Chapter 28: Remember Me

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"Lee...Gahyeon?" Hyungwon couldn't believe it was Gahyeon, a girl who he was close with when she was little and the only girl that was always by his side. 

"Yes oppa, it's me," Gahyeon chuckled softly.

"Y-you...remember me?" Hyungwon still couldn't believe it.

Gahyeon showed her silver star necklace around her neck. 

"Mom told me that a guy left this necklace for me when I was in coma at the hospital five years ago. It's funny 'cause, before I got into the accident, I remember asking you which star you wanted if you could go up in space and reach it. You said it was a secret but you would've given it to me after you caught it. I still wear this necklace, because I know that one day, I will remember and find the person who gave this to me."

"Gahyeon... I-I..."

"Oppa... Why did you leave me? Why didn't you see me again?"

"I'm sorry, Gahyeon. I heard from the doctor that you've lost your memory after the accident... but now I'm so happy... that I finally get to meet you again," Hyungwon smiled. He felt elated as his tears started to stream down his cheeks.

"Oppa... " 

"Y-yes? " Gahyeon moved and hugged Hyungwon tightly. 

"Did you miss me?" 

"Gahyeon..." He patted her back as he tried to compose himself. 

"Yeah... I missed you a lot. Every night I always dreamed about you. I thought that I would never see you again."

"Oppa, you don't have to worry and feel sad about me anymore," Gahyeon sat back on his bed, as both of her hands moved and cupped Hyungwon's face. She looked deep into his eyes.

"Because from now on I will always be by your side... " Gahyeon put her lips onto Hyungwon's as her lips started to move against his. He didn't try to stop her as he didn't want to. They pulled apart as they gasped for air. 

"I'm... such a bad kisser, right?" Gahyeon tried to laughed it off. He shook his head as he replied Gahyeon's question. Gahyeon sat across his lap and wrapped her hands around his neck. 

"It's my first time kissing someone... and I'm glad it's you, Hyungwon oppa."

"I.. it's my first time too... "

"Really?"

"Yeah, and I'm also glad that my first kiss was... from my first love," he pulled her close to him, his hands moving to her lower back and holding her at the nape of her neck. He moved his face closer to hers and pressed his lips softly onto Gahyeon's plump lips. He started to caress across her body, landing his hands on her waist. Gahyeon wasn't idle, gripping his hair behind his head and raking her fingers through his hair. 

While they were cuddling on the bed, they didn't realize that Yoohyeon was peeking from the doorway. The couple inside didn't realize this, but she came across Gahyeon inside the room and found her kissing Hyungwon on the bed. 

"Gahyeon... what are you doing?" she mumbled to herself as she didn't know what led Gahyeon to kiss the ex gang member.

"Don't tell me... you're Lucy?" as she looked on, still shocked by what she just saw, Sua's voice reached upstairs as she and the others were waiting for Yoohyeon and Gahyeon.

"Namu! C'mon we have to go!" 

"Wait! I haven't found Gahyeon yet!" Yoohyeon shouted back. She hoped Gahyeon heard it so she can save face and avoid getting unnecessary questions. She heard Gahyeon quickly got up from Hyungwon's bed and sat back on the chair, pretending nothing had happened. Yoohyeon schooled her face and pushed the door open and pretended she didn't see anything improper happen between the two occupants in the room.

"There you are, Gahyeon. I was looking for you everywhere," said Yoohyeon.

"Hey, Yoohyeon unnie. Sorry, I was talking to Hyungwon oppa."

"Come, let's go. It's time to go home."

"You go first, I will be there in a minute," as Gahyeon asked Yoohyeon to leave first, Yoohyeon didn't reply as she walked out of the room and went downstairs.

"I have to go, oppa. You take care of yourself and take some rest," Gahyeon was about to leave but Hyungwon stopped her as he grasped her hand. 

"Can I see you again, Lu... I mean Gahyeon."

"You still can call me Lucy if you want and we will definitely meet again," Hyungwon slowly let go of her hand, staring longingly at her as she walked out of the room.

She went downstairs where Jiu and the others were waited for her.

"Where have you been, Gahyeon?" asked Sua.

"I... um... I was talking to Hyungwon oppa in his room."

"That's why Yoohyeon couldn't find you anywhere, right Namu?" Dami looked at Yoohyeon who remained silent for awhile. She poked her with her elbow and Yoohyeon came back from her dreamland. 

"Huh? Ouh yeah, right." 

"Let's go girls and ajumma, I hope Hyungwon can give a big help to the police," said Jiu to ajumma. 

"I will try to talk to him. Thank you for helping me."

The girls all went on Sua's vehicle except Handong who was riding with her bike. As they went back to Gahyeon's house, Yoohyeon looked at Gahyeon as she remembered what happened in Hyungwon's room. Gahyeon turned her head as she spotted Yoohyeon was staring at her. 

"What is it, unnie?"

"Huh? N-nothing... Nothing," she quickly turned her head back and looked outside the window. Gahyeon looked at Yoohyeon curiously.

As they arrived back to Gahyeon's house, they went inside the house and sat on the couch. Gahyeon was the last person that went inside as she felt weak and walked slowly. 

"Yo, Gahyeon. What's wrong?"

"I'm... hungry."

"Sh*t, we forgot that you still haven't eaten yet. Sua, go to the kitchen and see if Mrs Lee put some leftover in the fridge?" Jiu asked Sua as she went to the kitchen to find some food in the fridge.

"Yeah, there's some... Honey lemon chicken, I guess. I will go heat it up but there's no rice. But I found packs of ramyeon inside the cabinet."

"It's okay, we can have a ramyeon night together. But still... Siyeon unnie isn't here again," Gahyeon looked upset as she missed Siyeon.

"Well, she's still recovering, Gahyeon. Maybe she will join us later but right now, she still needs to stay home and rest. I don't know what she's doing right now..."

At Siyeon's house. 

Siyeon sat on the couch, watching TV while Taehyung was busy preparing for dinner in the kitchen.

"You need any help, Taehyung?" Siyeon called out from the living room. 

"It's okay, angel. I'm already done," Taehyung carried the dishes and walked to the living room.

"Food has arrived~" he placed the dishes on the coffee table. 

"So, what's for dinner tonight?" Siyeon leaned forward to get a better look at the food.

"Squid fried rice," Taehyung showed with jazzy hands as extra effect.

"Sua bought me octopus for my lunch, and you made me squid fried rice for dinner," Sua stated as she funnily thought that the meal for the day was seafood.

"What, you don't like it? If you don't, I will go prepare another dish for you."

"No-no, I'm just saying it. I will eat well~" Siyeon picked up a spoon on her plate and tasted the food.

"So, how is it?" asked Taehyung.

"Delicious as always," Siyeon smiled and dived for another bite, enjoying the food. 

"Here, say ah~" Siyeon held up a spoonful of fried rice to Taehyung. He opened his mouth but Siyeon played a little joke on him as the spoon went slowly to Taehyung. When he came closer to Siyeon, she gave a quick peck on Taehyung's forehead. Taehyung sat back a little, staring at her in shock.

"Thank you," Siyeon whispered to him and smiled. He kissed Siyeon's lips in response. They chuckled and had a nice dinner for the night. 

At Hyungwon's house.

Hyungwon and his mother had dinner in the house together. They didn't talk much as they didn't have any topic to discuss or maybe they are simply avoiding the elephant in the room. His mother was hesitating to tell him about what she and the six agents agreed upon just a few hours ago.

"Son, can I tell you something?"

"What is it mom?"

"The girls asked me to discuss this with you about giving you to the police to testify about the gangsters and the drugs they made."

Hyungwon nodded, "I was thinking the same thing. It's better if I just surrender than getting caught by them."

"But.. I'm scared for you. What if you go to jail?" her mother sobbed, fearing that she might lose her son if he got sent to jail for a long period of time. 

"Mom, don't worry. I'm gonna be fine even if I have to go to jail. I've learnt my mistake. I will go to the police station tomorrow," Hyungwon hugged his mother as he tried to calm her down. 

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"It's okay, I will go by myself. After dinner, I will go to the Lee's house and tell the agents about it." Resolving the situation however unfair it was, they continued having a pleasant dinner. 

---------------

Sua was busy cooking ramyeon in the kitchen and Jiu, who decided to help was chopping some vegetables while the others sat waiting on a couch in the living room. All except for Gahyeon who was taking a shower upstairs. Meanwhile, Handong was checking the bruise she got from Hyungwon. Yoohyeon and Dami looked perturbed as the bruise had turned a shade of darker blue, almost turning purple. All they could agree is that it looked terrible.

"Does it still hurt, Dongie?" asked Dami.

"Yeah, a little bit."

"A little? Dude, that bruise is the same size as my hand. You need to have that checked up in a hospital tomorrow."

Handong waved her hand dismissively, "Yeah-yeah, I know. I'll go."

"Do you still need ice for the bruise?"

"It's okay. I'm alright...for now." 

"Yoohyeon, Dami, could you give us a hand and get bowls and chopsticks at the cabinet?" Sua called out from the kitchen.

"Yes, mom!" They got up from the couch and did what Sua told them to do.

Upstairs, Gahyeon was done taking a shower. She put her clothes on and combed her hair while looking into the mirror. Her eyes landed on the necklace around her neck that Hyungwon gave five years ago. As she remembered the intimate moment they shared, she touched her lips as she still could feel the kiss that she and Hyungwon exchanged.

"It's so embarrassing," she muttered to herself and smirked at the memory. Then, someone was knocking on her door room.

"Gahyeon, dinner's ready," Jiu 's voice came through. 

"Okay, unnie," replied Gahyeon. She put her comb on the desk and walked to the door. She opened and walked out from her bedroom and went downstairs through the dining room where the girls were already sitting around the table. 

She sat with them and they had a simple dinner, not caring it was only ramyeon. They enjoyed eating together especially Yoohyeon who couldn't control her appetite. 

After they finished their dinner, Yoohyeon and Dami took up the job to wash the dishes while others sat on the couch and watched TV.

"So Gahyeon, are you full now?" asked Handong.

"Yeah, unnie. I'm full even though we only ate ramyeon."

Not long after, a doorbell suddenly rang as they thought it was Mrs Lee who came back from visiting her friend's house. 

"I will open it," said Jiu. She went to the door and opened it about to greet Mrs Lee. But it was not who she was expecting.

"Hyungwon, why are you here?" the girls heard who she greeted, including Gahyeon.

"Actually, I want to tell you that tomorrow I will go to the police station to testify for their investigation."

"That's great, Hyungwon." Jiu felt glad that Hyungwon decided to surrender to the police voluntarily.

"I... " His face expression changed as he thought of something.

"What's wrong, Hyungwon?"

"If... I'm sent to jail, will you girls please take care of my mother?" Jiu was focused on his words for a minute as she understood his meaning. She didn't know if Hyungwon would be sent to jail or not. But, the most she could do was follow his request as it's the only thing she and her team can help. 

"Yes, we will. Don't worry," said Jiu. 

"Thank you. Well, I should go now. Sorry if I was disturbing you girls. Good night," Hyungwon bowed and left the house.

A short while after he left Gahyeon's house to walk back home, someone was shouting his name. He recognized the voice.

"Hyungwon oppa!" he turned around and saw Gahyeon who was running towards him and stopped as she took deep breaths.

"Lucy, what's wrong?" asked Hyungwon. 

"Oppa... do you... want to leave me again?"

"Lucy, I.. have to. I've done bad things and--" Gahyeon suddenly pulled Hyungwon in a tight hug as she cried. 

"I don't care if you're doing bad things or become a criminal, I don't want to lose you anymore. I told you that I will stay by your side!" Hyungwon couldn't control his sadness after watching Gahyeon cry. 

"Lucy, I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do. I will go to the police station tomorrow. At least, I still want to take care of my mother before I'd be sent to jail."

Gahyeon scrunched her face, "Don't say it like you will go to jail, oppa! We just reunited today and suddenly you're telling me that you will leave me. How could you, oppa!" 

Gahyeon slammed her fist on Hyungwon's chest showing how upset she was for the situation they're in. Hyungwon didn't feel anything except the sadness that Gahyeon caused by her teary outburst.
He held her hands as she stopped hitting him. He let it go and touched her face as he wiped her tears off. 

"Lucy, I promise I will never forget you. I will always remember you if I spend my life in jail."

"I want to come with you, I will send you there tomorrow. I don't want to leave you alone."

"Thank you, Lucy."

"Promise me, that you will remember me?"

"I promise." Gahyeon grabbed his collar, pulling him forward and she kissed him. The girls watched those two lovebirds quietly from behind as they heard what transpired between Gahyeon and Hyungwon.

"I don't understand, how did Gahyeon know Hyungwon?" questioned Jiu. 

"Jiu, Gahyeon is Lucy."

"W-what?!" they were shocked by Yoohyeon's piece of information

"How did you know?" asked Handong. 

"Remember when ajumma told us about Lucy who got an accident when she was on her way back home five years ago? Before that, I spoke with Gahyeon in her room and I saw her star necklace on her neck. She told me that it was not from her parents. Someone gave it to her but she didn't remember who. Don't you girls think that Lucy's incident could be related with Gahyeon who lost her childhood memory?"

"I think Namu just said something smart," said Dami. 

"Sorry?" Yoohyeon questioned.

"It could be possible but we have to talk to Gahyeon about it," spoke Sua. 

"Talk to me about what?" Gahyeon heard everything. They turned around and they all jumped like they saw a ghost in front of them.

"Did you spy on me?" Gahyeon looked at them with her creepy face. 

"We... err... want to know what's between you and Hyungwon 'cause you never told us about him," said Jiu. 

Gahyeon sighed defeated, ".... I think it's time I tell you girls that I had amnesia when I was 12..."

End Of Chapter 28.