twenty-three.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

Ga Eul seemed so quiet today. She didn't talk as she much as she usually did which surprised you and Kai. Occasionally Kai would initiate conversation with her through out class, but Ga Eul would not talk as much. You were curious to know about her moody behavior. When it came to lunch, the three of you ate in the classroom. Everyone in the class watched as Kai moved his dance right in front of your's and Ga Eul  moved her's right next to your's.(Including those three girls who had bullied you from before). The girls gave scornful looks in your direction but you ignored them as Kai took out his i-Pod. 
 
Without saying anything, Kai placed the ear buds in your ear's. What was playing was Super Junior's "Mr. Simple". Kai smiled, reminding you of when the two of you went to the norabang together. Kai did a small dance that had made you laugh. (It was also the wacky dance he had done at that norabang that had made you think that Kai had no dancing talents what-so-ever.) Ga Eul studied your and Kai's expression carefully. "What has changed here?" Ga Eul asked herself. Feeling excluded, Ga Eul took out one of the plugs from your ears and stuck it in her own. She smiled and looked at Kai. 
 
"Oppa, I love this song." Ga Eul enthused. 
"Really? " Kai asked. 
"Hmm. I love Super Junior." Ga Eul said. 
"You should see her room. Her entire room is dedicated to Suju." You said to Kai. 
"Super Junior is really handsome. They have some nice dance moves in their videos too." Kai said. 
"Do you know their dances?" You asked Kai. 
"Of course. I learned it the same day they were released. I'm a fast learner." Kai said. 
"How so? Is your brain like a sponge?" You joked with Kai. 
 
Back and forth you and Kai went on and on talking about dance and different things. Ga Eul had listened. Only listened. When Kai had finally left to go and find his other friends, Ga Eul started to pester you. 
 
"Since when did you and Kai become so close?" Ga Eul asked. 
"Me and Jong-In-ah?" You asked surprised. 
"The way you two interact with each other....just last week you were too nervous to say hello. And today your....not." Ga Eul asked. 
 
Of course when you and Kai had hung out together that time, and when you revealed to him that you hated yourself and had a breakdown, you strangely felt comfortable around Kai. You had revealed something to him that you could not tell anybody. Normally, if it had been anyone else who had that type of encounter, that person would find it awkward to see that person again. But it wasn't like you were trying to make yourself comfortable. Kai just made it that way for you. It was like being free like when you were with Ga Eul. You shrugged your shoulders and drank some of your juice. 
 
"Anyway....I'm thinking about confessing to Kai soon." Ga Eul said. 
"Really?" you asked. 
"Mmm. I really like him a lot . And I want to date him." Ga Eul said. 
 
You nodded, glad that Ga Eul was making steps to gain her a boyfriend. It was something you had never succeeded in doing. 
 
"So, how are you going to do it?" You asked, feeling a bit sad all of a sudden that Kai just might date Ga Eul. 
 
It's not that you liked him like that.(Liking someone would just end in a downfall for you...or so you thought.) It's just that Kai was being a really good influence on her. He had offered to teach you to dance. And even though you haven't given him an answer yet, you felt as if you could do it. 
 
"I don't know. I was thinking of asking him when we walk home or later on tonight as we study for our exams..." 
"Oh." You said, your shoulder's sagging a bit.
 
Ga Eul noticed your expression and sighed to herself. 
 
"I don't know. I hear the doubt in your voice. Should I wait and get closer to him a little better?" Ga Eul asked you for advice. 
"Ummm, I'm not sure how things like this work...I'm not exactly experienced." You clarified to her. 
 
Ga Eul nodded her head and shook around her hair with her hands.  
 
"Aiish I'm going crazy. This isn't like me. Normally I would be able to go up to the guy and address him straight forward. But why am I so nervous?" she asked. 
 
You felt that same way when you were around Kai. He made you feel jittery, on edge. Maybe he just has that effect. 
 
"Just relax and go for it...like you told me." You tell her.
 
"I'm sure he'll pick you anyway." You said to yourself.