The Psychiatrist

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What happened?" Sana looks over her little sister, sitting on the passenger seat. She averts her eyes to the main road and asks the same question again but Mina wouldn't even budge.

Β 

The latter sit there the whole ride staring out the window. It's weird how it can make her forget a lot of things. She barely thought of her long lost boyfriend---Where he is? What is he doing? Did he eat well? and most importantly how badly she misses the guy, his presence. She barely thought about the baby inside of her womb, is the baby healthy? How many months is her in pregnancy? She hasn't thought about the baby name yet, hasn't bought the baby clothes, hasn't ready to carry the weight of a mother. She barely thought of what just occurred a few hours ago. Every time something like that popped out into her head all she has to do is stare out the window, feeling the breeze past her.
Β 

The only thought that stuck is the one at home. Him.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Mina?"
Β 

Sana touches the younger's shoulder, taking a quick glance at her. The latter flinch and shove her sister away. Realizing what she has done, she hides her face with her long red hair while hanging her head low. "Sorry, I wasn't mean to," She says guiltily.
Β 

"It's okay. I'm the one who should say sorry. You must be startled" Sana smiles warmly before fixing her eyes back on the road.
Β 

Truthfully, she's surprised with Mina defensive act but she knows where it comes from. Mina basically telling her to back off. Maybe she needs more time, don't want her space invaded and Sana respects that. She just wants the best for her little sister and helps her in any possible way. Mina has been always an introverted kid. Though they grew up together, though she is her sister, though she already sees and meets all Mina personality, behaviour, liking even predict what Mina is thinking. Sana can't help but to thinks if Mina actually hides something from her, from their family, from everyone.
Β 

The bond between the three sisters is unbreakable, they knew everything about the other really well. But when it comes, to personal lives, Mina is a stranger. She never shares her story, never show her emotions, never tell them how she feels in particular things, never tell them if she faces a problem or if she's sick. Even when she suddenly introduced Jeongyeon as her boyfriend, her parents didn't know she actually in a relationship which caused confusion in the family back then. The sisters knew it only from Chaeyoung and not her. The girl prefers to keep things to herself. And Sana notices it, all these years but decides not to force the girl since that is who Mina is.
Β 

Although Sana tries to be an understanding sister, she couldn't stop to wonder...
Β 

That unknown story and secrets of her little sister.








Β 

*Β  *Β  *Β  *

"Anyway, how's your feeling? Jihyo introduced me to a psychiatrist. I've talked to her and she's willing to help" Sana starts after taking a sip of her drink. They are having lunch, sitting across each other. Mina raises her head and smiles weakly, not saying a word but just continues finishing her food.
Β 

Sana let out a sigh and recalls how Mina suddenly calls her in the morning, It seems to her that she could feel her heart breaks as Mina whispered the words to her.
Β 

"Unnie...something wrong with me...help me please..."
Β 

She froze in her tracks before she could understand the meaning behind it, telling the girl to wait and she'll fetch her up. And that's how the ends up together. She decides to set an appointment for Mina with psychiatrist since Mina finally agreed to work and let them figure out what is wrong.
Β 

Their lunch interrupted when Sana's phone rings. She looks at the caller then to Mina and back to the caller again. "Washroom, real quick" She mutters and tries to leave the scene with her phone but Mina stops her "Unnie, don't answer him" Her voice is firm as she eyed her sister. Sana sits back on the chair, breaking their eye contact. She wouldn't lie that Mina can scare her when she's acting differently, more so whenever the girl mad since it's rare to see her in that state.
Β 

"But, he's been calling for.." Sana looks up to her phone and continues "...24 times...wait, 24!?" Even herself surprised by the total missed calls from Chaeyoung. "Did you both fight? Did he do something inappropriate? Why are you ignoring him by the way? He's been texting me asking your whereabouts." She bombards the latter with questions but none of it receives an answer. She sighs in frustration when Mina just turns a deaf ear to her. Stubborn She thought.
Β 

They reach a private hospital and Sana helps the girl to walk since for some reason she looks unstable and unfocused, maybe because of her pregnancy or maybe something else. She shrugs the thought of confronting the girl about her condition knowing she'll get nothing. "The psychiatrist is a girl just so you don't feel uncomfortable and Jihyo said she just came back from America two days ago. An expert she is" Sana says as they head to the specific office.
Β 

"Here we are, wait here first. I'll go inside" Mina nods at her sister statement and wait outside. She's playing with her fingers, nervous and insecure to actually meet a new person and trust them enough to tell her story in the hopes of correcting herself. But she knows, she has to, if not then both Chaeyoung and her will suffer continuous pain and hurting.
Β 

Five minutes past and she stands when Sana appear and gesture her to go inside the room, she takes a deep breath but her feet won't move "U-unnie, I can't do this. Let's go back home" She suddenly pleads and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter