five.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

"Omo, he's like an angel sent to earth. He's so cute." Girl one gushed.
 
"I wonder if he has a girlfriend. He must be like Taemin and Lu Han oppa." 
 
"They say the three of them are best friends. They grew up together."
 
"It would only be right for those three flowers to be friends." 
 
"Rumors around is that Lu Han oppa is dating that Japanese exchange student." 
 
"Nugu?(Who?) Oh....Lauren...that girl?"
 
"Mmm. She's so pretty. Compared to my boring looks, she's as pretty as Meagan Fox..." 
 
"Oh? Well her's skin is not a match with mines. When it comes to the prettiest skin, my will always win." 
 
"Aish how cocky."
 
"Anyway, I heard that they call him Kai." 
 
"Kai? Wae?"
 
"That's his stage name. Apparently he's a good dancer. I heard he's better then Taemin oppa." 
 
"No way. Taemin oppa can out dance anyone in a heartbeat."
 
"Besides, no one can upstage Lu Han oppa. He's been the winner of the Dance off for 3 straight years." 
 
"Kai is said to be more precise and clean. Besides I heard he had been a playboy before he came here."
 
"Playboy? Well it only fits a handsome image. All the flower boys are in my school. How lucky am I? My heart can't take the excitement." 
 
"I guess with the flower boys here, things will get really interesting." 
 
 
 
 
Smiling to himself, Kai could not help but over hear the conversations that were going on in the ladies room. It's not like he had meant to hear them talking about him. In fact it was by accident. As he laid down on the rooftop to rest a little, he had been near a vent where he could hear girls come in and go through the girls bathroom. Including their ridicules comments about him. 
 
"I haven't been here for a full day and already people are talking about me." Kai said out loud to himself. 
 
"Expect it playboy." Taemin said surprising him by staring down at him from the opposite position, blocking the sunlight on his face.
 
Jumping up, surprised at his sudden appearance, he calmed down as he noticed that his rumored best friends (and they really are best friends) Taemin and Lu Han had arrived. 
 
"You've came." Kai said.
 
"Is that all you've got to say to your friends on your first day?" Lu Han playfully punched his shoulder. 
 
Kai smiled and Taemin playfully punched him too. 
 
"Welcome back." Taemin mentioned, (meaning their circle)
 
"So, how is your first day so far? Have the girls fainted with just one look yet?" Lu Han asked. 
 
"Not yet. But I'm sure if I'm asking to borrow a pencil they'll cry." Kai said. 
 
"Cocky already huh?" Taemin said. 
 
"I'm just saying it's ridiculous. They come to school to learn not to make idols out of flower boys." Kai said.
 
"Are you seriously saying that?" Lu Han grinned.
 
 
 
"My father wants me to go through school with no trouble. I have to be serious this time." Kai said reminding himself of the stern look his father passed him before leaving for work this morning.
 
"Serious? Your always serious. You always gotten good grades, you always stayed focused on what was important. Your like a parent's machine." Taemin said. 
 
Kai sighed and lazily nodded his head. Lu Han placed one reassuring hand on his shoulder. 
 
"So I guess you won't be joining the dance team this year." Lu Han then said.
 
"No way. It's been three years....I've been away from dance too long." Kai said. 
 
"Arreso.....guess the Flower boys are back." Taemin said doing a wave through his body. 
 
 
That inspired Kai to stand up and play his iPod. The beat flowed through the tiny speaker  but it was loud enough for Kai to freestyle on spot. Lu Han smiled and shook his head. Taemin pushed Kai aside and started to freestyle, showing off his new skill and footwork. 
Times like this Kai missed the most. Just being with his friends, clowning around, free styling a little, being free. 
Once they were done messing around, they sat down and talked about what's been going on for the past three years. 
 
"Lu Han hyung here is sprung." Taemin grinned at him. 
"Not as hard as you are." Lu Han retorted.
"Oh....hyung, you too have someone you like?" Kai asked Taemin.
"More like someone's. He's chasing two girls." Lu Han informed.
 
