Coca leaf

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We'll depart from the airport in three hours. Do you have anything to buy or anywhere to go?" Chaeyoung asks raising his voice as the said girl is in the kitchen, making some drinks while he busies himself in the living room. The guy is packing Mina's books in boxes neatly arrange it against the wall.

 

Mina appears with hot cocoa served on a bare silver tray. He sits it on the table before she brings a cup to Chaeyoung. She hands it to the cub that is kneeling on one knee and has his right arm rests across the other. Chaeyoung looks up and stands, brushing off the imaginary dust on his hand before he takes the cup.
 

"Thanks"
 

Mina nods to the remarks and watches the guy finishing it, smiling sheepishly as he compliments her for the taste. She slowly examines his feature while Chaeyoung keeps suggesting places to go before they fly back to Seoul, not realizing the girl isn't listening at all.
 

She smiles softly at the guy before her, reclined a slim, muscular young man but have an innocent and pure babyface. A full firm lips, prominent cheekbones, and a well-defined chin and nose. His black brows are actually graceful but currently furrowed in a frown and are framed by the thick, warm auburn fridge.
 

"Mina?"
 

The latter looks up to him, and the eyes that stared back are wide almond-shaped with brown orbs---it melts into golden rays, circling an eclipse whenever the sunlight hit. But that isn't the reason she is captivated by his eyes, it's beautiful because of the words they hold within them. And she knows exactly what it says.
 

Mina closes the gap and wraps her arms around his waist. Chaeyoung left speechless and awestruck because of the sudden move. He finally brings himself to reality and smile as he places his arms around her shoulder, drawing her closer. Mina lay her head against his warm, hard chest and breathes in his smell.
 

"Hug time?" He asks in an almost inaudible voice while giving her hair a gentle fluff. She nods her head, feeling her body press in the warm and protective embrace of his.
 

What is it that holding me back?
"Let's go nowhere and, umm just..stay like this," She says. Her voice sounded smoother and softer as the words come as slowly as ever.
 

"For three hours? Standing? My legs will cry in pain" He jokes as he slowly pulls away. Staring into her before he guides her to the couch and lies on his back, taping the empty space and gestures the girl to follows. Mina does as what he instructed, facing his side as she rests her head on his chest, hand around his waist and snuggles closer. "Take a nap, I'll wake you up later" Chaeyoung raise himself and glance at the girl when he receives no response, smile as Mina already has her eyes shut. He uses his arms as a pillow while the other caressing Mina's hair.
 

"Chaeyoungie"
 

He arcs an eyebrow and hums as the girl calls out for him.
 

"I..like you. I really do"
 

Chaeyoung stop brushing her hair, for a moment his heart tells him a funny joke but he knows better, better than anyone that it just an empty word. Words we said countless times, may it to our friend or family even stranger, without any deep meaning to it.
 

"I know" Isn't it always like that.






 

*  *  *  *

The flight land an hour and a quarter after taking off. During their free time, Mina and Chaeyoung are both dedicated to their hobbies and interest, it seems like they might as well be alone for the way they put a huge amount of concentration to their work, but inside the private jet where they sit across each other, both will avert their attention once in a while to glance to the person in front of them. When their eyes met, they shared a small smile then shift their eyes back to their work; Mina with her knitting while Chaeyoung doing his assignment. 
 

The Rolls-Royce Phantom driver has been waiting for them at the airport and they finally arrived at home around nine o'clock at night. Since they have taken dinner, Mina jumps straight to the bed after she cleans herself while the cub still busy with his work and decide to continue finishing it in the library.
 

Mina can't seem to sleep, she's been tossing right and left or staring blankly as she lies on her back. She tries to shut her eyes and count on sheep but to no avail, her conscious self is taking over. It is weird how she feels really tired but when she hit the bed, her mind is wandering and her eyes are wide open. She stares at the empty space next to her, and rubs her hand along the pillow and then to the soft mattress. Mina roams her eyes around the room, it's not completely dark as the soft glow from the bedside lamp lightens the space. She prefers it that way, for some reason, eerie darkness terrified her. After a few minutes, she sits on the edge of the bed and picks her pillow and blanket before she waddles to the library.
.
.
.
.
.

"Chaengie"
 

Chaeyoung is sitting on a couch with a mini table in front of him that holds his books and laptop. He looks up when he heard Mina's voice and witnesses the brunette waddling closer to him, a duvet pinned around her, dragging it as she walks with a pillow in her arms. "Do you need anything?" He asks as the girl settle down beside him, resting her head on his shoulder. Instead of answering, she hugs his arm and intertwines their hands. Strange enough, just like that she drifts off to dreamland.
 

Chaeyoung flashes a warm smile and tucks her hair behind her ear. He takes a moment to admire her beauty before diverting his attention back to his work; the night will be long for him as he typed only using one hand since he can't move his other arm as it occupied by the sleeping penguin.
 

He's done with his work when it's already past midnight. He sighs when his hands are numb, not to mention the low back pain from sitting too long and in the same position as he is afraid to wake the girl, he limits his movement. Chaeyoung scoops up the sleeping penguin and carries her to the bed, lay her down gently before he places himself beside her. He notices how the girl is uncomfortable when he turns off the bedside lamp, hence he let it be. He gathers the penguin in his arms, hugging her from behind while softly rubs her bump.
 

"I wish your dreams filled with love, peace, comforts....and thoughts of me" He lifts his head and leans down as he lightly kisses her eyes "Good night, my favourite person" He smiles and soon falls asleep.








 

*  *  *  *

Next morning, it's now seven a.m sharp. Irene stands before the front door that is metallic and opened with both a keypad and biometric scanner. A shock expression painted on her face when she enters the house as the first thing she sees is Chaeyoung running around in the living room, looking as he is in a rush. 
 

"Are you...late for something?" She asks while the guy attempting to ties his necktie and just learn to knows that she is there. Chaeyoung takes a quick look and smile as he greets her.
 

"Yeah, Haha I have a presentation today and I woke up late"
 

Irene put her handbag on the couch and walk closer to the guy as he seems frustrated when his necktie ain't cooperate. "Let me help you" Without waiting for a response, she takes the necktie and tiptoe as she places it around his neck. She then pulls one side longer than the other while folding and looping pieces together as the tie is tied. "For someone who has been to numerous event, it's surprising Chaeyoung-sii, for you not knowing how to tie a tie"
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter