Third Promise

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is November 9, Yeah someone's birthday. So, here we are celebrating it just us, we don't make like a big party but just a simple dinner and a cake of course. Definitely, Dahyun is here bringing a bouquet of flower with him for her fiance, while Tzuyu refuses to come saying he's busy but my mom successfully kidnaps him and bring him here. Serve him right. After I heard what he had done and said to Sana unnie, I'm a pissed penguin. I mean, he just stole a kiss without her permission and it's not right. I like Tzuyu, it's not like I hate him but he's just so complicated and it's hard to read his expression, he somehow has the same personality like me, so I'm sure he's hiding something...his feelings?

All of us sitting at the dining table having our dinner with Sana unnie and Tzuyu sits across each other while I'm sitting on Sana unnie's left, in the middle of her and my mom. Thank goodness, Hyun is here to light up the mood, he's been talking nonstop with my parents. Then there's me, a living statue, I really can't with these couples. The one is raising while the other one doomed. I notice Tzuyu keep stealing glances at Sana unnie and she's able to appear completely emotionless. That's what everyone will see. Little did you know, she's trembling inside, maybe she wants to cry. And how do I know? Because I'm holding her hand just below the table to comfort her.

When Tzuyu just about to say something and I'm paying attention at him because after three hours he's finally going to open his mouth....but get interrupted when the bell ring. Geez.

"Who is it? Do you invite someone honey?" Mrs Myoui asks her husband which he responded by shaking his head.

"I'll get it, mother," Tzuyu says standing up from the dining table.

I'm not interested in who is it, so I just continue eating my food.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"H-hyung"

I lift my head as soon as Tzuyu's words reach my ear.

Hyung? Hyung. Wait Chaengie?

I avert my eyes to Tzuyu who's coming back and the guy standing behind him. Tzuyu moves to the right, revealing Chaengie smiling at us wearing a dark green shirt and black khaki pants.

I blink a few times making sure it's not a stupid dream or my stupid imagination. I could feel my heartbeat fast and my breathing becomes heavier just then I realize it really him. My parents are shocked by the sudden appearance. I mean who wouldn't? After almost a year, without any news from him but now he's here just like that. They hug each other and he congrats to Hyun and gives Momo unnie her present.Β  I still eyeing him until now from the moment he comes in. He meets my eyes and greets me like he's normally done. I'm upset.

"Hey, Mina~" He walks closer, stands behind the chair I sit on and slowly wrapping her arms around my neck, resting his chin on my left shoulder. I don't answer him but just fixing myself and eats my food. He awkwardly laughs then sits beside Tzuyu while my mom serves him a meal.

"So, what's with the weird beard?" Tzuyu asks. Although I'm not looking at him at the moment, I noticed that. Why doesn't he shave it? Is there no one taking care of him? Judging by his look, he gets more skinner. Does he eat well?

"I'm just a bit busy. Besides, I'll shave it tomorrow" He replies.

Are you that busy?! Until you forgot how to send messages?! To take care of yourself? Is it work that keep you busy or something else?!

I realized he's not eating but stare at me the whole time until I finished my food and walk upstairs.

"She means well" I could hear you dad.

"No, she doesn't" He sigh.

I heard mom telling him to chase after me, and he apologizes before start to calls me. I don't stop and slam my bedroom door right in front of his face. I don't know why we keep getting into fights lately, although it never stay long and I know this one is not an exception. I'm standing leaning against the door, breathing out a heavy sigh. Before I get to my bed there's a card sliding below the small gap between the floor and my bedroom door. I take it where it says, 'Hug time? T. T"

I could feel the corner of my mouth slide upwards, not responding I let myself fall and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter