Chapter 12: Own Once

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

"Irene!"

"Irene, please hang in there!"

"Oppa... it hurts..."

"You're gonna be fine. Please stay with me!"

"Oppa... Don't cry... it will... hurt more..."

"I will, I will but please, stop talking."

"Oppa..."

"Yes babe."

"Find another girl... stay with you... I'm sorry if.. if.."

"Don't talk, babe.. please.."

"If I fail.. I didn't have the chance..to be your wife... I'm sorry..."

"Babe?"

"Irene?"

"Irene!!"

------------------------

"Taehyung, wake up. Are you alright?" 

"Miss.. Siyeon. Where am I?"

"I'm the one that should be asking you that. Why are you here and why are you screaming some girl's name when you're sleeping?"

"I.. Just had a nightmare. That's it."

"Taehyung, please don't lie to me. I know you missed someone right now. Who's Irene?"

"She..was my girlfriend. I miss her so much.. It's all my fault that she's dead." His tears were streaming down and Siyeon felt for him. She tried to comfort him as she knelt down and hugged Taehyung. He looked miserable after he had his nightmare.

"If you want a shoulder for you to cry on, I guess you can do it now.." Taehyung let out his cries and sobs. Streams and splotches of his tears fell down his face. Sobbing on Siyeon's currently wet shoulder but she didn't care as she wanted Taehyung to let out his feelings.

"Thank you for sending me home by the way. How do you know the password to my door?"

"I.. also put my birthday as my password on my cellphone..."

"Because it's easy to remember, right? I don't have strong memory so..."

" I got you..." Taehyung wiped his tears off from his face.

"Feeling better now?"

"Yeah.. Thank you. What time is it right now?"

"9 am. And we're probably already late for w--."

"9 am?! Oh shi-- I mean shoot! I'm late for my first lesson and Mr Kang will kill me!" Taehyung panicked as he jumped up.

"Mr Kang? He won't be mad." Siyeon assured him.

"Eh? Why do you seem so sure about it?" Taehyung looked confused.

"No time to answer and get ready. Or you want to let Mr Kang shout at your face?"

"Okay! I'll get ready now!" Taehyung ran out of the bedroom and went to the bathroom.

While Taehyung was in the bathroom, Siyeon checked her notification on her cellphone. Realizing that she has 5 missed calls and 2 messages from Sua, she tapped on the messages so she can read it on the screen.

From: Sua

YO! I'VE BEEN WAITING IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE FOR 1 HOUR!

OR YOU DIDN'T COME HOME LAST NIGHT?!

"I'm gonna get pummeled by her when I get there." Siyeon sighed.

___________________

Taehyung drove to the office with Siyeon beside him. He's so worried what will happen to him. He glared at Siyeon who's still in cool mood as always. 

"Miss Siyeon." 

'Hmm?"

"Are you afraid of someone or something?"

"Yes, I do."

"Who.. or what is it?"

"Losing somebody that I care again."

"Again?"

"Yeah. I think you know what I mean when I say 'again'. Or maybe Matthew already told the story to you."

"Ouh, about your..."

"Yes, him. What about you?"

"I don't know."

"Or you don't want to say. It's fine. Don't push yourself."

After they arrive at the department, Taehyung rushed into the elevator and he pushed the level 4 button. When Siyeon went to follow him, she got bumped by Dami who was also coming in late for work.

"Siyeon? You're also late?" Dami looked shocked when she Siyeon came late to work as her.

"Yeah. Why are you late?" Asked Siyeon to Dami.

"Matthew and I woke up late today. But, he already left first and he went to the second dep. I forgot to wear my tie because I was rushing to get here. And I already broke 3 traffic lights today."

"New record?" 

"Maybe.."

"You can borrow mine later but before that.. did you guys have a good night yesterday? Because I saw some red spot on your neck."

"Oh sh*t! I have to buy some hand bandage to cover it. See ya!" Dami rushed away and left Siyeon.

Siyeon walked into the elevator smiling, and pushed the level 4 button. The elevator took her to the level she picked, and she walked out. She saw Taehyung going into room 2 and can already hear Mr Kang's voice shouting Taehyung's name from outside.

"Agent Kim Taehyung! Give me a valid reason on why you are late on your first lesson?!" 

"I'm sorry sir, I-I.."

"No answer? Give me 300, now!" Taehyung quickly did what Mr Kang commanded.

Just in time, Siyeon walked in the room and she saw Taehyung doing his push-up punishment.

"Miss Siyeon." Mr Kang and other new agents stood at attention.

"What's going on, and what is this agent doing." asked Siyeon.

"I just gave him detention because this agent was late for his first lesson. He thinks that this is some sort of school or something." Mr Kang looked very angry at Taehyung.

"Agent Taehyung, get up and go to your seat." said Siyeon.

"But Miss Siyeon, h-he.." Mr Kang was confused while Taehyung just followed Siyeon's order.

"I'm the one that made Agent Taehyung late for his lesson because my car had a problem this morning. So, I asked him to send me to the office." Siyeon lied about her car as she didn't want to tell the truth about last night.

"Is it true, Agent Taehyung?" Mr Kang focused his sharp eyes on Taehyung.

"Y-yes sir." Taehyung nodded.

"I'm sorry Miss Siyeon, for my action and misunderstanding." said Mr Kang.

"Next time if someone is late for your class, try to ask them calmly. Let them tell their reason why. Don't use your ego first. I can hear your loud voice from outside. Do you want me to shut your voice down, Mr Kang?"

"No ma'am, I mean miss Siyeon." Taehyung and the other agents held their laugh as they saw Mr Kang getting scolded by Siyeon. What made it more hilarious was that Siyeon was scolding someone who was 10 years older than her.

"Good. Continue your lesson." Siyeon glared at Taehyung and smirked as she walked out from the room.

"Now I know what miss Siyeon meant. Even Mr Kang, who'd told off other agents because of his strict attitude and always scold other agents for tiny mistakes is scared of miss Siyeon with just her words. Is Dreamcatcher squad rank that much higher than others? I'm gonna ask Matthew about it." Taehyung thought.

_________________

The Dreamcatcher gathered at the C9, went to the meeting room and waited for Madam Yoona to appear on the screen.

"Have you covered it?" Siyeon whispered to Dami. She just showed thumbs up.

"What are you girls whispering about?" asked Handong.

"Nothing, we're just talking about yesterday." said Dami.

"Speaking about yesterday, what did you girls do last night?"asked Jiu.

"I went to the bar to drink." Siyeon spoke.

"Lee Siyeon drinking? Are you ing serious?" Yoohyeon and the rest of the squad were shocked.

Dami added, "Yeah, she asked me to send her to a nearby bar around and I didn't know if she came home after that."

Siyeon shrugged casually, "Someone brought me home."

"Who?" asked Sua.

"Agent Taehyung."

"The Coffee Guy?" asked Handong.

"Why do you guys sound like Ravi, when you guys say that?"

"Because the coffee scene when he accidentally poured the coffee on Ravi was hilarious." Yoohyeon laughed.

"Did you go to the bar with him?" asked Dami.

"No, I met him at the bar and I didn't know that he always goes there to drink. He sent me home and he fell asleep in my room."

"You guys slept together?!" Yoohyeon shouted and stood up as she slammed both her hands on the table.

"Shut up, Tree!" Sua pulled Yoohyeon back to her seat.

"Yes, we 'slept together' but he slept on the floor after he put me on the bed. I'm also shocked when I woke up and saw him sleeping on the floor."

"Damn, what if he did something to you, like you while you're in drunk mode." asked Jiu.

"If he me, he would be sleeping beside me or at least left me some love bites or something." Siyeon deadpanned.

"That's why you didn't answer my calls and messages. I thought you didn't come home" said Sua.

"We woke up late today and Taehyung got punished by Mr Kang because he was late for his first lesson.

"Oh sh*t. I heard from other agents that their members couldn't come to work for a couple days after they got punished by Mr Kang." said Handong.

"Yeah, I also heard about that. That's why I went in room 2 and saw Agent Taehyung already down and doing his punishment. I told him that it was my fault and he let Agent Taehyung go."

"He's afraid of you, you know. Remember when you fought with 6 of his agents and you just kicked their easily? He was scared when an 18 year old girl beats 6 agents single-handed, who were much more older and more skilled than him. He gave his full respect to you after that." Sua recalled the past memories when they were still in their teenage years.

"Hey... why didn't I hear about the story before?" asked Yoohyeon.

"Because you and Dami were still not agents. Only Sua, Handong and I knew about it." said Jiu.

"How?" asked Dami.

"We saw it with our own eyes." said Handong.

"Well, at least I helped Taehyung escape from his punishment. He owe me once."

Just in time, Madam Yoona came into view on the screen. They all immediately stood up to give respect.

"Morning Dreamcatchers."

"Good Morning, Madam Yoona."

"So is there any new information about the gangsters?"

"The information you told me about the gangsters, Madam Yoona, it's true. The leader of the gangster was one of the mafia gangs that we fought before. Dami and I had faced them and we tried to get the location on their hideout but they kept their silence." informed Siyeon.

"You have to complete this mission quick, girls. Because we got another serious problem. The gangsters had sent their suppliers to every bar and club in the city."

"What?!"

End Of Chapter 12.