Engaged

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been seven months Chaengie, another three months of waiting. I already start my college life majored in Biology and Chemistry, minored in Art. Everything is good as for now, I met a lot of friends, I like my study, the lecturer here is fine. But it just Chaengie and I never contact each other. No, HE never contacts me, ignoring my video call, messages, and everything. Did he forgot about me, I tried to stay positive that maybe, maybe he just too busy. We only talk for the first month, then he just disappeared. I'm mad but deep down I'm worried, what if something happened to him. Is he got into an accident? No! Stop thinking nonsense mina-ya, he's probably just lost his phone or something.

I've asked Tzuyu and Dahyun about this but they just said that he's super busy and even they rarely can reach him.
Β 

I have always loved him with devotion and purity; I have in mind that our friendship would last forever, he will always be next to me. Then he leave. There is hole, an emptiness where he has been. Being away from him made me realize it's never the physical love which made it special, it is something different - a connection between two souls.

As I am surrounded by different people, tasks, I still feel his presence, his smile, his silliness. I'm never with him but find myself with him all the time. Everything in my room reminded me of him and I would borrow his clothes from the guest room just to smell his fruity scent. I missed him.
Β 

"Mina?"

I blink and all those thoughts dissapears like a smoke with no trace. I lift my gaze, witnessing Jihyo's unnie worry expression as she settle next to me, leaning against the wall of the dance practice room."You're dozing off again, something bothering you?" She ask.

"Ah, no, nothing" I sigh divert my attention to the group of dancers in front of me, walking around while calling names "What's the occasion?" My brows raise.

"The couch said, he'd arranged the pairing for the musical project. Unfortunately, my pair my boyfriend " She boringly points to a guy having a rap battle while his friend cheered. I laugh at the sight.

I nod and ask "Who's my pair agai---"

"Myoui Mina?"

I flich when I heard my full name uttered. We both look to the source of that deep and low voice and sees a guy wearing a black and white strips sweatshirt, black ripped jeans and a black hat, covering half of his face. He take off his cap and smiles at me. Ah, I know this person.

He's known for his funny nature and kind. The clown of the class. But it isn't what makes him popular, well set aside his good looking feature, he's famous because of his background. That guy who always throw jokes everywhere had finished law school and earn a prestigious law degree at the edge of twenty. No one notice this at first, everyone sees him as a normal art student but the kids from the Faculty of Law immediately recognized him. There is article about him being one the youngest lawyer that earned their law degree. He owes his success to his mother, a fellow lawyer and father, a High Court Judge.

Everyone including me wonder what is he doing here, taking Art instead of starting his own law firm. When asked, he only said he's bored with law and wanted to explore the art world. What a pity to that degree. Jihyo's unnie boyfriend is his teammates, so we'll always go out together. I can say he's that kind of friend that's not 24/7 with you but will be there if you need him. Unlike usual, my inteoverted self opened up to him easily. I think it's bacause his presence is inviting. Then I realize, the one thing that drawn me to this guy is his resemblance to him. The way he laugh, his lame jokes, his stunt, his childish act, they somehow look a like.
Β 

So, he's my pair huh?

I reciprocates the smiles and nod my head. He take off his cap and show me a piece of paper that contains our names and a song title "We'll have to sing" He remarks, sitting beside me while Jihyo unnie is long gone and now is with her boyfriend.

"Let's go to the practice room, it's quiter there." I state, standing up. I know he could play guitar and even a better singer than me. He agree and carry his guitar with him as we head to the music practice room located in the second floor.

"Are you alright? You look spiritless" He says as we climb the stair. I just smile and thanks him for the concern. We settle in and I look back at the piece of paper, so we have to perform Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. We listens to the song first and divide parts. He'll also make his own tabs for the song to play with his guitar. We
dont start to sing right away, but more like experimenting. Trying to know the song and get comfortable with it. We spend a good time together, like I said he has that inviting warmth that makes you feel relax plus his humour is one killing your stomach. I really enjoyed his company.

The bell rings and we end our discussion. "So, I'll meet you at the River CafΓ©? Wednesday morning?" He ask as we pack our things.

"Yup" I nod and we walk downstairs, through the hallway. "Then I'll see ya later, Jeong Oppa" I wave as we reach the parking lot.

"Okay. Mina, I don't know what happen but don't think too much, you'll get old" Jeongyeon Oppa teases as he jump to his car. I only laugh and turn on the ignation, waves at him before I drives away. My smile mantained on my face. He does sounds like him.






Β 

*Β  *Β  *Β  *

Before I step inside my house, I stop in front of the mailbox. Thought of whether I should open it, although there is never any letter sens to me---I know because I've been checking it out every single day hoping for a letter from a certain someone. But today, I don't. I walk pass it, go straight to my bedroom, wash, get changes and force myself to sleep.

"Mina-yah how about dinner?"

I heard a voice and lazily open my eyes seeing Sana unnie peaking his head inside through my bedroom door.

"I'm full," I state in almost a whisper.

"You're bad at lying. I'll bring food here then we'll talk okay"

I sigh at her persistent self. Unnies know me better, they always well aware of me, know if I'm having or facing any problem and I'm not sure whether to call it a bless or a curse because I don't want them to know and I don't want to talk about it. I feel somehow insecure, uncomfortable and embarases. Soon after, she's back with a tray and lock the door as she enter.

"So, what is it?" Sana unnie ask as she sits on my study chair putting the tray of food on the bedside table.

"Nothing, I said I'm full. I don't wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter