Perfect Family

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's chocolate brown eyes open and close from the light of the sun and Chaeyoung who has been watching her sort of smile. Mina stares at him in blinking, her eyelashes brushing against his cheek. Mina nuzzles into his shoulder, her dark brown hair inches from his nose. Chaeyoung could smell his scent, Minalike smell, which is too good for words. He smiles huge and big, cradling her to his chest. After a good last nap, Mina finally sits up while he mirroring her action as she stretches her arms above her heads and yawn.
Β 

Chaeyoung moves to her back and ties her hair in a low ponytail. He then places his chin on her shoulder while Mina sinks into him, leaning against his solid body. They just return to their house after spending times with the Myoui, and now it just them. "What do you want for breakfast?" Chaeyoung asks.
Β 

"Anything" The guy smiles from the simplicity of her answer then nod. "I'll bring the food later, you don't have to go downstairs" He assures and starts to walks away but stop when Mina tugs his shirt.
Β 

"Don't leave me" She mutters. Chaeyoung fight the urge of smiling due to her cuteness. Who can resist that pout? Definitely not him. Thus he walks her to the kitchen and let the girl settle down on the dining table while he prepares breakfast for them. Chaeyoung rolls his sleeve and starts doing the works. Minutes pass with Mina watching him, chin resting in his hand. "Now, I remember, I've never been to a dance floor before. Have you?" She swings her feet to the countertop and stands in front of him separated by the counter.
Β 

Chaeyoung stops chopping the vegetables and raises his head. Now he thinks about it, Mina had her ankle injured around the day of their High School graduation, so they didn't join the ballroom dance but played with lego instead. He makes a beeline to her side while her gaze follows him. Chaeyoung takes a few steps backwards and smiles. He held his hand out, bending over in a half-bow "Would you do me the great honour of a dance, Princess"
Β 

For a moment, Mina's face leaves dumbfounded. It's then a second after that, she takes notice of the sudden change of speaking usage. She giggles and holds her laugh as the guy wriggle his brow, smirking to her. Wordlessly, Mina put her hand in his and allows him to kiss the back of her palm "If a gentleman asks me to dance, I have no choice but to accept," Mina smirks, playing her role.
Β 

Those childish smile not once leaves Chaeyoung's feature as he walks over and stands before the 'princess', gently pull her to her feet and places his hand around her waist. He never has a dance class, different than her who spent half of her life dancing gracefully, practising the art of classical ballet. But he and his mates have jived to music since their early teens, competing in the friendly way boys do to "up" one another.
Β 

With his hand rested in the curve of her waist and her arms around his neck, the 'prince' and the 'princess' glide from place to place with a slow and steady step. Compared to the 'princess', the 'prince' movement is obviously stiffer and clumsier but none of it really matter.
Β 

Far from Mina's fantasy as a child where she dances with a prince in a fairy tale world. Wherein the magnificent decoration of ballroom---crystal chandeliers spiral down from the arching sky---blue ceiling, illuminating the glimmering golden walls and a floor so polished it looks like an iced-over lake, surrounded with artworks hanging on the wall. The wafts smell of rose and jasmine filling the dance floor. And finally the prince with his red cloak on top the tunic, decorated with gold lacing and jewel while she wears a long silky gown. Then they waltz gaily to the music provided by a small orchestra.
Β 

Everyone knows the scene. And probably at least once dreaming of it. It's romantic and classy, and a complete contrast than the scene she's in right now. Where she twirls and dance in the dining room with no immense branched ornamental light on the ceiling but a simple warm white LED lights. Instead of a sweet floral scent, the rich aroma of the dish Chaeyoung is cooking lingers the air and by the smell of it---a tomato basil sauce, cheese parmesan, flour, and eggs---she knows he's making homemade pasta. While the music is a gentle swish from the dishwasher and the efficient hum of the refrigerator.
Β 

Lastly, the prince..... His cloak is a cream cardigan draped over a white plain shirt paired with blue and white flannel sweatpants. Not to mention, Chaeyoung's hair that resembles a birds nest.
Β 

Mina smiles warmly at her own thought. She rests her head off his chest, and let him sway her body 'round and 'round again. She closes her eyes, listening to the light rumbles sound from all the machine in the kitchen composing music to her ears. And still, none can beat the beating drum that pounding hard against her chest.
Β 

That time. Mina realizes something she should have been earlier. If she can meet her past self, she'll remind her that it never mattered to dance in a crystal palace with a perfect and handsome prince. Where, what, how and when is not important but who.
Β 

Who is the person you are with?
Β 

Even with no castle, no prince of a kingdom realms, that simple dance in the kitchen are meant more, in everything. Because; I think I fall for him, again.
Β 

You're dancing with the man you love.
Β 

Mina looks up. Her eyes finding him and when they meet, she could see the emotions and words hiding behind those orbs. In times like this---when they are together---his eyes are always different. It's softer and full of wonder as if they are a labyrinth of little streets and if she finds the right path, it leads to his true feelings.
Β 

If only she's in the right direction, if only she knows earlier what those eyes meant, and if only she waits a little bit longer then.....
Β 

They didn't have to go such misfortune.
Β 

Mina's hand trails to his face, resting it below his ear. Her thumb caressing his cheek as their eye contact remained still. Her best friend is gone replaced by a man who loves deeply. There is something about that gaze of his, she'll never find in another man as if at that moment their souls have made the bridge that once connects them.
Β 

Chaeyoung lifts his hand and place it above hers, showing his dimple as he reciprocated her smile. Feeling shy under Mina's stare, his eyes quiver while he let out a sudden chuckle.
Β 

"Do you want to eat no---" His words cut off when Mina suddenly goes on tiptoe and pull his face closer, a little forceful. She smiles sweetly at him as they stand with approximately no space left between their faces. Chaeyoung's blink in confusion. Their breaths shaking and without any more words spoken, Mina leans closer and shut her eyes as she presses her lips against his.
Β 

Mina kisses me.
Β 

It comes out of nowhere. One minute Chaeyoung is over the other side of the countertop, engrossed in making breakfast, the next he is kissed by Mina. Her hand clasped gently into his shirt, pulling it softly. The caress of her lips softer than Chaeyoung could have imagined. His brain lit on fire and the warmth spread to his entire body in a comforting way. After a few seconds, she breaks away and smiles, "Shh, I just had to do that." She started, not giving him the opportunity to question anything. But, the look on her face tells him everything he needs to know.
Β 

Upon realizing, Mina clears and buries her face into his cardigan, "Please don't ask" She blush invisibly beneath his cream cardigan as she hides her face. The soft giggle that rumbled out his mouth makes her face changes drastically into a blooming red rose.
Β 

"Okay" Chaeyoung mumbles while her hair. Holding her close. "I'll wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter