Autumn Breeze

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina smile upon seeing the cub begin eating the cheesecake, sloppily. She has come and visits him in the afternoon along with the desert. And maybe it caused to him, that using a fork with his left hand to eat is uncomfortable and pretty hard for someone who is right-handed. She takes tissues out of her handbag and leans closer to him, wiping his mouth. Chaeyoung just freezes and let her do the works, realizing that he might be too happy that he forgot his manners. He automatically looks away as to avoid Mina's captivating eyes, feeling the sudden heat seared through his cheeks.
Β 

Mina pulls away and chuckles. "Looks like I've got a kid to take care off"
Β 

Chaeyoung just smiles sheepishly and proceed to eat but this time, slowly and carefully. He stares into the blank space as both of them fall into a comfortable silence. He still tries to calm his pounding heart. Starting to doubt his ability to control his emotion and act like how he used to when they're still best friends. It looks like all the happy, confidence, coolness facade slowly falling apart, revealing the true him. A sad, insecure and pitiful guy who's deeply in love with his best friend. And that fact terrified him.
Β 

Chaeyoung keeps thinking about it, pressing his lips together as the anxiety takes over him. Soon after, he feels a poke on his cheeks, cutting his train of thought. He snaps his head to the side and witnesses Mina giggling while she is smiling. Her voice so much ear-pleasing, no one can describe.
Β 

"That dimple is so visible. What's with the frown?" She jokes smiling at him. Chaeyoung involuntarily let out a small laugh, his eyes twinkled. I can't believe how hard I've fallen for you.
Β 

"Yah! Why aren't you answering?"
Β 

"Nothing" He shakes his head and sighs silently "I'm just thinking about something beautiful" Their eyes meet and a smile crosses his face, a sad smile. Though Mina can read him, she decides not to ask about it. For once, she wants happiness. She already decides to stay and learn by herself that she can never leave him, so she'll try and put an effort for them to have their own happy ending.
Β 

Mina ignores the urge to question about that forced expression of him and remain her smile. "How's your feeling? You'll discharge from the hospital tomorrow. Do you wanna go somewhere? Or eat anything?" She asks, lifting up the mood.
Β 

Chaeyoung raises his chin as to think of something when suddenly he forms a bright smile, staring at Mina with sparkled eyes. "Can I taste your cook? Wait, no, you can't move too m---"
Β 

"Alright" Mina cut off. "I'll prepare lunch for you, oh! By the way, Tzuyu said he'll pick you up tomorrow morning. Looks like he has something to say." Chaeyoung subtly nods at the remarks, not really paying attention since his mind are clouded by the idea that Mina will cook for him. To Chaeyoung, that's the very first time, she offers such things and he can't hide his yearning for tomorrow
Β 

"Wanna go for a stroll?" Mina asks as Chaeyoung finish eating. He flashes a smile and nods at her before jump off his bed and drags his IV poles along. Mina goes towards his left side, locking their arms as they make a beeline to the hospital park.
Β 

"I'll get some drink, wait here kay" Mina leaves the scene as soon as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter