Chapter 1: Morning Routine

Black Suits(DREAMCATCHER)

 

15119a9f57ff37bc272469312964.jpg

She woke up on her bed and looked at her clock; it's 5 am. She walked to the door and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After she came out of the bathroom with her body wrapped in a towel, she went to the kitchen and boiled hot water in a kettle. After that, she went back to her room.

She watched herself standing in the mirror, with just a towel on her body but that's not what she looked at. She focused on her scar on her right chest. She touched her scar and as she felt it on her fingertips, she remembered her past story...

"Watch out!"
*gunshot sound*

"Hongbin!" 

She ran to him after she saw Hongbin get shot from one of the mafia members. The mafia members didn't want her alive as they thought she would get them exposed, so they shot her too. She fell on the ground and the mafia gang ran away. Luckily, she was still alive however because of her wound on her right chest, she was already losing so much blood.

She crawled to Hongbin, whose life was depleting every second he breathed. She cradled his head on her lap and cried.

"Hongbin... I'm sorry.."

"Lend me... your hand..." Hongbin grabbed something from his pocket and gave it to her. Her tears fell, streaming down her face when she saw that Hongbin gave her a ring. 

"I wanted... to give... but.."

"No Hongbin, please. You're gonna be okay. Please stay with me!"

"Will... you... marry me, my angel.."

"Yes.., Hongbin...yes.." She held Hongbin's hand tightly.

"But I can't...be with you...please...take care... of yourself..." Hongbin took his last chance to look at his beautiful girlfriend, although saddened to see her crying, he was happy he could be with her for the last time. He closed his eyes, never opening again after that.

"Hongbin, please wake up! I don't want to lose you. Please!"

"Hongbin!"

She cried out loud and suddenly she collapsed. Unconscious because of the gunshot hit she took.

The tragic past will never erase from her memory. She still had the ring that she got from Hongbin as she wore on her necklace. She gazed at the photos of him with her hanging on the wall, longing for him.

She put her formal clothes on; white shirt, black coat, black pants and a black tie. She tied her hair into a ponytail to look more beautiful. She also put a little make up and her favourite perfume, fleur de sel. 

She walked out of her room to the kitchen and made her breakfast, half-boiled egg, bread and a cup of coffee.
After she was done with her breakfast, she washed the dishes and put the plates back in the cupboard.

She proceeded to the living room and on the couch and watched the "6AM News". She focused on the news the headline going on about killings with guns, just like when she remembered the past.

Suddenly, someone horned a car horn outside her house. She thought it was her friend who arrived to pick her up so they could go to work together. She put on her socks and black shoes. She stood up, grabbed her phone and ID card and went to the front door.

She opened the front door and saw her friend leaned on her car door with a cigarette on her hand. Her friend looked up and saw her coming out of the house.

"Good morning, ready to go to work?" asked her friend. She took a deep inhale from her smoke and blew out a long exhale out of .

"Hey Sua, d'you think I just started my job today? Of course I am, and please don't smoke in the car again or you will be in trouble like last time." 

"Yeah, I have to clean your vomit and the front seat 5 times."

"I told you that I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke but no, you didn't care."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. So what are we waiting for? Christmas?" 

"Damn you."

After Sua was done smoking, the two girls went into the car and Sua started the engine and went off to their workplace.

While they were on their way, Sua saw her friend sadly looked at the ring on her necklace.

"Do you still keep that ring?" said Sua.

"Yeah..." She sighed.

"You miss him, don't you?"

"He's already gone for 2 years but I still can't move on."

"I know, it's so hard to erase that memory from your head."

"Yeah, it's so tragic."

"I thought I lost you when the doctor said that you only have 50/50 chances to live because the gunshot that you got was too serious." 

Sua remembered when she, Jiu, Yoohyeon, Handong and Dami saw her friend lying down on the ground with Hongbin. Too much blood bleeding out of them.

They took Hongbin and his girlfriend to the hospital as quick as they can. Unfortunately, Hongbin passed away while his girlfriend was in the emergency room. She had been in the ICU for 1 week and miraculously, she was survived.

"Sorry if I made you guys worried when that happened," she said to Sua.

"You're okay now so it's alright- but you have to be strong. Keep that ring if it's important to you." Sua understood her friend's feeling.

"Okay, thanks..."

"No problem, dude." Sua patted on her friend's shoulder. 

While Sua drove carefully to the workplace, her friend saw the ring that Hongbin wrote her name on it.

"My Angel, Siyeon."

Siyeon grabbed and held the ring on her necklace.

"I promise that I will find the person who killed you, Hongbin." Siyeon swore in her heart.

End Of Chapter 1.