Little Bean

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina awakens to soft sheets and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. She rubs her left knuckles into her eyes while slowly sit up. A weight on her right hand preventing her to move any further. She doesn't want to wake the guy who's peacefully sleeping, head resting on her lap while he sits on the floor. She smiles when she sees their hand are intertwined and how tight Chaeyoung's grip is.

 

She then watches how his eyebrows furrows and how he groans when the sunlight reaches his face. Mina immediately put her hand on top his forehead, covering his face. She sighs in relief when the younger seems back into a deep slumber. A faint smile crosses her face as she recalls Chaeyoung's words last night.


 

======================
|Flashbacks|
 

"Stay...Chaeyoungie" Mina calls in a half mumble and half-whisper that forced Chaeyoung to lean in close to hear her. He wasn't sure if he heard it right or not and when his name came out from Mina's lips again-pleading him to stay, wide smile eternally stained upon his lips.

 

He almost screamed out of joy and jumped from his position, he was too happy until he started to question if it was true. Wait, wait, That's my name, right? What's my name again? He raised his brows while biting his lips, it took him a minute to realize it was really him "Yeah Chaeyoung. That's my name! She just said my name!! The cub silently squealed with delight.

 

He brought himself closer, clasping her hands around Mina. He then blew on their hands keeping it warm.

 

"I will. I have always been by your side and will always be"

========================

 

"Thank you" Mina murmurs under her breath, a late reply of Chaeyoung's word last night. That was the last things she heard before she fell asleep.

 

She stays leaning against the headboard, closing her eyes since it's still early. As she waits for Chaeyoung to wake up, her phone alarm rings and she glance at the time before she turns it off. She sighs before gently shaking the younger's shoulder.

 

Chaeyoung lifts his head slowly and cautiously opens one eye. He blinks a few times then arouse from his sleep by the penguin's stare. "Y-you wake up early.." His voice trails off. "Umm, Do you need anything? Are you thirsty? I'll get you some wat--"

 

"Aren't you going to college?" Mina cut in, turning her head away from him.

 

"I skip class today" Chaeyoung answers as he fixes his position, and slowly remove his hands from hers. He then takes out the withered red roses from the vase and wraps it with tissues.

 

"Why?" Mina is now looking at him who's standing in front of the bedside table -busy working with the dead flower. Chaeyoung smiles as they stare at each other.

 

"Because today is your visit to the doctor. I'll be waiting in the living room. We'll go whenever you're ready." He smiles then walks himself to the door, holding the doorknob "Just call me if you need anything" He gives a last genuine smile before closing the door.







 

*  *  *  *

Soon after the vibrant summer rays have begun to warm the day. Chaeyoung winces a little feeling the sun burning his back as he kneels with one knee- digging the soil with a trowel. He is the yard to bury the dead flower. He stops when he notices a shadow of someone standing beside him, - holding an umbrella, blocking him from the sunlight.

 

He looks up and smiles softly before he continues, burying the flower. The maid only gives him a generous smile then crouch beside the younger, helping him to replace the soil. When they are done, he cleans the dust off his hands and then some on his knees before he stands up.

 

"Thank you," He says as their eyes met and once again smile at her. The maid quickly looks away as to hide her blushing face then mumbling a simple 'Welcome'. She just loves his smile so much that, she can do every single possible thing she can just to make him happy.

 

"How about turning the flower petals into paint or pressed them and add it into your drawing?" The maid suggests and steps closer, tiptoeing as she wipes the sweat off his forehead using her sleeve. "Hmm?" She finds his orbs, waiting for his answer.

 

"W-well, that's a good idea" Chaeyoung stutters as he leans backwards, a bit surprised. "And how do you know I like to draw?" He asks as they walk back inside the house, sharing the umbrella. Although the distance is merely five meters, the maid is basically floating. And the fact that their hands are brushing against each other makes things worse for her. She is trying so hard to act normal and walk properly with her noodles legs. It could be anytime, she'll collapse to the ground.

 

"Umm, your hands are dirty" She answers, it's unintentional when she sounds fierce, at least for Chaeyoung. He quickly pulls his hands and slides it in his pocket, while chuckling awkwardly. The maid turns her head to face him, then realize that her words might be taken mistakenly. She starts to panic and immediately waves both her hands while shaking his head. "What I mean is, your hand.." She takes his hand in hers and they stop walking.

 

"Look" She points the side of his pinky finger---where there's a pencil mark on it."It's usually caused by smudging on a sketch" She smiles at him then averts her eyes into his clothes. "Besides, there's always some paint stains on your shirt" she adds. Chaeyoung amazed that the girl actually notices those things that even he himself unaware of. He does spend an hour before to paint a beautiful landscape of the sunrise. He says nothing more, but simply nods in understanding.






 

*  *  *  *

Chaeyoung shed a tear when he heard the heartbeat of the baby, and sees the tiny blob wriggling around. He bawls

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter