twenty-two.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

Lu Han had arrived at school that morning making his first stop to go and see Lauren. He went straight to her class to find her not there. Her friends had told him that they haven't seen her yet and that she might have been running late. Lu Han nodded and then slowly headed towards his classroom as girls around him continued to gush at him. Just as he turned the corner he came face to face with you. You had surprised him and you were surprised as well. 
 
"Oh...Lu Han sunbae...I'm sorry..." You bowed halfway.
"It's alright.  How are you this morning?" he asked. 
 
You looked at Lu Han and smiled a little. 
 
"I'm better." You said. 
 
Lu Han nodded and smiled. Just as Lu Han was going to for bid you good bye, you had stopped him. 
 
"Ah sunbae...can I ask you something?" You said to him. 
"Hmm? Me?" 
"Yes....your friends with Taemin right?" 
"Yes." Lu Han responded. 
 
You sighed and signaled to go somewhere a bit quiet to talk to him. Girls were starting to crowd around both of you again. Lu Han had took you the rooftop of the school and you were marveled at the sight. You never been on top of the roof before. The tree's were high and the sky was broader and bigger. Though the scene was breath taking, you tried to focus on what you needed to tell Lu Han. 
 
"What's going on?" he asked. 
"Well....I want to still express my gratitude from that day when you helped me. I think I'll forever be in your debt..."
"Don't say things like that. You'll make me feel obligated for me to make you do something..." Lu Han said a bit annoyed. 
 
The bright Lu Han that had greeted you seemed to be a bit cold. But as the sun shined behind his head, blocking the light from your eye's you can't help but smile anyway. 
 
"Anyway....it's only right if I return the favor. Though this has nothing to do with you and seeing as Taemin is your friend and all...." You stopped talking to fully gather your words.
"What is it?" he asked. 
"Well, I think Taemin is seeing this girl named Yoona. Have you heard of her? She's in my grade..."
 
Lu Han thought of a girl named Yoona but he could not match a face to go with a name. All he knew was that Taemin was seeing two girls at the same time and he was having a hard time choosing whom he wanted to be with. 
 
"The other day, I was in the ladies room when I overheard her say something about breaking up with Taemin as soon as he confess to her." You said. 
 
Lu Han nodded once and then looked at you with no expression. 
 
"And so....why are telling me this?" He asked. 
"Aren't you Taemin's friend? I thought as his friend, you should watch over him and heed the warning to him." You said. 
"And why would I do that?" Lu Han asked. 
 
Your shoulder's sagged as Lu Han' cold personality shocked you again. 
 
"Maybe you three aren't as close as you seem to be..." You started. 
"So, do you want me to tell him about it or what?" Lu Han asked. 
"I don't know. As his friend, I'd thought you'd at least show a little concern." You said to him. 
 
Lu Han was a bit taken with the tone you were using on him now. When he met you, you seemed like a weak duckling. Now it seemed you were gaining more will. 
 
"I can tell Taemin the world is falling down but he'd still ignore me and do his own thing. That's why I'm not being as "concerned" as you want me to be." Lu Han said. 
 
You sighed and nodded your head. 
 
"So he is stubborn like that. Okay...at least I tried..."
"But....didn't he reject you?" Lu Han asked anyway. 
 
You looked at your shoes and then at Lu Han with a smile as you nodded. 
 
"Then why should it matter to you is Taemin get's dumped or not? Could it be that you still like him?" Lu Han asked. 
 
Yes, there was still small feelings for Taemin in you. But those romantic feelings, that were once beautiful and heavily scented became bad thorns that you wanted to get rid of. 
 
"No. Taemin is no longer my interest. I've learned my lesson from you . Not everyone is trying to be "nice". " You said. 
 
Lu Han heard this and he couldn't help but smile. His face became a lot brighter. 
 
"Oh! You smiled..." You said happily. 
"Does my smile interests' you that much?" Lu Han asked. 
"For some reason sunbae when you smile...thing's seem a bit brighter." 
 
As you said this, the bell for homeroom began. Anxious to be on time, you wished Lu Han a good day and ran off. Lu Han watched as you leave. 
 
"My smile...use to bring pain." Lu Han thought to himself.