Chapter 26: Tell The Truth

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

Siyeon finished working after being stuck at her office for one tedious day. She got up from her seat supported with her two hands and grabbed her stuff before she headed out and locked her office door. While walking to the elevator, her abdomen, more specifically where the stitches were started to feel pain. She slowed to a stop in front of the elevator door as she held her stomach, gritting her teeth as the pain worsened the longer she waited. She looked up at the tiny monitor when the elevator dinged signaling it arrived at level 9 and the door slid open. She walked inside and pushed the button marked 'LG' as the door closed.

The elevator went straight down to the ground floor as Siyeon held her breath, hoping the pain will let up. Then, she saw blood slowly started to seep through her dress shirt.

"Dammit. The stitches opened," mumbled Siyeon as she groaned in pain.

Arriving at the ground floor, the elevator door opened and she walked out slowly, slightly leaning on the metal doors. As she walked, her sight started to get blurry. Her eyes rolled back and she suddenly crumpled to the cold floor. The agents who saw Siyeon cried in alarm.

"Guys, someone collapsed!" shouted one of the male agents as they ran to Siyeon. 

"Oh my... It's Miss Siyeon!" said another agent. Two familiar male agents appeared at the commotion. They tried to look between the heads of the crowd and saw Siyeon lying on the ground unconscious.

"Siyeon!" one of the male agents pushed the crowd away and knelt down next to Siyeon. He held Siyeon up cradling her head on the crook of his elbow. He scanned her body to see what was wrong and saw blood on Siyeon's waist. 

"She's bleeding. Move everyone!" he carried Siyeon up and went to cross the lobby.

"Hey, Taehyung! Where are you going?" shouted his friend.

"To Doctor Wendy! Come on, Matthew!" replied Taehyung. They hurried to the private room where Doctor Wendy's office and clinic were located.

At the same time, Doctor Wendy was packing her things into her bag when suddenly the door to her clinic slid open. She looked up a little miffed and was about to tell them off for not knocking until she saw who barged in. Her eyes widened when she saw Siyeon who was carried by an agent who she had met before along with agent Matthew a little behind them.

"Doctor Wendy, please help," Taehyung puffed, a little out of breath by his exertion from the main lobby and worry for his girlfriend's state.

"What's wrong with agent Siyeon?" asked Doctor Wendy. 

"We saw her faint just now and she's bleeding on her waist," Matthew replied.

"Put her on the bed," Taehyung nodded and placed Siyeon carefully on the bed. Just then, Matthew's cellphone rang and he moved to the door to answer his call.

"I will wait outside," Matthew walked out of the room, leaving Taehyung alone with Doctor Wendy. She took off Siyeon's clothes and cut the bandages carefully with a pair of scissors. Moving the loose bandages away, she inspected her waist where blood oozed out. She was shocked when she saw stitches drenched under her blood.

"The stitches are wide open. When did she get this?" Doctor Wendy asked Taehyung.

"Two days ago after a fight with some gangsters." Doctor Wendy took a bottle of anesthesia medicine from a cupboard and a syringe and went back to Siyeon. She turned the bottle upside down and carefully drew some inside the syringe. Making sure there were no bubbles inside, she injected near Siyeon's stitch to give her a quick but temporary feel of no pain. Siyeon groaned in discomfort and it made Taehyung feel more worried. Gathering a bundle of gauzes, she cleaned Siyeon's wound as much as she could. Looking at the suture materials for the stitching, Taehyung inwardly thanked whichever physicians or chemists who made anesthesia as a necessity for medicine.

"She's supposed to take a a lot of rest. Her wound will be a lot more serious of she moves too much. What in the world made her come to work today?" Doctor Wendy scolded.

"She told me she has a lot of work to do in the office," Taehyung replied.

"She told you? Wow, it's been a long time since she didn't speak to any man. What's changed her mind?" Taehyung remained silent and watched Doctor Wendy stitch Siyeon's wound. After cutting the surgical suture, Doctor leaned back and took off the medical gloves. 

"Alright, I'm done. I'll be right back," she walked out of the room and went to the restroom. Taehyung sat beside Siyeon and he held her hand while he reached up and brushed her hair with his fingertips. 

As if sensing his touch, Siyeon slowly opened her eyes and realized she was in Doctor Wendy's room and saw Taehyung next to her. 

Siyeon reached her hand up, holding his hand to her cheek, "Taehyung..." Siyeon murmured.

"Yes, I'm here."

"You... didn't go home?"

"I saw miss Sua going home alone. So I just waited for you 'till you finished. Then, I saw people gathering around you when you were lying on the floor. You were unconscious."

"You... brought me to Doctor Wendy, didn't you?" 

"I told you already. You didn't have to go to work today. You know how much I've been worrying about you."

"I know... and I'm sorry."

"Doctor Wendy told me that you have to rest more. Don't think about work for a while."

"I understand..." Taehyung kissed Siyeon's hand as a small smile lit up her face. Suddenly, Doctor Wendy and Matthew came into the room and saw Taehyung and Siyeon holding their hands.

"I see now," Doctor Wendy smirked while Matthew stared in shock. The couple could only smile as they wouldn't be able to explain out of their situation. They were caught.

"Hey Taehyung, when did... how did you... miss Siyeon..." Matthew's words jumbled as he couldn't speak properly.

"What's wrong Matt? Cat got your tongue?" Taehyung teased his cousin.

"So Siyeon, feeling any pain?" asked Doctor Wendy. Siyeon turned to the doctor as she replied her question.

"I'm feeling fine, thank you," added Siyeon.

"Don't thank me. Thank these two 'cause they brought you here just in time before I went home. You're always so focused on your work than your health all the time. Did you tell her, Agent... I don't remember your name... Taehyung?"

Taehyung nodded to her question and confirmed his name, "Yes, I already told her but she said that she would be in the office for today."

"Even if she's working in the office, the stitches can still open. For now, don't go to work until you're fully healed. Doctor's orders, do you understand Siyeon?"

"Yeah-yeah I got it."

"And you, agent Taehyung. Keep your eyes on her."

"I understand."

"You didn't answer my question yet. How and when did you and Siyeon get together?" Matthew still wanted the answer about Taehyung and Siyeon's relationship. They all laughed together.

----------------

Sua was driving to the Lee's house as fast as she could. She tried to arrive at the location as early in her late timescale as she could but still adhering the traffic law. Unlike Handong and Dami who always got fines every single time they drive to locations because of their need for speed mindset. As she arrived at the house, she saw the girls still outside, waiting for her. 

"She's here," Handong spotted Sua's car two blocks from Lee's house. Sua parked her car behind Dami's and got out of her car and locked it. 

"Sorry girls. The traffic really went on forever."

"Yeah-yeah whatever. We've been waiting for too long," muttered Yoohyeon.

"At least I'm here now."

"Alright girls, let's go inside," They walked up the front door and opened it slightly.

"Hello, anybody home?" Jiu called out. A second later, Mrs. Lee came out from the kitchen after she heard someone's voice. 

"Oh, it's you," said Mrs Lee.

"Hello Mrs Lee. Where is your husband and Gahyeon?" asked Jiu.

"My husband's still not home yet and Gahyeon... something's not right with her."

"What do you mean?" asked Yoohyeon.

"She didn't talk at all or spoke anything. She didn't even want to eat since yesterday."

"Where is she now?" added Dami.

"She's in her room. Can you girls check her upstairs? I want to go to my friend's house right now."

"Yeah, sure. Do you want us to send you there?" asked Sua.

"It's okay. I will drive there by myself. Please cheer her up. I don't know why she's like this."

"We will, be safe," said Handong.

"Thank you. See you girls later." Mrs Lee walked to the front door and left the house. The girls went upstairs and walked to Gahyeon's room. Jiu knocked the door but there were no response from Gahyeon. 

"Gahyeon, it's me. Jiu and the others. We know you're in there."

"Leave me alone," Gahyeon muffled voice replied.

"Gahyeon, please. Let us in. Your mom is worried about you."

"I said leave me alone!" Gahyeon shouted. 

Sua turned to Jiu, "It's no use, Jiu. She really hates us."

"We can't let her be moody just like that. We need to talk to her." 

"Maybe she'll calm down by herself. Let's go. I'm still not finished with the surveillance cameras yet." Dami and and the others went to the guest room, except Yoohyeon who was still standing in front of Gahyeon's door. 

"Namu, let's go," said Jiu.

"Err... I want to go to the bathroom. I will be there later." Yoohyeon walked away and turned to the corner where the bathroom was but she didn't go inside.

She hid at the corner and peeked around to see if her friends left to help Dami. Seeing no one, she went back to Gahyeon's room but hesitated to knock on her door, as she thought that she would get shouted at by Gahyeon again. She gathered her wits and knocked on the door. 

"Gahyeon, it's me. Yoohyeon."

"I said go away! I don't want to see any of you."

"It's just me, alone. I know that you're mad because we lied to you but we had to. Please let me talk to you, just for a second," Yoohyeon tried to comfort Gahyeon as she really wanted to talk to her. 

"It's not locked," Gahyeon finally changed her mind as she let Yoohyeon come into her room. Yoohyeon twisted the doorknob and entered Gahyeon's room. She closed the door and turned around trying to make out where Gahyeon was in the dark room. 

"It's already evening. Why didn't you switch on the light?" Yoohyeon searched for a light switch as she felt along the wall. Then, she found it and switched the lights on. The room was bright and she blinked her eyes quickly so her eyes could adjust. 

She saw Gahyeon who looked like she hadn't moved from her bed since morning as she played with her necklace, her body enveloped with her blanket. Yoohyeon came near her as she sat on the corner of her bed. 

"C'mon Gahyeon. How long are you gonna be like this?"asked Yoohyeon.

"Forever," said Gahyeon shortly. 

"Look, I know that you're mad at us because we didn't tell you the truth from the beginning, but trust me; we're doing this for your own good." 

"I never knew that you girls were lying to me. I already thought you girls as my sisters but why did you keep your secret from me. What do you want from us?"

"Did you tell your parents?" Gahyeon shook her head in negative.

"Okay. It's time to tell you the truth. We are on a mission to find the leader who makes drugs in your neighborhood area. Our boss sent us here because your dad asked her if someone could take care of them, including you." Gahyeon kept silent for a while as she removed her blanket from her body and got up on her bed. 

"So it means that my dad knows about your real identity?"

"No, he didn't. Your dad doesn't know about our identities, including our boss. We work at the company called NiTE."

"Wait... I have heard about NiTE. It's a company where agents had been recruited and trained. But why are you girls different?"

"Because we are elite agents, known as spies. We are taking care of your family but at the same time we're also doing undercover to find the culprit."

"What's the difference between normal agents and spy agents?"

"Normal agents are recruited when they are 20 years old and they'll be training for 5 years. After they finished, they will go on missions like protecting people from danger which can include the Prime Minister. Elite agents like me and my members were recruited when we were still teenagers and we were handpicked by our boss. Unlike other agents, this bodyguard job is a way to cover our real identities as spies," Yoohyeon explained the difference between two groups of agents, and hoped Gahyeon understood. 

"So yesterday, Dami unnie went to the narrow street and snapped some pictures 'cause..."

"Yes, she was doing her undercover. Siyeon was supposed to join her but due to her injury, Dami had to go alone."

"And I got her busted. Maybe the gangsters saw her and I put herself into danger, didn't I?!" Gahyeon started getting panicked and her eyes started to tear up as she knew it was her fault. Yoohyeon grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug to calm Gahyeon down. 

"No, no Gahyeon, it's okay. It's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. Dami can take care of herself. If she got in danger, we will save her no matter what," Yoohyeon patted Gahyeon's hair as she managed to calm Gahyeon.

"So, you good now?" asked Yoohyeon. Gahyeon nodded and wiped her tears away. 

"Good," Yoohyeon suddenly landed her eyes on Gahyeon's star necklace.

"The necklace is beautiful, did your parents give it to you?" Gahyeon shook her head no.

"Someone gave it to me when I was twelve but I don't remember who or any of my childhood life before."

"Why?"

"I don't know... By the way where are the others?" Gahyeon changed topic as she didn't want to talk anymore on the current subject. Yoohyeon sensed that she tried to hide something but dropped it. They could talk about it later.

"Ouh... They are in the guest's room, still not done with the cameras."

"What are they for?"

"We are placing the cameras inside your house and also outside on your lawn. That way, we can see the gangsters' activities that happens around your neighborhood without going outside, plus it can provide more security for your house."

Gahyeon got up from her bed and walked out of the bedroom door, Yoohyeon following from behind. They went to the guest's room and they saw that the door was opened wide. They saw others were doing final mending with the cameras before they placed it strategically around the house and outside. 

"Girls, Gahyeon's here," shouted Yoohyeon. They stopped what they were doing and looked up at Gahyeon who was finally out of her room. 

"Gahyeon! Are you alright?" Jiu asked, worried for Gahyeon. She just nodded but remained silent as her eyes focused on Dami who was still fiddling with the camera in her hands.

"We were so worred about you," added Handong. 

"Look we know that we had been lyin--"

"Yoohyeon unnie already told me everything."

"Yoohyeon?"

"And... I'm sorry. I made your identity in jeopardy because of what I did, especially Dami unnie. I'm sorry!" Gahyeon covered her face and started to cry again as she still blamed herself. The girls didn't know what to do. Then, Dami stopped from what she was doing and went to Gahyeon. Dami patted her shoulders to stop Gahyeon from crying.

"Gahyeon, it's okay. Everything's gonna be fine, and I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday," Dami put her calming smile on her face. Gahyeon suddenly hugged her, replied in thanks for forgiving her. Dami patted her back, and others smiled warmly at the pair. 

Yoohyeon went down to the kitchen as she wanted to drink some water. Suddenly, the door bell rang, signalling someone at the front door. She went to the front door cautiously and upon opening it, she saw a woman in her mid fifties standing in front of her as she huffed for air.

"Yes, may I help you?" asked Yoohyeon politely.

"Please help me. My son, he--"

"Who's that, namu?" Jiu and the others went downstairs as they heard the door bell rang. The woman looked behind Jiu and saw Dami who she instantly recognized.

"Yoobin!" she walked inside the house and went to Dami. 

"Ajumma, what's wrong?" asked Dami. 

"My son, Hyungwon... h-he's out of control."

End Of Chapter 26.