thirty-one

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey you guys I really appreciate your comments!! I was really shocked to see so many when I woke up yesterday after I had updated so earlyyyy!!! lol You guys have been mashing your keyboards out of joy and I really enjoy that (please do not kill your keyboards xDDD!!!) Anyway, I don't know how long I will continue this story but I am glad I wrote this!!! Thank-you for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter....
 
 
___________________________________________________
 
His pair of fist's slammed down onto the lavish coffee table. Kai didn't flinch a bit as he kept his head down and his hands behind his back. His father was scolding him really harshly. His mother was sitting to the side, silently watching on. Kai's result's from the last grading period had came in the mail and his father had gotten to them before he could even touch them. His grades were not good. Falling from A's and B's, Kai received B- and C's. These type of grades were not favorable on a college application. 
 
"Just what have you been doing all this time?" Mr.Kim scolded. 
 
The entire house was still yet Mr.Kim's deep baritone carried through out the room's. When Kai was younger, he use to be afraid of his father's aggressive and booming tone and wished to himself that he wouldn't carry that same volume of voice to shake an entire stadium. But regretfully, he had inherited the deep tone. Mr.Kim was a strong, tall man with a hand for discipline and a mind for smarts. Kai, in a way, was just like his father. However Kai was gratefully inherited the "nice and kind personality" from his mother. 
 
Mr.Kim tossed the piece of paper that were his grades on the table and sternly looked at Kai's bowed head. 
 
"Is this the type of behavior your promised your mother and I?" Mr.Kim asked.
"No aboeji." Kai said. 
"How do you expect for any ivy league college to accept you with shameful grades like this?" His father protested. 
 
Kai did not speak. 
 
"I want to know...what exactly are you doing?" Mr.Kim continued. 
 
Kai was doing a lot, just to be by your side. Aside from studying all the time, Kai spent the majority of his time with his friends and at the dance studio, practicing choreography. He was also being preoccupied while being around you. At that time before the break, he had spent many time's fooling around and not being consistent with his grades that were once in good standing's with many college's who were looking at him. 
 
"Jong-In..." His mother said. 
 
Kai looked at his mother and watched as she nodded, telling him to speak up. Kai raised his head and looked at his father. 
 
"I've been careless...I'm sorry." He bent down 90 degree's.
"You've been beyond careless. When we came back here, we had an agreement. And already your violating what we've told you to do."
"I haven't gotten into a single fight haven't I?" Kai talked back. 
"Jong-In....do not speak when I am talking. Your grades...this reflects your entire future. Not being responsible, how in the world can I hand down my business to my only son if your struggling to keep up with your studies?" 
 
Kai did not want to take his father's business. He was not fit for the suits and tie, sitting behind a desk awaiting calls from investor's, working crazy hours, being away from home almost all the time. Kai had other ambitions. He really liked dancing. Since he's been teaching you lately, he's starting to think that just maybe he could choreograph other's people's music. But his father was unaware. His father never asked Kai what he wanted to do in life. He just always pushed the thought of Kai being the successor.
 
"I don't understand....I thought you were doing well...and now....." Mr.Kim sighed and rubbed his head. 
 
Kai took one look at his father and stared at the ground, thinking of you. If he could be anywhere else then here, it would be next to you. 
 
"What are we going to do with you?" Mr.Kim complained. 
 
After much silence, and irrational thinking, Mr.Kim spoken. 
 
"Jong-In....from summer until the fall you'll be studying overseas." 
 
Kai looked up so fast, his lips parted....
 
"What?" Kai was shocked. 
"Yebo..." Mrs.Kim whined. 
"I'm going to send you oversea's for the summer term. Right now is a very critical time as your advancing to your last year. You don't have your head straight...Staying here in Korea, is not going to keep it leveled. So, I'm going to send you over sea's...You'll study for the entire summer term and then come back. It's better sending you away with stranger's  to learn." His father said. 
"Rethink about this yebo...." Kai was his mother's only son. 
 
She did not want her son going anywhere. Kai's heart dropped, knowing that his father's word was law. There was no debating it. Once it's been said, it was expected to be done. Kai could do nothing but nod his head once and issue another apology while holding back the anger he could not express. 
 
________________________________
 
You were practicing move's that you've been going through with Taemin and Kai for the past few weeks in the dance studio. You were in a happy mood because first, you were dead on, and your dancing had improved. You were still awkward at some parts, but you noted that as something to fix on later. Secondly, Kai was going to take you on your first date tonight. You did not know what the both of you were going to do but you could not wait to see him. All you seemed to think about, is the kiss you both shared at that chicken restaurant . You remembered the feel of his soft pink lips as they guided you in your first kiss. 
 
Someone as handsome as Kai, giving you your first kiss was unimaginable. Yet, the unimaginable was happening to you. You were losing weight, you were becoming prettier, Kai was your boyfriend. You can't help but think that the only way to go now is up. As you wrapped up your dance, you celebrated by doing a small dance, watching yourself in the reflection. You laughed at yourself and took a deep breath. As soon as you looked down to check the time (you were suppose to meet Kai here and it seemed as if he was running late.), the door had opened. 
 
"Jong-In-AH!!!!" You said out loud. 
 
Instead of seeing your boyfriend, there was Lu Han, holding a book bag and wearing a regular t-shirt with khaki pants and high tops. His hair was buried underneath a NIKE cap and he looked visibly tired. Surprising him, Lu Han stared at you, not moving an inch. 
 
"Oh...oh..I'm sorry..." You said. 
"Who are you?" Lu Han asked instead of accepting your apology. 
 
You frowned, a little bothered that Lu Han didn't remember you. 
 
"Sunbae...you don't remember me?" You asked. 
 
Lu Han looked you up and down and shook his head. Confused you scratched the top of your head and placed your hands on your hips. "I don't look THAT different do I?" You asked yourself. 
 
"Why would I remember you? Is there a reason I should remember?" Lu Han asked. 
 
His cold personality making a comeback. His face had no expression. He was just dead pan. His skin was paler then usual and his body was skinner. He looked a little unhealthy but you did not say anything. 
 
"Oh...no...not really..." You said looking down embarrassed. 
 
Lu Han walked past you, not continuing the conversation as he went to go and set his things away. You turned around and watch him carry on while ignoring you. Lu Han seemed different. Though he always seemed like a cold person, you could not find that Lu Han who had smiled at you as bright as the sun rays. Lay had walked in at that moment and saw Lu Han. 
 
"Oh Hyung..." Lay ran over to Lu Han and Lu Han started to stretch. 
"Where the hell have you been man? We've been wondering about you." Lay said. 
"Who is she?" Lu Han asked Lay nodding towards you. 
"Huh?" Lay looked to where you were, awkwardly standing by yourself, holding your hands together. 
"I thought you said no girlfriends were allowed here." Lu Han said. 
 
Lay smiled at you and then at Lu Han. 
 
"Hyung...she's not my girlfriend." Lay said. 
"If not...get rid of her." Lu Han said. 
 
Lay looked at you and you looked at Lu Han. He was acting really shady. You figured that something was up with him. 
 
"Hyung...it's only..."
"Lay....I'll leave, it's okay." You said getting your stuff. 
"Are you sure?" Lay asked. 
 
You put your finger to your lips, hinting at Lay to not say anything to Lu Han, and he nodded his head. Lu Han did not see as he was too busy stretching. You took one last look at Lu Han and walked out of the dance studio.