8-Back To The Summer

Hana's Random TALE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung and her childhood friends Bomi, and Eunji, formed a band during summer called RSHINE they been playing for three years now.

when she is at home she is practising on her guitar until her fingers bled. now she is in junior year, while Bomi and Eunji are seniors, trying real hard to reach their goal.

but after second semester Bomi got married with her long time girlfriend leaving them, to become a responsible partner to Chorong.

after a month Eunji quit the band because she is moving to another town.

"i should have known from the start that we're not bound to stick together, that we're not going to get far." Hayoung said looking at the instrument Bomi and EUnji used to play in their practice room.

She comb her hair putting the guitar down. she sit on the chair looking back to those memories when they started the band, it seems that those memories last forever, she smiled looking at the space that even though she got a choice she still want to be there because that was the best memories in her life being with her band mate.

that's when she meet Naeun. the girl she help when she was 13. It was summer break when  she tried to look for a job just near the school, she spends her evening working at a drive-in at A&W RESTO.

'no use of whining, when i got a job to do.' she thought getting the customer's order. she gets her handkerchief wiping her sweat looking outside when a black porsche stop by, slowly the window open, revealing a girl who is so pretty.

"welcome to A&W RESTO mam." she said politely readying herself for the order.

"hi do you still have yukgae jang (spicy beef soup) and kimchi jjigae (kimchi stew)?" the customer asked in a soft voice looking at her.

she looks at the list and see that there are still two available.

"yes mam, there are still two available in each menu." she answered still looking at the list.

"okay i'll take it all, how many minutes do i need to wait?" the customer asked tapping her finger, she lifts her head and offer the customer a smile.

"30 minutes mam." she answered looking at the customer, the customer smiles back.

"please call me Naeun, it seems like you are younger than me." Naeun said a smile spread across her lips.

"Alright mam Naeun, i uhh mean Naeun. My name is Hayoung." She said smiling sheepishly, naeun just laugh at it. "Are you working here for a quite long time?" Naeun asked out of curiosity gazing at her.

"Not really, i've been here for 4 months now. Hhm you seems like you're new here, not to be rude though but it is my first time seeing you here, are you new here?" Hayoung said eyes softening asking the last part.

Naeun nods at her understandingly before she spokes again. "not really, i always go here during summer then left when summer's gone, i just go here to visit my grandma. But now i stayed longer than i thought because i was looking for a girl who helps me a long ago." Naeun replied.

she gives Naeun a smile before saying. "i know you'll find her. just believe it will happen."

she get Naeun orders and give it to her.

"here's your order unnie." she added waiting for Naeun to get it.

"thanks Hayoung ah. see you." Naeun said grinning before driving out the drive way.

it was friday night when Hayoung show up on her work place late, she ask for 3 days excuse to do all her requirements that she needs before the start of school year and her boss agreed to it.

She just finished submitting her requirements that she had sprint to go there just to not get stuck in traffic, but still end up late.

"You're going to work as a waitress just for now. Hani already cover your work." Her boss Yoona said.

"Yes boss." She answered putting the uniform on.

She scan her eyes through the resto and see a person ready to order with head still on the menu. She went to table 34.

"Hi mam, may i take your order?" She asked gently, paper and pen in her hands ready to jolt it down.

"Ah yes, i would like to have your specialty and----" the girl said stopping when she lifts her head and see who the waitress is.

"Hayoung ah? wait i thought you work at the drive in area?" Naeun confusedly asked looking at her. She scratch  her head and sheepishly grin.

"long story short i was kind of late because i have something to do, and someone cover my work there, so here i am." She said laughing a bit.

"How bout you, why are you alone here? Where is your boyfriend or girlfriend?" She curiously asked scanning the area, she heard an angelic laugh turning around to see it was Naeun.

"I don't have a boyfriend Hayoung ah, nor a girlfriend." Naeun replied smiling a little.

"But you're so pretty, how come you don't have one. Do you want me to fix their eyes for them to see how pretty you are." She explained her brows furrowing.

"I am waiting for my first love that i met 10 years ago." Naeun sadly said.

"Haven't you find her yet?" She asked then look at her boss. Her boss signal her to check the phone.

She gets her phone and see a message from her boss. 'Accompany my cousin for now, i don't want her to feel lonely. I feel sorry because I'm quite busy that i cannot accompany her. Thanks Hayoung.' She mumbled.

She looks at Naeun who is also looking at her, she blush and avoid eye contact with her.

"Sorry bout that unnie." She said sitting infront of Naeun.

"Did your boyfriend texted you?" Naeun asked her.

"I don't have any unnie. It was my boss. Anyway have you find your first love?" She said removing her apron while scanning the menu list.  

"I see, no i didn't find her, maybe we are not meant to see each other again." Naeun said solemnly she holds Naeun hand who blush to it.

"If it's bound to happen it's bound to happen unnie." She said offering Naeun a smile and still holding Naeun hands.

Naeun smiled to her. "do you want to hang out with me tomorrow unnie?" She asked looking hopeful. 

"are you sure you don't have work tomorrow or you just want to skip it?" Naeun teasingly ask her.

"You see through my scheme unnie, how do you know it?" She asked fake gasping.

"W-what you mean it just a scheme?" Naeun said disappointedly.

"No unnie, i was just joking. Ofcourse i wanted to hang out with you, it's my day off tomorrow." She said smiling to Naeun.

"Okay i'll hang out with you." Naeun said mirroring her. Naeun order had arrived she texted one of her workmates with it.

they hang out that saturday, going to cinema to watch movies, went to see some art gallery and have dinner. Eventually that one hang out, come another then turn into date. It was their 7 dates when Hayoung ask Naeun to be her girlfriend.

"What's with all of this Hayoung ah?" Naeun asked looking at the set-up.

"Do you like it unnie?" She instead asked looking to Naeun.

"Ofcourse, but you didn't answer my question." Naeun said pouting. She pinch Naeun's cheek and look at her watch.

"Just Wait for it." She said eyes still focusing on her watch.

"5 4 3 2 1." She added counting down, looking to the sky, Naeun does the same and sees a fireworks saying "DO YOU WANT TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND NAEUN?" she looks at her fondly holding Naeun's hand.

"What's your answer Naeun ah?" She asked gently. Naeun looks at her tearing a little.

"Ofcourse Hayoung ah i've been waiting for you to ask me that. Yes i want you to be my girlfriend." Naeun said cupping her cheeks and kissed her passionately.

 

 

it was 6 months of their relationship when Naeun told her she's going back to america, she wanted to stop Naeun telling her that Naeun promised to be with her forever.

but who is she to do that, that even though it hurts like hell she eventually let Naeun go. She was devastated that after Naeun left, Naeun didn't even contacted her.

1 year after, she is at her home cleaning when she stumble to a little box opening it to see a bracelet and a photograph when she was 13 years old together with Bomi, Eunji who is both 16 at the time and an unknown girl behind them sitting on the bench looking sad, that she thinks is older than her.

She remembers how that photo had taken.

 

 

FLASHBACK:

it was summer when Hayoung, Eunji and Bomi decided  to go to the park. they decided to kill time. she decided to tease Eunji by tapping her nose and ran away. Bomi laughs at it, and run too.

 "yah!!! Come here Hayoung ah!! Don't run away from me.!!" Eunji shouted chasing after her.

She turn around and sticking her tongue out, "come and catch me unnie!!!" she shouts running away from Eunji and pass by a large fountain.

"yah!!!! Hayoung ah,!!! you wait and see." Eunji shouted back running after her.

"yah!!! Bomi ah!! you too!!!" Eunji added seeing Bomi joining Hayoung on teasing her.

Hayoung saw a large fountain and stops in front of it.

"wow beautiful." she mutters staring at the fountain, she made a wish and throw a penny on it.

"Hayoung ah, wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter