Scar

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung blinks a few times as he's awakened by giggling sounds. When his eyes adjusted, he's greeted by Mina's smiley eyes. And to witness it first thing first after waking up are not for the faint of his heart. His pupil enlarges, blush burns through his cheeks and his face feels like a hot oven.
Β 

Mina notices the glowing red of his face and gives him a worried glance. She drags her hand that rests on his chest up to his forehead, and another on her own, comparing the temperature of their body. She studies his face and Chaeyoung could feel her breath on his skin, feel it slips between her lips. It makes things worse for him because of the nearness that could easily cause his heart to beat irregularly.
Β 

That is the time when it clicks to him that, she could be his. All he has to do is close that small distance.
Β 

The only thing that keeps him from moving is the realization that if he does suddenly kiss her, what will be the outcome? Adding the thoughts of--- they just get better. They're in the process of mending and working their relationship and to confess now, might not the right choice. He's still far from her and hasn't fully convinced the girl that he's worth loving for, hasn't gained her trust, heal her broken heart and binds up her wound.
Β 

Not yet. Chaeyoung tells himself as he breaks their eye contact and quickly looks around. Mina lowers herself, putting her head down on his chest, and focus listening to his racing heartbeat.
Β 

"Seriously!? Why do you easily catch a fever" Mina scold as she withdraws, certain that the younger is ill. Her brows connect as grave look craved on her face. Chaeyoung heaves a sigh in relief when the girl pulls away of him. He turns his head back, facing her and gives a deadpan expression.
Β 

"Look who's talking" He narrows his eyes at her, as to judge the girl for saying that. Mina stays silent, annoyed that it's a fact. She is the one who's always sick because of her weak immune system and the one who is always there for her is him. She ends up defeated then roll her eyes. Truth to be told, he is indeed feeling unwell as sweat trickle down the sides of his face, and his lips are dry.
Β 

"I'm just worried" Mina mumbles as she looks away, hates to see him in his weakest state. Chaeyoung smile as he catches her words then holds her hand, squeezing it to call for her. She averts her gaze to him, getting the signal. They stare at each other before he looks downwards, playing with their intertwined hands.
Β 

"Then, that's how I feel..each time you have fallen ill. You, laying down in the bed, with pale skin, glistening in sweat, and pained look on your face....then there's me, watching helplessly, hating myself that I can do nothing but to be there for you." He looks up to her, smiling even though it hurts because of the crack on his lips.
Β 

"....and believe me, in those time...I'm beyond worried" He continues.
Β 

Mina gives him a warm smile but it lit with a small light of sadness. "I know, I'm really thankful for your presence...... Me, on the bed and you sitting beside me, holding my hands." She pulls her long sleeve and wipes his sweat while she recalls the memories of the past, bringing a broad smile to her face.
Β 

"....and believe me, in that time, you help more than anything. Because of you...I feel safe and secure, I don't feel lonely"
Β 

Chaeyoung is stunned by it then let out a small laugh as he realizes she's mimicking his words. Mina joins him in the laughter then playfully pinch his nose, a bit too hard he groans and flick her hand. The girl hisses as she pulls away, shooting dagger at him.
Β 

"So..." Mina starts while checking his exact temperature using the digital thermometer and jots it down on a piece of paper. "I'm going to do the same as you did. Wait here. I'll bring the food, eat first then the medicine" Mina stands and walk out of the room, glancing over him for the last time. He smiles as to assure her that he's fine and with that Mina reciprocated the smile and make her way to the dining room.








Β 

*Β  *Β  *Β  *

Chaeyoung stares at the bed trays in front of him and on top of it placed the food Mina prepared earlier. A chicken porridge that she just ordered, kimchi, rolled eggs, gimbap, seasoned spinach, a mushroom soup, shrimp pasta salad, beef meatball, and steak. His mouth twitches as to fight laughter for his random thought, Food from east to west under the same meal.....sounds great.
Β 

He fixes his position leaning against the headboard with a pile of a pillow on his back to support him. He steals a glance towards the girl that sits on the bedside chair, holding a book that fully covers her face. She's busy reading, as to everyone thought but no, it is an act. Mina quickly picks up a book and pretends to read it, hiding the fact that she's nervous and afraid that the food may taste awful. She isn't really paying attention to anything but roams her eyes as she waits for Chaeyoung to comment something.
Β 

Chaeyoung arc his brows, mouth slightly agape as he stares at the girl weirdly then to the book she's reading and back to her, only her crown is shown behind the hardcover. He slowly tilts his head to the side, 90 degrees to read the title of the book.
Β 

"Can you really read upside down?"
Β 

Upon hearing that, Mina immediately pulls the book down and she is really holding it wrong. She clears and in one swift, turn the book and again bury her face behind it, ignoring his question. The girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter