Beaded Flower

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't want to wake you up,
I'm on the beach,
Feels like you need to know."
Β 

Chaeyoung stare at the post-it note that sticks in front of Mina's door, standing there as he reads the simple message from her. The first sentence somehow makes him flash a small smile due to the fact that the girl cared enough not wanting to disturb his sleep though, he wasn't asleep at all. An hour ago, he heard his bedroom door creaking, signalling someone opening it and there could be no one else except Mina. Thankfully, he was lying facing the other side of the room, curled into a ball and had been staring blankly at the bedside lamp for hours---from the moment he settled down the bed until the morning- like an empty shell, nothingness, he became numb.
Β 

The moment he heard the small noise, he quickly closed his eyes, pretending to sleep but it was briefly ended as Mina closed the door back. He had guessed that she was only checking up on him, peaking inside. Chaeyoung fluttered his eyes open and snuggled closer to the already drenched pillow, burying his face down as he asked for comfort.
Β 

He takes off the sticky notes and sighs as he made his way towards the bathroom. Looking at his own reflection in the mirror, water dripping off his face, it made him chuckled. What a mess. He thought while touching his swollen eyes then winch as he realizes it feels sore and dry. But that small pain makes him thankful, at least... it's better than feeling nothing at all.
Β 

He cleans himself and takes a quick shower, not wanting to let the girl alone on the beach with the salty air blowing around. And with his knowledge---knowing the girl for years---she definitely doesn't bring any jacket and just mindlessly strolling around without any concern that she might become ill from exposure to the chilly wind.
Β 

Chaeyoung wears a simple white turtleneck sweater and a brown chinos pants, a blanket folded around his left arm while he brewing a cup of tea for her to drink later. The guy hurriedly jogs heading to the beach. He stops when he spots her walking along the shore---scattering gulls, giggling as she sometimes runs back and forth in the shallow.
Β 

He doesn't move and stand there, starting to question whether he's doing the right thing. He sighs staring at the light blue blanket hanging on his arm then slowly turns around---planning to walk back to the villa but his heart chooses the opposite.
Β 

I hate myself that I can't quit you. He only moves three steps then takes a glance before fully facing the ocean, again. Chaeyoung swings his feet towards the girl and keeps a distance between them, watching her from afar. It's just then he notices she doesn't wear her sandals but leaves it there, walking barefoot on the sand crystal. Probably feeling the sand squish slowly through her foot.
Β 

The sea is an eerie pale turquoise with a darker blue at the horizon, where the single sail of a yacht caught the light. A flock of seagulls is circling in a current of air over the beach, illuminated in the morning rays of the sun. His hair blowing in the wind as he waits and waits until she finally notices his presence. He beams a small smile which she responds back before she tucks her hair behind her ear.
Β 

"Done playing with the seagulls?" He asks as he walks closer, a playful tone in his voice. Mina chuckle and nod, eyes meet his when he arrives and stands in front of her. Chaeyoung opens the blanket and leans against her. For a moment, she thought she'll get a hug but the guy only brings the blanket behind her back and wraps it around her shoulder, providing her warmth.
Β 

"Thank you" She mumbles, a bit disappointed. He is still fixing the blanket, making sure it perfectly covered her body.
Β 

Chaeyoung plants his gaze back to her, smiling before he searches for her sandals and takes it. He pulls out his hand, gesturing Mina to hold him but the girl only stares at his palm, hesitating. Chaeyoung smile softly then reaches for her hand, holding it as he leads the way to the big flat rock. He gestures her to sit down on the rock while he kneels in front of her. The guy put her sandals down and lift her feet, she gasps and tries to extract but Chaeyoung's grip tightens making a firm statement not to move. Although they don't speak, action tells it all. Mina who feels awkward, obeys to the unspoken command and stay still.
Β 

Chaeyoung loosens his grip and dust off the remaining sand beneath her feet and between her toes, doing the same with the other. He puts on her sandals, and they fit her perfectly. A minute passes with him, just looking down while Mina has her eyes on him. When she can't bear the silence anymore, she cups one of his cold cheeks in her hand and slowly raises his head so their eyes meet.
Β 

Chaeyoung places his hand over hers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter