Chapter 21: Took Care

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"Dad, it hurts!"

"It hurts, please don't do this! I'm sorry!"

"I'm begging you, dad. Please don't do this!"

"Siyeon, wake up.. "

"W-who's there?"

"Siyeon, you're dreaming. Wake up..."

"Wake up..."

--------------------

"Wake up, Siyeon. You're dreaming." Taehyung shook Siyeon's body to wake her up as he was roused from hearing Siyeon screaming from her nightmare.

"T-Taehyung..." she finally woke up, breathing heavily and found herself drenched in cold sweat. 

"Hey Siyeon, are you alright?" Taehyung wiped off her sweat on her face and rubbed her head gently hoping to calm her down.

"Y-yeah I'm fine. J-just had a dream," Siyeon said distractedly.

"Do you want some water? I'll go get some," Taehyung started to get up but Siyeon grabbed his hand stopping him.

"No Taehyung, it's okay," Siyeon refused. Taehyung laid back down on the bed and hugged Siyeon from her back as he kissed her shoulder.

"You had a nightmare, did you?" Taehyung spoke quietly at Siyeon's ear.

"Sort of..."

"It's okay, I'm here. I'll protect you."

"Thanks Taehyung," She felt comfortable and calmed down when Taehyung comforted her.

"What time is it, by the way?" Siyeon asked him.

"It's 4 a.m. right now."

"Oh shoot. Sorry for waking you up this early in the morning."

"It's okay. It's not your fault but I don't know if I can go to work tomorrow."

"Why?"

"I still feel tired after we did that thing just now," Taehyung chuckled.

"Idiot," Siyeon smirked.

"But... Could you please not go to work tomorrow?"

"Wish I could because I want to take care of you while you still can't move too much. But I'm afraid that Mr Kang will be mad at me."

"Try and give an excuse to him but also use my name."

"Why?"

"You will see. Now, let's continue sleeping, okay?"

"Okay," He kissed her neck softly and they continued their sleep.

The Next Day.

"Hello Mr Kang. I'm sorry but I cannot go to work today."

"B-because... errrr... I'm helping Miss Siyeon with her work."

"N-no it's true. I didn't lie... " Siyeon held her hand out to Taehyung as she wanted to speak with Mr Kang on the phone.

"She wants to talk to you." Taehyung gave his phone to Siyeon.

--------------------

Siyeon : Hello Mr Kang, are you still scolding your students?

Mr Kang : Miss Siyeon! I-I didn't know it is you.

Siyeon : So you believe Taehyung now?

Mr Kang : Y-yeah sorry for not believing him.

Siyeon : Hn.. You're always like that all the time. Do I have to discipline you again, Mr Kang?

Mr Kang : N-no, I do believe him now!

Siyeon : Good. By the way, you don't mind if I borrow Taehyung for today?

Mr Kang : No, I don't. He can take a day off for today.

Siyeon : Very well. Next time, if he can't go to work, you have to ask him nicely. Understood?

Mr Kang : Yes Miss Siyeon!

Siyeon : Have a nice day, Mr Kang.

--------------------------

She handed Taehyung's phone back to him.

"Thank you, Mr Kang," he hung up his phone as he felt relief that Mr Kang allowed him a day off for today. Then, he saw Siyeon trying to get up from the bed by herself. She was about to fall down but Taehyung caught her and put her on the bed again.

"You can't move too much, remember?" reminded Taehyung.

"I just want to go to the bathroom."

"You should ask me to help you. I don't want those stitches to open. Come, lean on me." Taehyung tried to help Siyeon up as he put her right hand on his shoulder and helped her walke carefully to the bathroom.

After she was done freshening up, he helped Siyeon walk back to the bedroom and put her at the foot of the bed carefully.

"You have to rest and don't move too much. I'll go prepare our breakfast."

"You will cook?"

"I'm a master in cooking. So what do you want to eat for breakfast?"

"Just bread only."

"If you want to recover quickly, you have to eat more than bread. I'll cook something special up for you. Be right back." Taehyung smiled and winked at Siyeon and walked out of the bedroom and went to the kitchen to prepare their breakfast.

While Taehyung was busy cooking in the kitchen, Siyeon laid on her bed and grabbed her phone to read the unread messages from her members.

"So, they got a day off for today too, huh?" mumbled Siyeon as she read the message from Jiu. Just in time, Jiu's name appeared on the screen. The green dial vibrating to be slid upwards.
-----------------

"Hello?"

"Hey Siyeon, are you okay? We just heard from Dami that you got hurt."

"Yeah don't worry, it's just a few small stitches."

"You always say it's a small or minor injury, but when we found out what those injuries are, it's pretty major to us, Siyeon. The wounds you had before were horrifying."

"Seriously, dude. It's not too serious. By the way, congrats for completing the mission yesterday. You girls did a good job."

"Yeah but Yoohyeon really helped us a lot during the mission."

"Did she do something risky again?"

"I know she always does something stupid and risky for us to succeed in a mission. But this time she did what she didn't want to do for a long time."

"What do you mean?"

"It came as a major shock for us but I will tell you after your recover from your injury."

"Okay."

"Ouh yeah, Sua told me that she went to your house to visit you just now but she saw an unknown car parked in front of your house. She thought that maybe someone came to your house so she left."

"Y-yeah, m-my cousin arrived at my house earlier this morning. He took care of me for today since I can't move too much."

"I see... Okay, I don't want to disturb your rest any more. Hope you'll get better soon, bye."

"Thanks Jiu, bye," She hung up her phone as Taehyung walk into the bedroom with plates of breakfast that he had prepared.

"Breakfast has arrived~" Taehyung put it on the bed. Then, he grabbed a chair and sat beside Siyeon.

"I made you french toast and a cup of coffee. I want to make you fried rice but I only found bread and eggs inside the kitchen."

"I seldom cook at home. I always eat at the restaurant or buy take out food."

"From now on, I'm not allowing you to eat or buy take outs anymore. I will cook for you everyday. Just ask me what you want to eat and I will cook for you, okay?" Taehyung showed the okay signal with his fingers.

"Thanks, Taehyung," Siyeon smiled. She took a bite of the french toast that Taehyung made for her.

"So, what do you think?" Taehyung wanted to hear Siyeon's comment of his cooking.

"Its delicious..." said Siyeon.

"Glad to hear that"

"You're not eating?"

"I'll eat after you finish eating," Then, Siyeon held the french toast to Taehyung.

"It's not nice if one is not sharing food and is eating in front of you. Let's share."

"Siyeon, I told that I will--"

"If you do not eat, I will not eat too."

"Okay-okay." Taehyung gave up and also tasted the breakfast he cooked for Siyeon. After they finished their breakfast, Taehyung cleaned up the plate and went to the kitchen as he washed the dishes. Then, he came back to the room where Siyeon was looking at the ring on her necklace. He sat on the side of the bed in front of her.

"Is that ring important to you?" asked Taehyung.

"It was. When I'm thinking about Hongbin and missing him, I can look at this ring but I think I should let it go."

"You don't have to. If that ring is important to you, you should keep it. I also keep Irene's necklace inside my wallet. When she's at the front of my mind, I will just stare at the necklace. I didn't get the chance to give it to her before she died."

"How did she die?" asked Siyeon.

"She got shot when she was in our house, waiting for me to comeback from military camp."

"You were a soilder!?" Siyeon's eyes snapped up to his when she heard from Taehyung that he was a soldier.

"Yes. I was once a soldier, serving in the U.S Army. After I was finished with my mission, I went home to see Irene after a long time not seeing her.. I didn't see anyone moving from the windows so I figured she was sleeping but when I came in, she was lying down with a pool of blood..."

"Did you know who killed her?"

"I don't know. The police said that it a straight homicide because they didn't steal anything inside the house. After she's gone, I quit being a soldier and became an agent," Taehyung's tears started to fall down but he quickly wiped his tears as he didn't want to cry in front of Siyeon.

"I'm sorry, I always cry when I remember her and I blame myself because I can't protect her--" Siyeon pulled him into a kiss as she knew how it felt to feel pain that Taehyung had. They released their liplock and Siyeon wiped Taehyung's still falling tears with her hands.

"You don't have to blame yourself. It's not your fault. Maybe, it was her destiny and God loves her more. Now, no one can hurt her. She's already free from the chaos that happens in this world." Siyeon gave motivational words for Taehyung as she wanted to lift up his mood.

"You always give motivational words for everyone. That's why I love you, Siyeon. From the day when you defended me from Ravi on my first day as an agent and inside the dojo until you finally made him realize. I had a crush on you after that but I was afraid to tell you."

"Why? Because I'm a senior and you're still a junior? Matthew and Dami are also just like us. Matthew had a crush on Dami when he was still in training. Dami was his mentor in the group that he trained in. She was a strict mentor when she was teaching but during lunch time, she liked to joke around. When Dami got into an accident, Matthew was there and came to helped her send to the hospital. He took care of her and that time, they started to fall in love together."

"He always told me about a girl that he had a crush on but I didn't know it was Miss Dami until he told me when I was first recruited as an agent."

"Now, you know. So, it's not impossible to fall in love with others who are high up or low ranked than you are. It shouldn't matter and the thing that should matter most is that you love each other."

"Like...us?"

"Yes, Taehyung. You feel better now? Don't cry again, okay? I'll always be with you."

"Thank you, Siyeon," Taehyung hugged his girlfriend and he finally come to realize now that he didn't blame himself for losing his lover.

"You want to watch TV?" Taehyung asked Siyeon as he thought that Siyeon felt bored lying on the bed without doing anything.

"Yep but first you have to move your car outside because Jiu called me that Sua almost come here this morning. She saw a car in front of the house and thought that maybe someone came to visit here so she went home."

"Ouh, I forgot. We almost got caught by your friends.

"They will know about us later but let's just pretend that we are just senior and junior. If they knew about these earlier, it will be a problem for us."

"Yeah, maybe I will get investigated by them."

"Especially Jiu, Sua and Yoohyeon who can't shut their mouth."

Taehyung and Siyeon giggled together. They wanted to keep this a secret from everyone so they can have their private time together more without any interference from their friends. Taehyung stood up from the bed and he lifted Siyeon up carefully bridal style and didn't think about her weight.

"Taehyung! Put me down! I'm not as light as you think."

"Nah, you're not heavy. I feel like I'm holding a feather right now." Siyeon's face became red when Taehyung said that. She hid her blushing face with her hands.

"You're so cute when you're shy, my angel Siyeon." Taehyung kissed Siyeon's cheek and brought her from the bed and went to the living room. They decidedly wanted to spend their day-off without thinking of work while taking care of each other.

End Of Chapter 21.