ONE.

The Flower Boys (Three Flowers)

 

You bowed your head lower as you raised your arms to present him with the box of chocolates. Closing your eyes, your hoping for the best. Your friend had finally persuaded you to confess to your senior after crushing on him since school started a year ago. After many month's of day dreaming, privately stalking him to and from classes, and thoughts and hopes of being his girlfriend, you finally agreed with your friend that it was time to make a change and confess. To prepare for the event, you bought white chocolates along with a phone chain that matches the one currently tied to your's. You had carefully wrapped the box that the chocolates came in and had hoped that he would like it. 
 
"Taemin Sunbaenim....I like you." You said loud and clear. 
 
There was complete silence. Too shy to look into his eye's, you continued to keep your head bowed with your present outreached towards him. Suddenly you feel it leave your hands and your heart beats faster. 
 
"What is this?"  That is all he asked as he shook the small box near his right ear. 
 
Finally able to get a peek at him, you seem him look at the box with a questioning expression. 
 
"Choco-chocolates." You stutter , gathering your hands together, holding onto them fearing to let go. 
 
Still not able to look him in the eye, you hear as he unravel's the wrapping and catch the satin ribbon fall to the ground on top of your sandals. You close your eyes once again, repeatedly hoping for the best. 
 
"Oh? Chocolate...." His reaction to them seemed well received. 
 
You couldn't help but smile a little as you hear the laughter in his voice. Immediately he took one and began eating one. Groaning, he looked to the ceiling and closed his eyes. 
 
"Delicious." He moaned. 
"Is it so? If you like it that much....I could give you more." You say to him. 
"Huh? Oh....would you like some?" he asked. 
"Eh?" You manage to look at him now, confused as to why he would be offering you the candy when you were plainly confessing to him. 
"You look like you might enjoy these too." He said with a smile. 
 
As soon as those words came out of his mouth you felt cold. In that one instant your heart stopped beating erratically  and your shoulder's sagged. "How could he be so harsh?" You say to yourself, trying hard to control your hurt. You would have never thought that Taemin Sunbae, the one boy you've truly ever liked to have said such offensive words. Yes, you were fat. You knew it. He clearly knew it. There was no sense in making believe that you weren't. Your cheeks became visibly red as you looked down at the ground again. Taemin sensed the awkward mood when she did not respond. 
 
With one real look at the chocolates, your dropped head, and your words from before, he had fully grasped what was going on. Just as he was about to close the box, the small phone chain you prepared had fell near his sandals. Without hesitation, you bent down and picked it up. You almost put it in your pocket but you stop yourself from doing so. You feel as if you can't give up like you've always have. So once again you present him with the chain. 
 
"Taemin sunbae....please...give me a chance." You found the strength in you to say those words. 
 
Taemin sighed and handed you back the box. 
 
"Sorry....your not my type." He had said the 5 words you most dreaded. 
 
Everything totally went blank as you were clueless as on what to do next. Breathing in small portions, you try to hide your hurt and continue to be strong. 
 
"Oh...I see." You mutter. 
 
Taemin, feeling really awkward, scratched the back of his head and started to walk off without an apology. He felt embarrassed to have been confessed from you. But before he could make it halfway down the hallway, you felt like you needed to know exactly why you weren't his type. So you tackled the most obvious reason. 
 
"Is it because I'm fat?" Your voice carried down the hall, stopping him in his track. 
 
He did not turn his back as he responded. 
 
"Mmm. I don't date girls like you. I'd be a laughing stock." He said. 
 
You could not hold it in. Now that his back was turned, you figured it was okay to cry now. A tear falls down your cheeks straight to the floor. 
 
With that being said, he walked down the hallway, passed your shocked friend who had saw everything. As he disappeared behind the hallway, you drop to your knee's...the box of chocolates sprawled on the floor. 
 
 
_________________________________________________
 

*AUTHORS NOTE

 
Okay, I understand for some this might be a sensitive topic. So I want to say I am in no WAY trying to be offensive to anyone who might feel offended about what I'll post in my future chapters. It's not like it's hardcore but what I wanted to do was imagine myself being something different and I wanted to try to put myself outside of myself, which is interesting being the story teller. I just want to say this, I don't want this story to be something perceived as something negative.