Chapter 7: Lee Gahyeon

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

151e1140f4b99e12431282815154.jpg

Gahyeon was on her flight from London to her hometown. It's been 6 months since she hadn't been home and she missed her family so much. She gazed at the passing clouds through the window with her headphones on, listening to her favourite music she saved on her playlist.

"Miss, do you want some coffee or tea?" asked the stewardess. She was pushing a small metal food cart next to Gahyeon's seat.

"Tea please," said Gahyeon nicely.

The stewardess immediately prepared the tea; putting one teabag in a cup and poured in hot water.

"Here you go," The stewardess served to Gahyeon. Serving along some condiments of the usual sugar and cream.

"Thank you," said Gahyeon. The stewardess responded with a smile and pushed the cart to the next row of seats.

She brought the steaming cup of tea near and blew a little to cool it down. Satisfied it cooled down, Gahyeon took a sip of the tea.

"I can't wait to meet mom and dad," she said in her heart.

Meanwhile...

The Dreamcatcher squad were having a meeting with other agents who are ranked below them. They were discussing about the tests for the new agents before the real exam will begin.

"So, when will the test begin?" started an agent.

"It will be at the end of this month. The final exam will hold around 5 months from now," said Jiu.

"We don't want the same thing to happen-- like last year," warned Sua.

"What happened last year?" asked Siyeon. She didn't know anything as she was not present and uninformed on what happened the past year.

"I'm gonna tell you later," said Dami.

Suddenly, a knocking on the door halted the meeting and a young man entered the meeting room.

"Good morning.. Uhm did I interrupt something?" said the agent. Siyeon had a puzzled face- she thought his face looked familiar... As if she knew the agent before.

Jiu answered for the team, "Yes. You didn't know we had a meeting right now?"

"I asked agent Taehyung to come, Jiu. I told him to give the group list name to me when we have a meeting." said Siyeon.

"Siyeon hates to wait, don't you remember, Jiu?" added Yoohyeon.

"Ouh I see. I'm sorry, agent Taehyung." Jiu apologised.

"How are your hands? Feeling better now?" asked Siyeon.

"Yeah. It's doesn't hurt anymore," replied Taehyung.

"What happened?" asked Handong.

"Well, we had a problem with Ravi yesterday." said Siyeon calmly.

"Again?!" said Sua with high voice.

"Don't worry, Miss Sua. Miss Siyeon made sure he realised how serious we are this time," assured Taehyung.

"Pfft he should be," Dami smirked.

Taehyung realised that Siyeon's left hand had been bandaged but he didn't want to ask because he thought it would just prolong the interruption he caused.

"Are all the names listed already?" said Siyeon to Taehyung.

"Err yes, miss. I've already checked it," replied Taehyung.

"Good. You're dismissed."

"Thank you miss," Taehyung walked out from the meeting room and closed the door.

The Dreamcatcher squad and the other agents continued their meeting.

After the meeting finished, the girls went to the cafeteria to get lunch together. They sat at the same table and started eating their lunch.

"When will Mr Lee's daughter arrive?" Handong asked Jiu and Yoohyeon.

"About 3 p.m.," said Jiu.

"Chill, we still have time. I don't want to rush when I eat," said Yoohyeon.

"That's why you choose food rather than boys," Dami laughed.

"I live to eat!" Yoohyeon scolded Dami.

"It's just that you live to eatWe eat to live." Sua and Dami high-fived each other and laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I still don't like boys. My dark past with them is still haunting me," Dami shivered.

"And you still don't want to tell us what happened?" asked Handong.

"Nah, it will become more worse if I tell you girls."

"Well, if you're ready and want to talk about it, we will be by your side and ready to hear it." Jiu patted on Yoohyeon's back.

"Thanks for being by my side all the time." said Yoohyeon.

"Not me, I'm always 1 kilometre away from you." Dami still teased Yoohyeon.

"Dami..." Jiu stared at Dami with serious face.

"I'm just joking. We're also glad that you're still our friend," said Dami.

After they are done eating, they walked out from the cafeteria.

"Okay guys, we have to separate from here. Be careful and see you guys tonight," said Jiu.

"Okay," said her squad and they split up into pairs.

"Did you drive today, Siyeon?" asked Dami.

"No. I went to work with Sua today." said Siyeon.

"Guess I have to use my car but I really like to drive fast so--"

"Dude, you're a racer before and I'm okay with it. I'm not like Sua," snickered Siyeon.

"I forgot that Sua hates fast vehicles," said Dami.

"But Handong likes to ride fast, especially with her motorbike."

"Hmm that will be a problem to Sua. She will scream like a banshee all the way to Mr Lee's house," Siyeon chuckled.

Suddenly, Matthew approached Dami and Siyeon.

"Hey Siyeon," said Matthew.

"Hi Matthew," replied Siyeon.

"Dami, will you come home late today?" asked Matthew to his girlfriend.

"Hmm I guess not. Why?" Dami looked curious with Matthew's question.

"Alright! Well um.. See ya tonight!" Matthew quickly walked away and disappeared.

"That's not how he usually acts," commented Siyeon.

"Yeah, like he's still awkward with me." said Dami.

"Is he always like that at home?"

"Sometimes. But he always tease me when I read books. He likes to take them away and put it on the highest shelf... I know that I'm shorter than him but do I deserve this type of treatment? Especially from my boyfriend?" pleaded Dami.

"Well, you always tease Yoohyeon and now you're getting payback from Matt."

"If Yoohyeon asked Matt to tease me, I will chop that talking tree's legs."

______________

"Achoo!" Yoohyeon suddenly sneezed.

"Bless you. Are you sick?" asked Jiu. She is driving them to the airport.

"No." said Yoohyeon.

"Maybe someone's talking about you."

"That would be Dami or Sua. Those two are ing pranksters." Yoohyeon barred her teeth.

One hour later, they arrived at the airport. It was 2pm and Gahyeon will be arriving in one hour so they went to the cafe nearby in the airport. They sat on the corner and the waiter came to take their order.

"Ice lemon tea, please," ordered Jiu.

"Make it two." said Yoohyeon.

"Okay miss." The waiter took their order and walked away.

"So Yoohyeon, about your dark past..."
Jiu suddenly opened the question about Yoohyeon's past.

"You wanna know about it, don't you?" Yoohyeon asked Jiu as she nodded.

"Alright. When I was 16 years old, I had a boyfriend and he was 2 years older than me. I thought that my life would be better with him but something bad happened.. when he took me to a river one night. He said that he wanted to have a picnic with me.

"Then what happened at the river?" Jiu wanted to know more.

"He lied to me. There was no picnic... instead 5 drunk men who probably also took drugs were there. My ex-boyfriend and his drunk friends were planning to me."

"They what!? They you?"

"They tried to but I ran away. Then I slipped and fell into the river. They didn't help me when they saw me fall in- they were too busy running away."

"So mean!! Wait, you can't swim.. Then, who saved you?"

"Just some public people but I didn't know who because I was unconscious. I woke up and realised that I was in the hospital. Then, I saw a woman in suits entering my room."

"Who?"

"Madam Yoona. She said that she knew about me and wanted to help me. I thought she was just a stalker at first but then, she gave me an agency card and walked away. After I recovered, I wanted to try it out. So I went to the agency and I got selected."

"What about your ex-boyfriend and his friends?"

"They all got kicked in jail."

"That's kind of a sad story. Now, I know why you really hate men so much."

"I don't hate them. It's like I'm afraid of them at the same time. If I hate men, then everyone will probably think that I'm a lesbian."

"And you and Sua will be the lesbian partner."

"What the !" Yoohyeon exclaimed. Jiu laughed.

"It's already 2:50 pm. Let's go," said Jiu.

Jiu went to the cashier and paid the drinks. They walked out from the cafe and went to the door entrance as they waited for Gahyeon to walk out. Then, they saw a girl that looked like the same girl in the picture they saw at Mr and Mrs Lee's house. She has arrived.

"That must be her." said Yoohyeon.

"Yeah." They approached Gahyeon who waited for her dad to pick her.

"Excuse me, miss Lee Gahyeon." said Jiu nicely.

"How did you know my name?" Gahyeon was curious and a little scared.

"It's okay. We are your bodyguard. Your dad asked us to pick you up because he had some business to attend to." said Yoohyeon.

"Then, why he didn't tell me?"

"Mr Lee probably forgot. Why don't you try calling your mom?" Jiu tried to make Gahyeon believe them.

"Alright." Gahyeon grabbed her phone and called her mom.

"Hello mom."

"Yeah I just arrived."

"Dad have to go to work?"

"I see. Well, it's okay. They've already arrived to pick me up. I thought they were from a movie 'Men In Black' because they're wearing black suits."

"Okay bye. Love you." Gahyeon ended her phone call with her mom.

"Men in black? Seriously? You think we work with bunch of aliens?" said Yoohyeon.

"What? I didn't know that dad already hired bodyguards." said Gahyeon.

"Well, he hired us 'cause something bad had happened." said Jiu.

"What do you mean?"

"I will tell you in the car. Let's go. And Yoohyeon, go take her bag."

"Damn, why am I the one that always gets bullied and teased all the time." Yoohyeon grabbed Gahyeon's bag and they exited the airport.

End Of Chapter 7.