Punished

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moon takes his place to illuminate the darkness guiding them through the night and silence surrounds them like stars in a freckled night sky.
Β 

Both laying on each side of the bed, he's on left, while she's on the right separated by Snowball in the middle of them and now Chaeyoung regret to actually buys it in the first place.
Β 

He has his left hand rest on his stomach, glancing towards his side once in a while. Though he can't see her because of the stuffed toys, knowing that she is on the other side makes him happy. No one has spoken a word, but enjoyed the warmth of companionship incessantly as they lay on their backs.
Β 

"Aren't you curious?" Mina whisper but loud enough for him to hear her. She still contemplating to jump into the topic, realizing that it will lead to a stressful conversation.
Β 

Chaeyoung smile and turns his head facing the ceiling "I am..but I don't want to push it, I'm just waiting for you to start"
Β 

Mina sigh and turns over towards him, she pulls her hand, bringing it up to the teddy bear's belly. "I'm cold," She says, opening her palm. The cub smile exposing his dimple then follows her position. He reaches for her hand and grasps it warmly, fingers are tangle with each other.
Β 

And just like that, they fall back into silence. Mina plays with their hands squeezing, tapping and pinch his finger earning a soft chuckle from him. When she finds the right time, she grabs his wrist and lightly brushing her thumb on the back of his hand. It is a stab of panic to him, startled, Chaeyoung tries to pull away but Mina's grab tighten.
Β 

"Where did you get this from? What happened?"
Β 

He closes his eyes, after all his fears come into reality. He never expected that there will be a time where they'll talk about it or even thought of her finding it out. It takes painfully some time for him to form something or create an excuse to avoid whatever the conversation will lead to.
Β 

"It's...I--"
Β 

"Don't lie to me, please" Mina cut off, hoping that he'll be honest. For her, there are no such things as a secret, personal lives or space between them. They always open up and rely on each other, but that's before everything changed and now it feels like he becomes distant, unfamiliar.
Β 

She just wanted to gain a better understanding of him but his reply shatter all of her expectation.
Β 

"Can we not talk about it?"
Β 

She takes a moment to process his words since she's convinced that he'll tell her and finally they will talk freely and share a deep conversation but no, it's the opposite. The girl slowly releases her hand, disappointed. "Yeah...You don't have to answer me" but I wish you would. She turns around, facing away from him and forces herself to sleep as she covers herself with the duvet.
Β 

Chaeyoung doesn't regret what he said, in fact, it's for the better. There's no use or point to dig the past, especially in this crucial time. It will just remind him of the promise he fails to keep, the pain they have been through and they'll end up feeling the same way- miserable.
Β 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter