Doughnut

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung rushes home while occasionally checking his wristwatch. His feet stop with sudden realization wash over him. He turns around, panting whilst his eyes searches for someone but there's nothing except the pure black of night.
 

"The scarf...I lend it......" He trails off, talking to himself. He bites his lower lips while sighing. I'll just ask for it tomorrow morning, that will be fine. He sigh and takes a step before he stops again. His eyes roams the path and his surrounding, it seems familiar. A smiles creeps on his face  when he sees a specific bungalow. It's where Chaeyoung and his brothers' lived together. He thought, Irene's house must be near his neighborhood. He takes note of it and continue rushing home.

 

As soon as Chaeyoung arrives, he spots Mina sleeping soundly on the couch. Sighing, he walks closer and sits on the floor. "Are you waiting for me?" He half-whisper, smiling sheepishly as he tucks Mina's hair behind her ear. He brings his hand to hold hers then soon realize Mina's right hand occupied by a fork. He raises his brows and glances towards the empty plate on the table. He chuckles and laughs foolishly at his own wishful thinking. "Nope, you're waiting for the doughnut"
 

Guilty twisted his features as he stares at the box beside him. He sighs and thinks about whether to wake the girl or not. A smile crosses his face when she heard the penguin's little snore. Maybe she's tired He decides not to disturb her sleep and proceed to carry her to her room. He lay her gently on the bed then pulls the blanket up to her chin, making sure she's warm and comfortable.
 

He sits on the floor and holds the girl's right hand. Hesitantly, he kisses it, barely even touch her skin. It's more like his lips brushing against the back of her hand. "Good night" He watches her sleep and takes a second to gaze at her, smiles contentedly and then off to sleep, head resting on his arms. His usual position at the moment.





 

*  *  *  *

Chaeyoung awakens by his phone alarm, he jumps a little and quickly turns it off. Sighing in relief when Mina still in dreamland. He tiptoeing as he walks himself out of the room and slowly shut the door behind him. He fishes his phone and order from Big Apple Bagels for delivery. "Topped with chocolate glaze" He mumbles as he searches for the specific doughnut that the girl wanted and also some other kind, just in case.

 

While waiting for the delivery, he dashes to the nearest chocolate store and buys a Belgian chocolate box that provides an assortment of milk and white chocolate in an elegant gold box with a bow on top. Suit her well he thought before thanking the clerk. He also buys a bouquet of red roses. He runs back home not minding the weird look people thrown at him. Who would have thought, a guy running like a maniac with his still morning hair and wearing slippers?

 

He's faster than the delivery man by a minute, he thanks him and give him a tip for his services. Thankfully, Mina is still in deep slumber when he peeks inside the room. He starts to prepare breakfast and put the bagels on a plate. Working silently in the kitchen and have that satisfied smile when he's done. The clock hand point at quarter past seven. Chaeyoung brows connected as he stands outside the house waiting for Irene. She's late. This's the first time He talks to himself, no he's not complaining but finds it a bit odd and also he needs the scarf back.
 

Just then, he receives messages from the maid, informing him that she couldn't come today due to some personal reasons. He worriedly asks if she's sick and offers to bring her to the hospital if she really did, a friendly act, he thought. Irene assures him that she's totally fine and thank him for the offer. She ends the call after apologizing for her absence.

 

Chaeyoung let out a deep sigh and call his professor, asking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter