Last Candle

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Jeongyeon stay in the hospital taking care of Mina. He calls the doctor when he notices the girl is trembling in her sleep and also running a fever. Her symptoms shown that she's getting flu since her immune systems are suppressed. The flu comes on quickly and the symptoms are more severe than with a cold. The doctor recommends rest and shot plenty of fluids, along with antiviral medication to shorten the span of the symptoms and prevent serious complications.
Β 

He turns around when the doctors take Mina's blood for a test to evaluate a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, or confirm that her pregnancy is progressing healthily. After they leave, he sits on the chair staring at Mina's sleeping face. Her brows furrow as she keeps mumbling something. To him, it looks like she has a nightmare. He leans closer, his thumb caress gently Mina's brows hoping that it helps in some way.
Β 

Mina wakes up and it's 2 am, she feels thirsty as she keeps coughing. She tries to move her left hand but couldn't. She turns her head to the other side and notices Jeongyeon sitting on the chair while his head on the bed. He falls asleep while holding the latter's hand. Mina smiles softly as she Jeongyeon's hair. The moments of insecurity rush through her when she again thought about telling the truth but somehow his reassurance makes her realize it doesn't really matter.









Β 

*Β  *Β  *Β  *

Mr Son flight back to Korea when he heard everything from his oldest son. He's worried for Chaeyoung and Mina. Never he thought that something like that will happens to them considering how close they are as a friend. This times he's going to stay a bit longer and pay more attention to his sons. Maybe it's also his fault for leaving them too long and only focus on his company.
Β 

He calls Mr Myoui and they meet at the park. It's almost sunset, they sit on each side of the long wooden bench. The scene is very familiar to them, watching kids playing in the playground. Maybe they finally can be real for the first time, and stop pretending.
Β 

"I'm sorry for Chae's wrongdoings" Mr Son breaks the silence itself that can be unnerving. A ghostly slice or emptiness can be eerie. Or perhaps the calm after a tornado surrounded by the visual display of destruction.
Β 

"Like father, like son huh?" Mr Myoui scoff under his breath but loud enough for the other to hear him. Mr Son closes his eyes in an attempt to hold his anger that building up. He doesn't want to start a fight, not at this age. They are old enough to bicker and shout at each other. But that mindset doesn't stay as long as he loses his temper when his old friend keeps digging the past.
Β 

"But it was you! You left h--" He doesn't finish his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter