A Light

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Remorse. Guilt.
 

That is how Chaeyoung feels at that very moment. He wishes for a Time-Turner so he could go back, rectify the mistake - the worst of all he had done.
 

However, he could not. Impossible. He had to live with it. Remorse etched at his heart. Guilt gnawed like a worm at the core of an apple. A tear trickled down his cheek, memories flooded his mind.
 

It's never easy for him, blaming himself for what he had done, regret washes over him like the long waves on a shallow beach. Each wave is icy cold and sends shivers down his spine, how he longed to go back and take a different path, to never drunk himself, he should have just went home that night. The remorse will eat at him every day of his life.
 

He has been locking himself in his room, skip meals, slowly letting the guilt to play with his mind. He believes self-harm is one way to pay for what he had done. Thinking that if he hurt himself then he could kill the demon inside him. He makes mistake, he knows it, he feels it, he capable of doing it. He never knew that he need help, that his condition becomes worst.
 

"Don't let yourself consumed by regret, like maggots are in their guts. Stop analyze every action and word from every angle and writhe in the agony of paths untaken. What's done is done. Don't waste your time on regret, take responsibility for it" Dahyun squat in front of his little brother. It was Chaeyoung who confessed himself and asked them to look after Mina. Tzuyu then alarmed the Myoui's sisters. Of course, the brothers didn't believe him at first but after seeing how Chaeyoung acted, they are left bewildered and puzzled. Definitely, Chae received punches from his brothers, enough to wake him from keeps drowning himself in his mixed emotions.
 

They know something isn't right, Chaeyoung has low alcohol tolerance, he always passed out after a few sips. Tzuyu thought it's odd and speak his mind to Dahyun but they put their suspicion aside for now and focus on Chaeyoung.
 

As for Chae, his life basically a mess right now, he didn't dare to call or text Mina let alone had the courage to actually meet the latter. He didn't have the strength to face the girl just yet. He always hoping that whenever he woke up in the morning, everything will be back to how it used to be, or he wishes that he will never wake up. Running away from his problem.
 

It's painful for him to accept the fact that he just hurt someone he loves, someone he wants to protect but at the end, it's him who hurt her.
 

There hasn't been any contact between Chaeyoung and Mina. She moved back to her parent's house. Until now, she never talks to Chaeyoung and avoiding Jeongyeon whenever he shows concern, calling and send her text. The girl lies that she's sick and there's no need for him to visit her, she just needs some time. Jeongyeon understood and waits patiently for Mina to open up. The guy still regretting his small fight with Mina weeks ago and just wanted to apologize.
 

Sana has helping Mina to recover by secretly goes to meet counsellor although the younger refused at first but finally agreed. The younger thought she could deal with a counsellor is rather than a therapist because after all, she also wants to feel normal once again. She had been skipping classes for days and shut her world. It is hard for Sana and Momo to keep the secret and persuade their little sister to go to college since they don't want any rumours or she being absent for too long.






 

* * * *

Everything is calm for now, It has been weeks since the incident. Their parents didn't question much as the visible bruises on her face and arms already gone.
 

It's hard for Mina but she listens to her sister to confront Chaeyoung, there's no point of avoiding it when they will talk about it later. Both of them knows that they can't run away from trouble. There ain't no place that far. Things will never be the same again and they aware of it.
 

The two sits on the bench at the park. The most memorable place for them. Momo and Dahyun only watch them from a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter