Attempt

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh Mina you're wearing red too," Said the Cub. The graduation already over and now we're getting ready for prom night and he's in my house waiting for me to get ready. I clutch my purse as I walk to the living room and examine him. My

 

"When did you start wearing red?" I ask staring at him looking confident and ummm stunning.
 

"I like red"

"No, you don't"

"I really like red"
 

"Go and change! We can't go like this" I complaint. He's wearing a solid red suit with a plain white shirt and black bow tie. Exactly match my red dress.

He scoffs in disbelief "Why should I change? You should instead!"

"I'll take time!" I need another hour if that happens.

"Nope, you change"

"You change!"

"You"

"Chaengie change!!!!"
 

"Arrggh. Fine! You better ready when I arrived" He groans, going back home to change his clothes. I chuckle at my winning. I get myself some soda while waiting for him. Soon, he arrives wearing a black tuxedo with a navy vest and tie. I like this one more actually. *cough*
 

"Mom, we'll get going" I reach my mom and kiss her forehead. My parents also getting ready because they will be having a dinner and reunion party with their friends then spend the night in grandma and grandpa house. While my sisters already went out with their friends too.







 

*  *  *  *

The Prom night starts off with dinner at a luxury hotel arranged by a professional organisation. I start my entrance into the dance with my date and we greet people as we walk through to the ballroom. I can see some of my classmates who swap their school uniform for an elegant evening dress and high heels. Boys that are usually only seen in jeans and trainers when not at school dress up in a suit with a tie and smart shoes.
 

I don't dance because I injured my ankle this morning after my ballet class, that's why I wear kitten heels. I ask Chaeng to find someone else to date and dance with him but he refuses and suggest us to play lego on the round table. I can't believe he actually brings a small box of lego house sets where he hides in Hyun's car. So, here we are, completing it together instead of dancing the light and soft musical pieces.

 

For about two hours, we finally finished it and so far I'm having a night that I'm satisfied with except that I can't dance. At 11:00 pm, an administrator speaks on the microphone and says that it's the time for the prom court king and queen to be announced. I'm nominated as on one of the queen but I refuse, excusing myself with my injury while actually, I don't fancy standing on the stage with all eyes on me, it makes me nervous. Chaeng is also nominated, he wanted to refuse too but I force him to join the line-up. Defeated, he gives me that annoying face then walks to the stage.
 

"First, Willow High School's prom king... Son Chaeyoung!" The administrator says. I grin and claps my hands as I watch him be given a crown and sash that he will have to wear and receive a gift which is a French Bordeaux red wine. I find it funny because Chaeng doesn't drink not even wine, he has a really low tolerance for alcohol. Everyone cheered, it's not a surprise actually. Chaeng is really popular around the school. The average funny, cool, perfect looking guy you see on the television. He looks at my direction, I can sense him internally screaming at me for forcing him to join the nominees. He then sits on the throne while the queen is crowned. I think her name is Sakura, my fellow Japanese.

 

The king and queen pose together for the official prom photographer to take a photo of them. Then they both make a short speech thanking the staff members or organizing committee for putting on the prom, and acknowledge the vendors like the DJ and the hotel that is hosting the event.
 

After the ceremony officially ended. The music starts to change from classical to EDM. It's as loud as thunder that made the cutlery on the tabletops rattle. Neon lights flashed everywhere like police sirens, but much more colourful. It's getting to wild for me to handle, people are dancing crazily, shouting mindlessly.

 

Chaengie who's talking to his friends excuses himself and walks to me then lean into my ear "Wanna go home?" He whispers. I nod my head.
 

Soon, we arrive at my house and I rush to my bedroom to change into comfortable clothes, my penguin onesie since it's now eleven sharp. While Chaeng gets himself a glass of water."Are you leaving?" I ask him as he takes his car keys that sit on the dining table.
 

"Yeah, Oh! you're alone right? Are you going to be fine?" he raises his brow as he wears his dark brown shoes.
 

"I'm fine"
 

"You know, If you ask me to stay. I will" he states staring at me as I look down playing with flippers.
 

"I'm okay," I say. Yeah, nothing could go wrong right?
 

"O-Okay. I'm just saying but the other day when I slept in the living room watching football with father. I caught something like a black figure standing beside the stairs, so you know be car-------"
 

"Ya--yah. Don't scare me" I jump out and I held his arms tightly, looking around the living room.

"Say it"

"Eh?"

"Say it mina ya"

"Umm……..stay……..please," I say almost like a whisper.

"What? Didn't hear you"

This guy really. Urrgh. I swallowed my pride "Stay, please~" I mimic cutely. Bye pride.
 

"Okay, " He smiles and walks back inside, rest himself on the couch. He then asks me if I can cook because we don't have a proper meal for dinner. So, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter