Chapter 45: Tick Tock

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

5 o'clock struck, everyone was seen going back home. Including Siyeon, who went back to her house and as she arrived, she saw Taehyung's car already parked in front of her house in the driveway. As she parked her car inside her garage, she went to the front door. Keying in her password, the door automatically opened.

Walking inside the seemingly empty house, she closed the door took off her shoes and socks off. She glanced around the house, noting some lights were on but there was no sign of her boyfriend in the house. "Taehyung, I'm home," she called for her boyfriend but no reply came.

She proceeded to the living room and looked at the kitchen area where Taehyung always spent his time cooking, but still, there was no sign of him.

Suddenly, both arms approached from behind and enveloped her form like a ghost.

"I got you now..." the hushed voice whispered at her ears.

"Get away from me!" Siyeon's panic level spiked as she raised her hand and tried to get out of their grasp.

"Hey, relax-relax! It's me." Siyeon glanced up and saw her boyfriend looking worryingly down at her. Her breathing slowed as she saw his familiar face.

"Taehyung..." Siyeon felt relieved as it was just her boyfriend. For a second there, she thought it was someone else. Siyeon might have a cold front in the agency, but she is the easiest to get frightened when someone try to scare her.

"Don't scare me like that..." Siyeon started to tear up and Taehyung quickly pulled her into a big hug, trying to calm her down.

"I'm just joking. I'm sorry, okay?" He said they went back and forth. Taehyung felt guilty for teasing Siyeon, as he didn't know she was easily affected. Siyeon nodded as she forgave him. Taehyung released his hug and cupped her face, giving a quick soft kiss on her lips and her forehead.

"You must be tired, right? Go hit the shower first while I will make dinner for us," said him.

"I'm sorry. I can't have dinner with you today. Lee's family invited me and my friends for dinner at their house tonight."

"Well then. Guess I have to eat alone," he pouted.

"Ask Matthew to come over? Besides, he'll also be alone now because Dami has some work to do until midnight," said Siyeon.

"Okay~" Taehyung smiled down at her.

Siyeon grabbed his hand dragging him with her. "Let's go," she said.

"W-where are we going?"

"Bathroom. Gonna take a shower."

"But I already had one just now."

"Well then. Guess I have to take a bath alone." Siyeon made a pouting face and Taehyung realized his girlfriend is copying him.

"Are you copying me?" his eyes squinted in mock affronted.

"Nope," she said shortly, still making a pouting face.

Taehyung finally gave up as her cute face was melting him. "Alright, I will accompany you m'lady."

Siyeon grinned and pulled him to the bathroom and they took a shower together.
_____________

Later that night, Sua, Siyeon, Handong and Yoohyeon have arrived at Lee's house. They got out of their vehicles together and walked to Lee's front door. Sua pushed the doorbell button and they waited for someone to open the door. Then, the door opened to see Mr Lee.

"Honey, they're here~," said Mr Lee to his wife.

"Hello, Mr Lee." They bowed and greeted him.

Walking through the double doors, Mrs Lee went into the living room to greet them. "Girls! Come-come. Let's go inside."

"Thank you, Mrs Lee." They went inside the house and off to the side, Gahyeon was walking downstairs and saw the group of agents had arrived.

"Unnies!" Gahyeon quickly went down and ran towards them as she hugged everyone.

"Hey, Gahyeon." Siyeon patted Gahyeon's head and smiled.

"Where's Dami unnie?"

"She had work to do. She said she can't come for tonight," said Sua.

"It's okay. At least you guys are here but I miss Jiu unnie right now." Gahyeon told them.

"She's still recovering and she said that she misses you too. You can visit her tomorrow if you want? She will be happy to see you," spoke Yoohyeon.

"Really? Okay! I will visit her tomorrow. Let's go to the dining area!" The girls smiling at her happy attitude followed Gahyeon to the dining room. Just as they arrived, Xiumin appeared in the entryway, having just closed the doors.

"Oh? Look who just arrived," said Siyeon teasingly, causing Handong to blush. They turned around and glanced at the new guest.

"Hey, girls." Xiumin greeted them.

"Hey Xiumin~," said the girls except for Handong as she smirked at him. Xiumin glanced at her, his face turning red as he saw Handong smiling softly at him. He coughed to mask his sudden bout of shyness. 

"Alright, let's leave these lovebirds alone." Yoohyeon pushed her friends into the dining area and left Handong and Xiumin alone. Handong went to approach him and she put her hands around his shoulders as Xiumin put his hands around her waist.

"I don't know that you will come," said Handong.

"Well,  I'm Mr Lee's assistant and Gahyeon's brother, remember?" said Xiumin.

"Sorry, I forgot."

"I miss you, you know?"

"Really, how much did you miss me?" Xiumin went closer and brushed his lips on hers, as he gave a soft kiss on her lips. His action becoming more confident as he tried to tell her how much he missed her.

They broke their liplock and he smirked. "Too much, Handong. Too much."

"Well, we're both busy with our job."

"What about we go out and watch GP race together this Sunday?"

Handong's eyes widened, as she grinned. "You know how much I love GP race. Reminds me when I was still a GP racer."

"Great, I will come to your house at 9?"

"I can't wait." The lovebirds chuckled and went into the dining area together. Then, someone rung the doorbell from the front door.

"I will open it." Gahyeon proceeded to the living area and went to the front door. As soon as she opened it, she didn't expect her love to be coming for dinner at her house.

"Hyungwon oppa!" Gahyeon jumped onto Hyungwon, supporting her weight as she hooked her legs around his waist and wrapped her hands around his neck.

"Hey, Lucy." He grinned and gave her a soft peck on her lips.

"I thought you have work today?" she asked.

"Your dad invited me. I couldn't refuse my future father-in-law's invitation."

Gahyeon chuckled. "Oppa, you're bad."

"It's not a tough choice. Besides, I miss my girlfriend. Sorry, I can't spend time with you like we used to."

"It's okay. I understand, oppa. Must be hard to work outside with unstable heat and temperature."

"Don't worry, I am strong."

"I know. My boyfriend is really strong. That's why he can lift me up like this and always protect me." They chuckled and shared one last kiss. Then, Hyungwon put her down, breaking their liplock.

"Let's go inside. They must be waiting for you." Gahyeon grabbed his hand and invited him inside to join with the others for dinner.

Meanwhile...

Taehyung and Matthew went to the pub, near Matthew's neighbourhood area. Since both of their girlfriends had been busy with work and received a dinner invitation, they decided to have some drinks together.

"Why'd you suddenly ask me out, Taehyung?" asked Matthew to his cousin.

"Siyeon asked me to hang out with you today," said Taehyung.

"Why? Because both our girlfriends are not here with us tonight?"

"How did you know she's busy?"

"Just a guess. Well, Dami had to do her solo mission."

"Siyeon got a dinner invitation from Lee's family. Remember the cute girl when we came to save them from the gangsters at the street food?"

"Yeah, I remember." Suddenly, Matthew's expression changed. Taehyung noted how gloomy his face turned.

"Yo, what's wrong?" Taehyung asked.

"Nothing, it's just..."

"What?"

"I don't know why I'm worried about Dami since this morning."

"Did she do something suspicious?"

"No. I had a bad dream last night."

"Okay, so what did you dream about?"

"I saw....her in my dream and she's..." Matthew paused, seemingly hard to get out his words.

"She's what, Matt?" Taehyung urged Matthew to continue.

"She's on fire, bro. I tried to save her but I couldn't move and I watched until she turned into ash." Matthew's breath hitched as he told Taehying. Not trying to think of a life without Dami while Taehyung tried to calm him down.

"Dude, relax. It's just a nightmare. I'm sure she'll be fine."

"I don't know, Taehyung. She told me not to worry about her. But, when I watched her drove away from the HQ,  I started to get more worried and I still can't calm down until now."

"Dude, listen. She had been into solo mission many times. She's just doing her job as an agent. All you can do is just keep praying for her safety. Don't think negatively too much." Matthew listened to his cousin and nodded, a good idea to try to calm his nerves rather than worry himself to death.

"Thanks, bro," said Matthew and Taehyung patted his back.

"No problem. Enjoy your drink. I will pay," said Taehyung and they had some drinks.

_____________

The girls were enjoying their dinner together with Lee's family including Xiumin and Hyungwon.

"So Hyungwon, how's your work so far?" asked Mr Lee.

"Everything is great, Mr Lee," Hyungwoon replied with a smile.

"Must be tough to work outside the office every day, right?" added Mrs Lee.

"It's okay, Mrs Lee. I'm already used to work with the heat."

"Hyungwon oppa is strong person, mom." Gahyeon interrupted their conversation and Hyungwon just chuckled with his girlfriend's behaviour.

"This is the only thing that we can do for now. We wanted to repay your kindness after saving our daughter from dying eight years ago." Mr Lee owed Hyungwon a lot after what he had done for Gahyeon.

"We truly owe you, Hyungwon. Thank you," added Mrs Lee.

"It's nothing, Mr and Mrs Lee. I'm glad that I can finally meet her again," said Hyungwon.

"Thank you for giving Hyungwon oppa a job and accept him in our family, dad." Gahyeon also felt thankful as her family accepted her lover into her family. After she had her memories back, she told everything to them and her family agreed to help him and didn't mind if he had to work with the gangsters.

"How's your mother's condition by the way?" Sua asked.

"She's doing great. The surgery went well but she had to wait for 2 weeks until her eyes are fully recovered."

"Glad to hear that," said Siyeon.

"It's all because of Madam Yoona who helped me and my mother."

"It's hard to find someone like her. She always helps people who needed it, even though she is always busy," said Mr Lee.

"Not just her. Jiu was the one that told her. You should thank her later, Hyungwon." added Mrs Lee.

"Sure, I'll come by to visit tomorrow and say my thanks to her."

"I want to come too," said Gahyeon.

"Very well, we will visit her together tomorrow, okay?" Gahyeon nodded and grinned as she wrapped her hands around Hyungwon's right arm.

"Aww, look at those lovebirds. Makes us feel single again...." said Sua.

"Except Dongie," added Yoohyeon.

"Jealous," Handong smirked.

"So Hyungwon, when are you going propose to our daughter?" Mr Lee suddenly asked the big question as the girls almost spat their drinks from their mouth.

"Too early, Mr Lee. It's still too early," said Yoohyeon as she coughed from the water choking her.

"Dad! I'm still studying," exclaimed Gahyeon to her dad.

"What? I'm just asking."

"Let her finish her studying first, Mr Lee," said Siyeon.

"Siyeon's right, Mr Lee. Besides, Gahyeon is still young to get married. I don't want to lose my little sister too early," Xiumin's lips were set in a line.

"Dongie, go comfort your boyfriend," said Sua to her friend.

"Stop crying. Done." Handong ordered him shorthandedly.

"Handong unnie is not romantic at all," deadpanned Gahyeon and the others nodded.

"At least, she's a good kisser." Xiumin teased and laughed with the rest.

"I-I didn't hear anything!" Handong covered her ears and looked down then covering her red blushing face as the occupants on the table laughed.

_____________

The elite police were already well-prepared with their suits, including their vest protection along with their CQBR rifles. All of them were gathered outside of the headquarter and waiting for their commander and their leader, Dami. Five minutes later, both of them walked out from the headquarter as the squad glanced at them.

"Sorry to make everyone waiting," said Dami. Everyone was stood in curiosity as they realized Dami hadn't put on the elite uniform and just wore her black suit as they saw earlier.

"Umm...Miss Dami?" one of the squad members raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"Why are you not wearing the uniform like us?" he asked.

"Hmm... Because the protective vest is for the weak and noobs." The whole squad stopped and looked at each other. Even the Commander was a little surprised.

"W-what do you mean, Miss Dami?"

"If someone wants to protect the country from chaos, they don't have to be selfish and think of their safety instead thinking of the people in the country which is more important. Our job is to protect and what I mean by protecting is we have to sacrifice ourselves for the country." The rest remained silent with her words. Seemingly not knowing how to react by her statement. But suddenly, Dami burst out laughing and they were even more confused.

"Oh my god. You guys just took in what I said seriously," Dami snorted.

"Eh?"

"I'm just joking. I don't want to wear that uniform because it's too thick, it's always big on my body and it's really hot as . I just prefer to wear my suit." Even with the situation cleared, none of the squad members was laughing.

"Man, I should control my joke sometimes," she said offhandedly.

"I thought she's like a demon when she almost killed our member and now, she suddenly becomes a joker." One of the members whispered to the person beside him but he didn't realize Dami can hear it.

"Hey... I heard that." She gave a death glare to them as they looked down.

"Okay, that's enough. We have a mission to do. Hope we can make this quick because someone is waiting for me at home right now."

"Yes, Miss Dami!" the squad heard her orders and quickly went inside the truck as Dami and the Commander watched them go.

"May I ask who that you mentioned just now, Miss Dami?" the Commander spoke out and asked her.

"My fiancé. Well, he didn't let me do this mission but I couldn't just withdraw. It's an order from my boss and I have to finish it. I told him I will come back as soon as possible," she said.

"Well then, we have to hurry. Don't want to make your fiancé wait for you."

"Thank you, Commander," As soon as their conversation ended, they went inside the truck and went to the complete their mission.

45 minutes later, they arrived at the abandoned nightclub building. The squad got out from the truck one by one including Dami and the Commander. As soon as all the team gathered around, they waited for the next order from Dami.

"Split up. Team B, go to the back of the building."

"Yes, Miss Dami," said the commander as he led Team B to the back of the building.

Dami, who was leading Team A went to the narrow street where there was a secret entrance was located. As they arrived, Dami lifted her hands with an open palm as she asked them to stop. They stopped immediately. She walked to the door and tried to twist the doorknob.

"It's locked," she said. Then, the Commander spoke to her through the earpiece.

"Miss Dami, we found an exit behind and it's locked."

"Understood," she replied. She turned around and looked at her team.

"You know what to do," she told her team and they nodded. Then, one of the members took out a mini bomb and placed it on the door.

"Team B ready?" said Dami to Team B.

"Yes, Miss Dami."

"Set countdown now." The squad heard her orders and set the timer on the bomb for 5 seconds. Then, they quickly moved aside as it started ticking. Then, the bomb blew up, destroying the door and the squad as instructed marched inside the building. The workers inside were shocked when they saw the police elite squad suddenly appearing and had surrounded the place.

"Hands up! This place has been surrounded!" the commander and the squad aimed the rifle at them as he ordered them to surrender.

Meanwhile, on the second floor, two workers were trying to escape through the window but they didn't realize someone was behind them.

"Where do you think you're going?" they heard a deep female voice from behind. They turned around quickly and saw a blonde hair girl in a suit who seemed familiar.

"You..." As one of the workers recognized her, she quickly made her move and knocked down both of them. Just then, two members of the squad arrived and she asked them to put the unconscious workers downstairs with the rest. As soon they were gone and left her alone, she felt something was wrong.

"Why..." she mumbled to herself and walked out as she proceeded downstairs where her squad had gathered all the drugs and workers who were involved with the illegal activity. The Commander passed one of the packs of drugs to Dami as he wanted to make sure if they were the same drugs that she had been looking for.

"Yeah, It's Angel Dust..." she confirmed with the Commander.

"Take these guys into the truck, now," she ordered to the squad.

"Yes, Miss Dami." They took the workers out of the building and left her and the Commander alone with the Angel Dust as they had to burn all the drugs into ashes.

"It's strange..." she suddenly spoke out.

"What is it, Miss Dami?" asked the Commander.

"This is an S mission, but... why is completing this mission so easy..." she still felt worried about her mission.

"Maybe...the luck is on our side today?" the Commander tried to joke around but Dami just remained silent and he finally shut his mouth. Dami went back to the table with the drugs as she proceeded to finish the last step before completing the mission.

"Burn it all, Commander," said Dami. He nodded and asked the elite officer to get the oil petrol for him. Then, the officer came back with the petrol and the commander opened the bottle and poured oil onto the drugs. While the Commander was pouring the oil on the drugs, Dami's phone rang. As she tried to grab the phone from her pocket, she accidentally dropped the phone on the floor.

She bent down to grab her phone and suddenly she noticed a time bomb had been ticking under the table where all the drugs were. Her eyes widened as she realized what was about to happen. She whipped around towards the commander seeing as the already lit up the match thrown, into the pile of drugs.

"Get away from there, Commander!" Dami jumped towards him and pushed him away from the area. Dami didn't have time to escape as the bomb activated...
.

.

.

.

And fire swallowed up the building.

.

.

.

.

"MISS DAMI!!!"


 

End Of Chapter 45.