"Yah it's not like that. There's just two girls right now who are fighting over me and I'm lost on who to pick." Taemin said. 
 
"Damn your really an ." Kai said. 
 
"If I'm an then hyung is whipped." Taemin retorted.
Lu Han yawned and shook his head.
 
"Whipped? I am not."  he said.
 
"Who is this Lauren anyway? I hear she's compared to Megan Fox." Kai started.
"Who said that?" Lu Han getting defensive.
"Just rumors..."
"She's better then Megan Fox." Lu Han commented
Taemin and Kai both looked at their friend and cheered. "OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!"  They were getting rowdy.
 
 
"Idiots." Lu Han said. 
"Have you asked her out yet?" Taemin asked. 
 
Lu Han kept quiet and didn't say a thing more. When it came down to him being interested in a girl, he did not like to say much. 
 
 
"Knowing him, I know he probably will soon." Kai nodded. 
 
"No worries....Hyung if you need guidance, you know I am here..." Taemin suggested.
 
"I can handle my own affairs thanks." Lu Han held up a hand to stop him from saying anything further. Listening to Taemin's love advice wasn't quite healthy.
 
"What about you...haven't you found a girl to date yet?" Taemin asked Kai. 
 
Kai smiled and nodded. He started to think of when he first came into his class room and saw the smiling Choi Ga Eul pretending to act shy. She had a cute smile and a nice figure.
 
"I saw a potential." Kai said pulling back his sleeves.
"So you really are a playboy." Lu Han joked.
"I dated some girls back at the old school...but I left them as just friends." 
"Well, you just walked into a whole new world. Girls here will do anything just to get you to date them." Taemin said. 
 
 
"Oh...I heard that girl from C-110 asked you out." Lu Han mentioned. 
"C-110? From my homeroom?" Kai asked. 
 
 
Taemin nodded his head and sighed. 
 
"It was a couple of weeks back. I was in a real dilemma then. I thought she was being nice when she gave me those chocolates....but it turned out she was confessing to me." Taemin shiver's thinking of the moment. 
 
Kai looked between his friends confused. 
 
"I don't get it. What made it so bad? Was she pretty?" Kai asked. 
"If you see her you will know." Taemin said. 
"Wow Taemin...you really really really ARE an ." Lu Han said. 
"She's in my class? What does she look like?" Kai asked. 
 
 
Then Taemin sat up straight and used his arms to express her body shape. As if he was drawing a large "o" shape with his finger's. Afterwards he busted out laughing. 
 
 
"She's a bit defenseless though...she always walks around with her head down..." Taemin said.
"My umma always told me we shouldn't always judge a girl by her looks." Lu Han said. 
"Hyung your the one to talk...Lauren is really pretty." 
"That's not why I like her. Anyone could have a pretty face." Lu Han said. 
 
As Kai heard Taemin's description of the girl who had confessed he automatically thought of creme bread girl. You had been the only over weight girl in his class that he's seen today. And when he saw you walking from the ppang shop, he did notice that you had your head kept down as you walked towards the school down the sidewalk. 
 
 
"Anyway....she had asked me why I wouldn't accept her confession. I tried hard to avoid it, but she already knew the reason without me having to say anything." Taemin said with a difficult sigh. 
 
"What did you say just exactly?" Lu Han said, not even buying that for a minute.
 
"Hyung....how would it look if I had accepted her confession? What's the use in dating someone when you can't accept that person's feelings?" Taemin said. 
 
 
Kai smiled a little, again picturing the creme filling that had been left on your face as soon as you stuffed it in your mouth. Trying to hide his smile, he put up to back of his hand to hide his smile and looked away. 
 
"See even Kai finds it ridiculous." Taemin said. 
 
"What?" Kai asked tuning back into the conversation. 
 
Lu Han shook his head and stood up. Taemin stood up to join him. 
 
 
"Anyway hyung, there's someone else I like." Taemin said. 
 
"Sure." Lu Han said. 
 
"Where are you guys going?" Kai asked his two friends.
 
"To lunch. You coming?" Lu Han asked. 
 
 
Kai stood up and joined his two friends, glad to be with them once again.