose...a beautiful sight at first, but it's thorns are murderous and protective of it's own. The sunflower....a fiery bloom that resembles an image of the sun. It's appearances, leaves an impression of happiness and ease. For you, you will never forget...the 3 Flower boys.