Strawberry Pie

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ring
 

Ring
 

I open my eyes from the restless nap, a failed attempt to divert my attention from this pain. I groan and change my position on the bed, laying on my stomach. The ninja seems to have fun stabbing my inner wall and violently ripping my abdomen. The ringing sounds linger, adding pain to my nausea and headache. I bury my head on my soft pillow whilst my hand flopped to the bedside table, searching for my phone.
 

"Hello" I uttered, completely uninterested.
 

[Mina!! Let's go to the cinema Fantastic Beast just come out]
 

That's my Cub chirping excitedly. I can imagine his wide grin behind the phone but I guess, it won't stay any longer. I sigh, the sudden guilt arises and sits on my chest "I want to but I can't" I murmur.
 

[Huh?]
 

"My bloody ninja come to visit for this month. My stomach hurts really bad"
 

[But it's a big hit movie. You'll like it!]
 

"You can call Tzuyu to accompany you and tell me about it later"
 

[Why would I go with him? I wanted to go with you. 'Cmon It'll be epic, you're a Potterhead aren't you]
 

"I am really not well, Chaeng-ah~" I plead cutely, dragging my soft voice to a whisper, hoping he will understand and let me go, like how he usually does.
 

[Alright. Bye]
 

"By----"
 

My brow arc to the beeping sound. He ends the call, even before I finish my sentence. Now, he's sulking. I shrug and place the phone back, I'll just make up to him later. Urrg I hate this thing, sometimes I hope I'm born as a man whenever this serial killer attacked. I change my position again, tossing left and right before finally curling into a ball with hands wrapping around my stomach. Soon, the ninja has taken some time for rest. I breath out slowly, it seems like forcing myself to sleep ain't working at all, hence I find myself roaming my eyes around.
 

My room is pretty simple, too spacious for my liking but that's fine. It mostly coloured in sky-blue and white with beautiful murals on the wall, hand-painted by the Cub himself; a dancing ballerina in a pink tutu and a tree with every colour of spring leaf imaginable. Over the headboard and some on my bedside table, smiled black and white photographs of myself as a child with my family, the Son's, of course, a bunch of pictures with my best friend.
 

I'm just about to fall asleep when there's a tap on my door, trying to ignore it but then it followed by a rhythmic knock. The only one who did that is none other than the Cub. Confused, I open the door then there he is in a black and red flannel tucked in his ripped jeans, holding a plastic bag. He gives me that boring look before he pushes me aside and walks himself in. I hum and close the door, trailing him.
 

"Chaeyoungie, how about the movie? I thought--"
 

"Here, didn't feel like going alone" He puts the plastic bag on my desk before he turns around to face me."Ginger tea, some fruits and--"
 

"Chocolate?" I cut in while squealing hard.
 

"Yup"
 

I rush towards my desk, taking out the chocolate and eat it right away. "Thanks, buddy" I smiled. He nods then sits on my bed watching me finishing all the things he had bought for me. Though my attention is fully on this snack, I could feel Chaengie's eyes rest on me not cold hostility or what but the warmth of a friend. The effect is soft and inviting. "Gosh, how am I going to eat peacefully when you keep staring at me Chaengie," I chuckle and glance at him. He is not quite smiling but tilting as if they mean to. When our eyes meet, he quickly looks away and coughs.
 

"You are turning like Momo noona, slow down or you'll choke," He says, fixing himself then play his phone, waiting for me. When I'm done, he takes the leftover and cleans everything although I argue that I can do it by myself but the stubborn Cub he is, keep insisting and asks me to take rest. Giving up here I am on laying on my bed staring at the ceiling before again he knocks on my door and gets in.
 

"It's getting late already," He says while wearing his backpack.
 

"You're going home?" Isn't that too quick? he doesn't stay for a long time like he usually does and we barely talk tonight. He comes to me and I'm ready for our usual goodbye greetings but instead, I'm met by a poke on my cheeks. I pout, glaring at him.
 

"Hum? Do you need anything else?"
 

Obviously, "Nothing" I murmur, he forgot about it, I guess.
 

"Ok then, call me when there's anything bye!" He stands and waves his hand before disappearing.
 

I lean against the headboard, sighing. Hah, he forgot. Now I don't feel so good
 

"Mina!!"
 

I just lost in thought when Chaeyoung suddenly barges into my room, startling me to death."Wha-What!?" I impulsively yell. He smiles and walks closer to me then sits on the edge of the bed wrapping his arms around my waist. I unconsciously grin and respond to the hug.
 

"You almost forgot," I scold hitting his head lightly.
 

"I didn't, I just want to test you" He replies laughing.
 

"Geez"










 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter