Forgiveness

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung prepared breakfast every single day for Mina before going to his college but it always left untouched by the girl. Mina will ask the maid to make her another one. She's thankful to have the maid with her in the morning, at least she has someone to talk to. It's true that what she'd witnessed before make her somehow mad. She quickly brushes the feelings off when the maid is so friendly and treats her with kindness. Though the maid knows nothing about what happened to Mina and Chaeyoung, she's not that blind to realize the tension between them.
Β 

The maid knocks on the door before she comes in with a tray of food, placing it on the bedside table before she sits. Mina smiles at her and closes the books that she's been reading. She looks over the food and frowns seeing an eggplant penguin on top of the dish.
Β 

"Why don't you throw it away?" She grimaces.
Β 

"Mina ssi, he's been doing this for the past two weeks. I-I really feel bad for him. How about you give it a try? It looks delicious better than my cooking" She assures, trying to help in some ways.
Β 

"He....hurts me" Mina says giving the maid bitter looks before she averts her gaze.
Β 

"......Can't you forgive him?"
Β 

"I will not pardon and forget what he had done"
Β 

The maid sigh silently then sits closer to Mina."Forgiveness doesn't mean you are excusing the other's actions. By forgiving, you are accepting the reality of what happened and finding a way to live in a state of resolution with it." She taps the younger's palm and the back of her hand lightly. "It isn't something you do for the person who wronged you; it's something you do for you" The maid adds and smiles sincerely.
Β 

Mina hangs her head low, fidgeting with her finger "If it's something I do for myself and if it can help me heal, then---" She looks up and stares at the maid "---Why is it so hard?" Her voice crack when the last sentence escapes then followed by a tear falls from her right eyes, tracing her cheeks. Mina knows it very well, she is not that dumb to not notice Chaeyoung's effort. But she just couldn't. It just too hard, too heavy, too overwhelming.
Β 

The maid automatically pulls Mina into a hug. Feeling sorry for the latter overall situation. Though she knows nothing, Mina's eyes could tell her how much she's in pain and the maid is fully aware of it. "....Because it requires feeling willing to forgive. Sometimes you won't because the hurt went too deep." She caresses her back when she feels her shoulders wet from tears."People are not attempting to forgive someone before they have identified, fully felt, expressed, and released their anger and pain." She pulls away and again smiles at Mina.
Β 

"So, rather than giving him a cold shoulder and silent treatment. Both of you should sit and talk about it. Express your anger, shout at him, punch him, tell him how you feel; betrayed, hurt, pain. And after you're done, you'll feel much better and decide what you have to do next. Believe me." She advises.
Β 

Mina leans against the headboard, not giving any reply. She settles down the plate, putting it on her lap before taking a bite. "Yeah, it's better than your cooking" She says playfully. The maid pouts before joining Mina at her laughter.






Β 

*Β  *Β  *Β  *

Chaeyoung's face lit up with a broad smile as he walks out from a stuffed animal shop. Piggyback ride a giant teddy bear that as big as him. He places it on the passenger seat and put it on a seatbelt before jogging back to the driver seat. Once in a while, he will glance over, pat its head and again smile sheepishly.
Β 

He just wants Mina to have something to cuddle with at night, recalling how the girl hugged her knees when the thunder cracked a few days ago. He's hoping that the bear can be his replacement to take care of the girl in her room, to keep her safe. Though he knows his action wouldn't change Mina's perspective over him, or how his intention might be misunderstood by the girl. But, he buys the toy, purely because he cares.
Β 

He also adds a bouquet of flower in his daily list to buy after classes end. Red roses, and why he choose it out of all, simple. It is traditionally a symbol for love and shows deep appreciation to the recipient and your feeling la towards them. Thanks to the florist who patiently have to suggest and explain every single type of flowers for him. It became a habit that each day he will come back home with the new flowers and arrange it in a vase, on Mina's bedside table. While the old already withered one, he will bury it in their backyard.
Β 

Chaeyoung arrives at home then puts the white teddy bear on the couch along with the flowers. He heads to the kitchen after hearing a familiar voice.
Β 

"Woah! You cooked a lot" Chaeyoung compliment seeing the wooden dining table fully packed by foods. The maid jolts a little then turn around feeling embarrassed as she was humming or more likely singing a song, not realizing his presence.
Β 

"And, you should be a singer" He adds giving her two thumbs up. The maid only chuckles and mumbling a thank you before turning back to the dish she's cooking. He walks closer and peeks from behind, asking if sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter