Perforce 🥀

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

• Chapter 50 •

 

Previously,


 

Mina smile and turn her head, facing the front. "I know, Unnie. Heavy bleeding in the first trimester and now in the second. As someone who is born premature, I already have poor health" She breathed out and caress her bump.
 

"I'm not going to survive the labour, Right?"


 

• Chapter 51 •
 

Jihyo's aunt, Miss Elly sigh as she positioned herself more comfortably on the chair "Maybe" She says with a wan expression. Since they already in the talk, she decides to tell Mina everything than postpone it.
 

"Mina, do you know how worse is your condition right now?" The said girl look up and subtly shakes her head "You develop severe anaemia, having Bradycardia which is low heart rate results in the inefficient supply of blood to your organs, especially brain. Aside from that, heavy bleeding in the second trimester caused by Placental abruption that endangers both you and the baby. You could suffer failure kidneys or other organs resulting from significant blood loss, while it could lead to premature birth and severe disabilities to the baby. I'm shocked that you didn't miscarriage and survives this" Miss Elly continues while Mina only quietly listening without making interruption.
 

"What I'm afraid of is the excessive bleeding, Postpartum haemorrhaging during a l delivery that could lead to maternal death (death of either a pregnant woman or death of a woman within 42 days of delivery)" Hearing that Mina hang her head as she fidgets her fingers. Miss Elly glances over Mina's bump and holds the girl's hand, again she's half-smiling.
 

"This can be avoided if you have immediate C-section (Cesarean birth). But, brain damage and health problem can occured to the baby"

Mina's brows wrinkle upon registering the meaning of her situation. That someone will hurt either by normal delivery or surgery.
 

"How about taking the Cesarean a consideration since the chance for your child to develop a health problem is fifty percent while l delivery have a higher risk for you not to survive. So, we can prepares when the time comes" She suggests.
 

Mina bites her lips, a smile graced her features as she closes her eyes. An image of a kid laughing as she runs around the backyard crossed her mind. "I'm not just a woman Unnie, but a mother. Now, I truly understand the saying that said the love of a mother to her child is unconditional." She mutters in a barely audible voice.
 

"I don't want my daughter to live her life in agony. Let me take the risk, whatever happened during the labour, I'll accept that as fate." Her eyes shift to her bump again and it became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. As she blinks, they drip from her eyelids and slides down her cheeks. No, she isn't sad or afraid because of the possibility that she might pass away during the labour. But, she's sad to the fact that there is a possibility that she can't even get to see her daughter and hold her in her arms, afraid to leave Chaeyoung alone.
 

Miss Elly put her hand softly on the shoulder of the girl as a token of her sympathy, her heart sink in the deepest ocean as she watches Mina "Your parents and Chaeyoung, they need to know"
 

"Keep it a secret for me, please. I'll do the talk." Mina glance at the doctor and smile assuringly.
 

Miss Elly nods and digs a folded yellow paper from her coat and a black pen. "Since you are still under 34 weeks and only a small part of the placenta has broken away from the womb you will be monitored closely, We will do specialized treatment strategies, a few more checkup later and you'll need a blood transfusion," She noted while reading what is written on the page. "Anyway, this is a nonsense question, but do you take drugs?"
 

Mina glances upward, pursed but slightly open and loose. Her eyes wandering before she vigorously shakes her head. Miss Elly narrows her eyes before she brings it back to the paper then to Mina. "Then, how come there's s in your urine test?" She asks while Mina leaves dumbfounded.
 

"That bring life-threatening to the baby and you yourself. Might be the reason for you to have a Placental abruption." She sighs when Mina shows no sign that she knows about the drug usage or even aware of its existence "I'll provide you with a nutritionist, and she'll guide you on matters of food. Please tell her about everything you consumed including your medication. Maybe the come from what you eat or your medicine or sabotage?" She ends the words unsurely and stares at Mina, they make eye contact and as if she could read the latter's mind, the younger is exhausted. She smiles and taps Mina's hands "Well, we'll talk about it later, you must be hung----" Her sentence are cut off when someone breaks through the door, making both the girl flinch from the loud noise.
 

They both stare at the guy who's bathing in his own sweat, breathing rapidly as he rests an arm on the door panel. Tersely, his eyes flicker to Mina, examine the girl as he gathers his courage and walks closer. Miss Elly take a step backwards and said, "I'll take my leave" She escapes the awkward and tense aura. Glaring at the guy when they path crossed, "Better explain yourself" She whispers then leaves.
 

Chaeyoung swallows stone feeling the hard surface tracing his throat. He sits on the chair, sighing when Mina refuses to look at him as if he doesn't exist. "Why--" he starts, breaking the suffocating atmosphere "Why didn't you tell me?" He holds himself as the heaviness in his chest build up and the sadness in his brain registered.
 

Mina presses a button on the control bad, letting herself lying comfortably as she brings the blanket to her chest. She shut her eyes, completely ignoring the guy as she decides to sleep the leftover pain, fatigue, and dizziness. "I did." She mutters with closed eyes when the guy keeps pestering her. "I'm tired, Chaeyoungie" Her weak voice hint half plead, half madness while Chaeyoung left hanging in the air as he watches her slowly drifting to sleep.
 

Chaeyoung sigh while he scoots closer, reaching for her frailty hands. He intertwined their hands and softly rubs the back of her palm to his cheeks while staring at her face; how it resembles white sheet, the crack on her lips, the worried line on her forehead, it looks as if she's not even at ease in her sleep. It's that time Chaeyoung realizes how vulnerable she is and how much of a toll the sickness has taken. And how much of a failure he is.
 

Chaeyoung rings Mina's parents and alarms them about the latter's condition, knowing fully well that he'll definitely receive a harsh scold or better a punch. He just hoped that they still give him a second chance or maybe not, maybe for Mina's sake, she better lives with her parents and the guy has no problem with it if it's for the girl's safety. He turns his head and faces the door when he heard footsteps, soon revealing a group of nurses.
 

Some of the nurses work on putting an oxygen mask on Mina and hook her up to a cardiac monitor, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter